Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #3837

Wink walmart boondocking

Will definitely come in handy for us as we're retired and plan to do some traveling in the future. The Florida trip will be a good chance to use it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #3838

PapPappy: How nice of you and others to do something so nice as picking up trash in appreciation for a free place to stay. My husband and I are full-time RVers and my husband is also a driver for WalMart. From both of us, a big thank you to you and others like you that go the extra mile to leave a place like you found it or, more often than not, even better than it was. As a side note, even though my husband is a WalMart driver, he is not allowed to park on some WalMart parking lots. Even when it is allowed, he never fails to go inside and find the manager on duty to get permission to do so. He also informs the security guard patroling the lot that he has been given permission to park there. It is just good business and can avoid a lot of problems later. Again, you are so appreciated.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #3839

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What always burns me up is those that say: "If you can't afford to pay for a camp site in a campground then you can't afford an RV".

For us (both still working and limited time off) it's a matter of driving late and getting an early start. When we get there we'll stay in a park and enjoy it.

If you don't like to park in Wal*Mart or where ever else, then don't. But don't call others cheap when they do! [moderator edit]
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #3840

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
What always burns me up is those that say: "If you can't afford to pay for a camp site in a campground then you can't afford an RV".

For us (both still working and limited time off) it's a matter of driving late and getting an early start. When we get there we'll stay in a park and enjoy it.

There are many reasons people choose to stay at Wal-Mart. For some it might be money, but that doesn't make sense to me. We always spend more there then we would if we were in a park somewhere. Convenience is the reason we stay at WM, plain and simple.

If you don't like to park in Wal*Mart or where ever else, then don't. But don't call others cheap when they do!

Agreed!

[moderator edit]
Have a terrific day!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #3841

We have never stayed at a walmart to camp.As for putting out your push out well My trailer you can't move in it if you don't put it out . So I would not worry to much on the push out . I would think if you park you trailer or what ever far enough wasy from all the main parking you should be ok. Advising the manager that you are staying would be a must for me.

Thats my well started at 2 cents must be over 100,000 by looking at all the posts ahahahahahaha

Smooth sailing to all

DAN
Old 02-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #3842

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp303 View Post
We have never stayed at a walmart to camp.As for putting out your push out well My trailer you can't move in it if you don't put it out . So I would not worry to much on the push out . I would think if you park you trailer or what ever far enough wasy from all the main parking you should be ok. Advising the manager that you are staying would be a must for me.

Thats my well started at 2 cents must be over 100,000 by looking at all the posts ahahahahahaha

Smooth sailing to all

DAN
Sounds like you are exercising good common sense, Dan! Well, except you haven't stayed at WM, yet. Give it a try. With your attitude you will experince no problems.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #3843

TMSPOON: WalMart publishes a directory of all of their locations, directions, services, hours, etc. You can usually find them at a check-out stand or wherever they sell the Road Atlas.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #3844

I don't want anybody burned up so have a nice day camping at WM
you WM campers just get to burned up
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #3845

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCougar View Post
I don't want anybody burned up so have a nice day camping at WM
you WM campers just get to burned up
With fuel prices on their way up again, I may have to shift even more of my overnight stays to walmarts to make up for the additional fuel expense if I can still pull off my 5700 mile round trip of the northern and central US.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 02-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #3846

Monaco Owners Club
Okay people, Iv'e read enough. WALLYWORLD is not the only overnight parking lot!!! Home Depot, Lowes, and some CHURCHES except on weekends, will allow overnight parking as long as you ask and stay away from truck access lanes on commercial property. If you're too lazy to get permission, STAY AWAY!!!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #3847

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfoot View Post
Okay people, Iv'e read enough. WALLYWORLD is not the only overnight parking lot!!! Home Depot, Lowes, and some CHURCHES except on weekends, will allow overnight parking as long as you ask and stay away from truck access lanes on commercial property. If you're too lazy to get permission, STAY AWAY!!!!!
This thread is ABOUT overnight parking at WM! That's why there are so many posts about overnighting at WM. Of course there are lots of other places to overnight and you've mentioned a few. For a thread about that, go here:
Overnighting Other than Wal-Mart

I don't know why anyone would fail to get permission, though...
Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #3848

I'm pretty sure that the "other" places have been mentioned in this thread.

Asking for permission has also been mentioned in this thread.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #3849

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Never tried WM camping, but do enjoy shopping there
Old 02-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #3850

Monaco Owners Club
Try it you'll like it!!!!! It's not a destination , it's a repose.

Tags
camping