Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #3403

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
I think WalMart is missing one important product in their line up.

"I'm a Happy Wally Docker" with smiley face logo Tee Shirts.

Come on, Bentonville.
I'm sure that The Mountain shirt printers could do that since their products are in the stores now. Probably cost about $10 each.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #3404

Isn't Sam's Club owned by Walmart? If you're a business member, you can get free coffee every day. And, if you get there early enough, you can snag a free pastry.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #3405

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Isn't Sam's Club owned by Walmart? If you're a business member, you can get free coffee every day. And, if you get there early enough, you can snag a free pastry.
No Sam's clubs here to belong to, nor do the local Wal*Marts do it. They actually came door to door to let those of us in the parking lot know.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #3406

Quote:

Now you just had to let the cat - Er, coffee - out of the bag, didn't ya?

Now that the secret is "blown", let me remind my fellow AARP folks that most McDonalds offer a discounted price on "Senior" coffee. Anywhere from 49 to 79 cents for a dollar cup a joe.

Of course, Free is always better than half off.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 12-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #3407

It's not really free coffee at Sam's. A business membership is $35/year. I get the membership so I can get in before the riff-raff gets in.

I've heard that McDonald's coffee it rated as the best; better than $tarbuck$.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #3408

Monaco Owners Club
Have you ever parked in a space at Walmart that is reserved for Mothers with kids. I did and boy what an education I got from some wonderful young Mom. I never park in the disabled spots though.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:52 AM   #3409

or a mommy spot.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:50 AM   #3410

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been called a mother before, and I often act like a kid. Does that qualify me to park in the mother with kids spot? Will my motor home fit in that spot? That's where I am staying next time. Is it up front? Will it save me a few steps while carrying my chicken? I have never seen that spot before. Maybe it's a local thing.
How about and old drunk with a hang over spot? We deserve our own spot. Or a lazy old guy carrying a chicken spot. Mommy with kids????? Really? How about overweight mommy with too many kids spot. They would need lots of those spots at most Wal marts I have been to. How about a freaky guy wearing outlandish clothes and a mullet spot. Need I go on?
Old 12-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #3411

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Have you ever parked in a space at Walmart that is reserved for Mothers with kids. I did and boy what an education I got from some wonderful young Mom. I never park in the disabled spots though.
I drive a truck for Toys R Us, and those spots can be a sore spot with us, especially during the (thankfully now ended) Christmas season.

At several stores (such as the Galleria location in Houston), the spot is very convenient...and it blocks us from being able to leave the store after a delivery. I sat almost an hour there a few weeks ago while the store management pushed back a cart stand and then went to find the owner of the cars in the first two spaces. First, the second driver came out...not an expectant mother spot, and she definitely wasn't. We finally located the owner of the car in the expectant mother's spot--a gentleman of about 50.

We had a truck trapped behind the Jackson, MS, store for 8 hours; as fast as they could tow away illegally parked cars, more would fill the alley.

It's clear many Wal-Mart customers can't count to 10 or 20 (items only in this lane), so how should they read any parking restrictions?

The Walton family still lives in Arkansas, pays income taxes there, and otherwise help the economy there. Including DUI fines, if I remember the news correctly.

My problem is I don't like chicken. Got any other menu suggestions for Wally Dockers?
Old 12-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #3412

Never seen those spots at WM, but Fry's has a few. What's the point? To expedite getting the brats into the store to irritate people sooner? I can see a spot for pregnant women, though.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:35 AM   #3413

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
I drive a truck for Toys R Us, and those spots can be a sore spot with us, especially during the (thankfully now ended) Christmas season.

At several stores (such as the Galleria location in Houston), the spot is very convenient...and it blocks us from being able to leave the store after a delivery. I sat almost an hour there a few weeks ago while the store management pushed back a cart stand and then went to find the owner of the cars in the first two spaces. First, the second driver came out...not an expectant mother spot, and she definitely wasn't. We finally located the owner of the car in the expectant mother's spot--a gentleman of about 50.

We had a truck trapped behind the Jackson, MS, store for 8 hours; as fast as they could tow away illegally parked cars, more would fill the alley.
I don't understand. What if those spots weren't designated at all and anybody could park there?
Old 12-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #3414

Winnebago Owners Club
I rarely park up close to the WM store entrance & never in the mother/ expectant mother/ handicap spots. I prefer my vehicles not to have dents & chips or scuffs from inconsiderate morons that can't open thier doors with out hitting the car next to them. These same people are to lazy to walk from the outer limits of the parking lot. So thats where I park. Although I expect some drunk might hit my truck out there since there isn't usually but a few vehicles parked in the near vicinity.
I try to get my chickens in the hot delivery bags for the long walk out to the parking lot.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #3415

Bought a 1994 Dodge Ram new and have zero door dings with over 150,000 miles on it. I too park away from the inconsiderates.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #3416

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Bought a 1994 Dodge Ram new and have zero door dings with over 150,000 miles on it. I too park away from the inconsiderates AT Wal MART.

Fixed it for ya there Dunner!

2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping