Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #3333

Monaco Owners Club
I asked a store employee about a bbq and wound up buying it! It had a happy face smilely thingy that fell down along with the price. I didn't set it up in the parking lot though.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #3334

Monaco Owners Club
WM in china?

Old 12-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #3335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Has anybody asked a WM manager his opinion on slides, jacks, chairs, BBQs, etc?
I'm sure he would encourage us to buy all of them at his store.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 12-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #3336

walmart parking lot

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zajicek farm auction 12011 130.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	16055

Lets see if this attachment will work.If so T H I S is what we woke up to at Wally World After a good nights sleep. Thanks for the Tips. I especially like the one of keeping the door to the cameras. Jimm Zi/
Old 12-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #3337

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
WM in china?

Yeah. They buy products that are made in America.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #3338

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
Attachment 16055

Lets see if this attachment will work.If so T H I S is what we woke up to at Wally World After a good nights sleep. Thanks for the Tips. I especially like the one of keeping the door to the cameras. Jimm Zi/

And that is a problem? So what is the big deal of a truck and trailer?
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #3339
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes to the slide question and never had a problem with doing so other than the normal do not block and some watch out for the trees.

I'd never ask the rest of the questions because they're things I would not do in any parking lot or rest area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Has anybody asked a WM manager his opinion on slides, jacks, chairs, BBQs, etc?
See My RV Upgrades
Old 12-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #3340

Not a problem. I just thought they were a little close. They had the whole parking lot, What wasn't in the picture was the 18 wheeler parked in front of us. They left b/4 I got out the camera. I could not move until the others left. It gave my wife and I time to prepare breakfast, eat it and clean up. That was the reason I asked the original question of the proper etiquette of wally docking. Where do you choose to park when there are others in the area?
Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #3341

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Not a problem. I just thought they were a little close. They had the whole parking lot, What wasn't in the picture was the 18 wheeler parked in front of us. They left b/4 I got out the camera. I could not move until the others left. It gave my wife and I time to prepare breakfast, eat it and clean up. That was the reason I asked the original question of the proper etiquette of wally docking. Where do you choose to park when there are others in the area?
Oh, ok. Wasn't sure what the point was.

On your question, I prefer to park close to where other RV'ers are parked. I figure they are probably nicer folks and there is safety in numbers.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #3342
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A quick heads up to everyone again this post is about Walmart Parking any posts not related or even closely related to that subject you may find gone without the courtesy of a notification as to why.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #3343

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Mr JohnRR; By this post, I hope to steer this thread back on topic. I do not get out among people very often so when I do, I kinda have to step back and watch what and how to act in the situation. Now my question. When pulling into a walmart, how do you choose the spot you park your rig, Is it rude to park close to the others, or does every one park as far from each other as possible? Just thought I'd ask. Jimm Zi/
Not John RR, but I always try to park away from others. If I'm parked and someone pulls in next to me, I move. Most WM lots are plenty big enough you don't need to be stuck together like bits of wood in a Presto Log.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #3344

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
A quick heads up to everyone again this post is about Walmart Parking any posts not related or even closely related to that subject you may find gone without the courtesy of a notification as to why.
Thank you for that, John. There is plenty of WM parking related experiences to talk about without bringing in a bunch of un-related topics.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #3345

Has anyone stayed at the 3465 York Commons Blvd, Dayton OH Walmart? Its at exit 59 of the I 75. From what I can see it should be RV friendly but confirmation of that would be appreciated.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #3346

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I believe in the WalMart school of business. The less people pay, the more they enjoy it. ~ Garth Brooks
It's kind of like the Great Depression. You get this panicky feeling that you may never again be close to civilization. All roads in southern Texas that lead to nowhere else, lead to Walmart! I know Walmart is a love it or hate it place for many folks, except maybe, Paris Hilton.
Walmart... do they like make walls there? ~ Paris Hilton

"Semper Fi"
Closed Thread

Tags
camping