Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #3907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibase View Post
On another note, I saw a sign at the Walmart in Halifax, Nova Scotia this week stating "RV's WELCOME". I thought that you were not allowed to overnight on public lands or in parking lots in this province. I don't think it has ever been enforced.
Akibase, do you remember which WalMart in Halifax? Mumford Rd or Chain Lake Dr?

We are planning to Halifax in early May.

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #3908

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It was Chain Lake Road.

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #3909

Just returned from 7 month sojourn in a great loop through the midwest, southwest, California, Gulf Coast and East Coast. During that time we overnighted at Walmarts more than 30 nights. No hassles, no midnight expulsions. We will send a note of thanks to the corporation. We also bought all of our groceries and supplies there so its a two way street!

LIBERATED LTV LIBERO
Old 04-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #3910

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timblin View Post
Just returned from 7 month sojourn in a great loop through the midwest, southwest, California, Gulf Coast and East Coast. During that time we overnighted at Walmarts more than 30 nights. No hassles, no midnight expulsions. We will send a note of thanks to the corporation. We also bought all of our groceries and supplies there so its a two way street!
Excellent! It is wonderful to hear of someones positive experiences using WM as a place to overnight and shop. Did you run into any WM's that couldn't allow overnighting due to local regulations? Did you plan your trip to take advantage of WM's generous policies? A note to the corporate office is appropriate and kind. Great post and great job!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #3911

Quote:
It was Chain Lake Road.
Great, Thank you.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #3912

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Hehe..
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #3913

Now that is FUNNY!

I was at the walmart in Demming NM last week. I was checking over the rig while wife was shopping. Security guard pulled up and asked if we were planning on spending the night. I said no but he gave me their details. They ask that rv campers park on the west part of the lot, away from the east side where semis pull in. He shared a couple of nightmare stories that I will pass on...

One couple pulls in and sets up camp. He asks them to not camp there but to move to the other side of the lot. Camping in this spot can interfere with the big rigs coming in to make deliveries and since the trucks sit and idle or run the fridge systems it can be noisy at night. The camper was nasty with security, telling him that he was a walmart customer and could park in the lot where he wanted etc....Guard gives up. At 2 am or so the camper gets tired of the semi behind him that is idling...He goes over, pounds on the door of the truck, confronts the driver and eventually punches him. In the end the rver goes to jail, his rig gets towed away and the wife is left standing in the parking lot. Simply because he did not want to move 200 yards away.....
Old 04-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #3914

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Sounds like he deserved it... Wonder if wife was happier for the night?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #3915

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2912N View Post
Now that is FUNNY!

I was at the walmart in Demming NM last week. I was checking over the rig while wife was shopping. Security guard pulled up and asked if we were planning on spending the night. I said no but he gave me their details. They ask that rv campers park on the west part of the lot, away from the east side where semis pull in. He shared a couple of nightmare stories that I will pass on...

One couple pulls in and sets up camp. He asks them to not camp there but to move to the other side of the lot. Camping in this spot can interfere with the big rigs coming in to make deliveries and since the trucks sit and idle or run the fridge systems it can be noisy at night. The camper was nasty with security, telling him that he was a walmart customer and could park in the lot where he wanted etc....Guard gives up. At 2 am or so the camper gets tired of the semi behind him that is idling...He goes over, pounds on the door of the truck, confronts the driver and eventually punches him. In the end the rver goes to jail, his rig gets towed away and the wife is left standing in the parking lot. Simply because he did not want to move 200 yards away.....
This is a crazy story But i dont understand why his rig would be towed away and not left in the possession of his wife?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #3916

Jim, wasn't that on Leno the other night?

2912N. good one; where's "the rest of the story"(s)
Old 04-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #3917

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like it could be on the Maury show.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #3918

from the trucking man. I had a lay over in michiagan, it had snowed that day and I didn't deliver till the next day. I pulled in the truck stop, back in a spot where they had pushed the snow.I thought I would be nice and back in far enough to get out of the way, so I backed the trailer in the snow bank to give drivers room in front me to go by. I'll tell you, it was colder than a wooooie dooooie up there. ha what can I say, I'm from SC it don't get 5 below 0 down here. but any way I got ready to leave the next morning the old truck would not move. I could not figure out why it wouldn't move. now you got to remember southern boys don't do 5 below to good. after being out with the wind blowing in my face tears driping ice cubes my nose holes froze up shaking like a wet dog. I finaly figured out the bar on the trailer was frozen in the snow bank where I had backed into. a driver in a flat bed trailer had a chain pulled me out. needless to say as a truck driver you don't back in to snow banks....
Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #3919

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorLynn View Post
This is a crazy story But i dont understand why his rig would be towed away and not left in the possession of his wife?
If her name wasn't on the registration, the rig would be impounded. The cops won't pass possession to someone who may or may not have the permission of the owner, even if the owner is married to the person.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #3920

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
If anybody is traveling south through the state of Maine, the Lewiston Ramada Inn has 20 RV parking spots with 30 amp service behind the hotel. They charge a modest $10.00 for parking and they have a very inexpensive dinner buffet and breakfast buffet. Great spot if traveling south for the winter. We often stay there when heading to NASCAR in Loudon, New Hampshire. Not in winter of course.
This is great! Why can't more motels/hotels recognize this potentially lucrative business opportunity to make a few bucks? Seems like it's a no brainer to me. I would GLADLY pay $10 (or maybe even $20 if I could swim a few laps in the pool) for an overnight and probably partake of the buffet or on-site restaurant after a long day's journey.
Maybe someone from the big motel chains will read this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread

Tags
camping