Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #4467
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spend out first night in the MH ever...and in the Super Walmart parking lot in Lake Geneva WI...great place to catch a few hours!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #4468
"Remember, too, that Walmarts aren't the only places that allow Overnight RV Parking. Some Walmarts that don't or can't allow Overnight RV Parking have been known to suggest another location. You can also check with other "big box" stores in the area, the city parks department in this and nearby towns, the county parks department, the local tourism bureau, or local churches. Depending on where you'll be vacationing, there may be a farm or winery that would allow you to park on their property for a couple of days. You may even want to call the local police station and see if they have any suggestions on places where you can legally park an RV for two days.

Creative thinking will pay off. And please let us know what the eventual solution turns out to be!"

I think you could pull into a church parking lot, call the number on their sign, and inquire. Then if you are eternally grateful, you could send in a check for good measure. In our town, the walmarts do forbid overnight parking, (camp grounds all over the place) but near by the campgrounds which are mostly full, are churches that would not mind an overnight visitor.

Jimm Zajicek (Zi/)2016 F250 power stroke diesel / 2015 29.9 RE Wildwood Heritage Glenn TT
Old 06-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #4469
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Originally Posted by wrongwayknt View Post
Spend out first night in the MH ever...and in the Super Walmart parking lot in Lake Geneva WI...great place to catch a few hours!
Downtown Lake Geneva is a great place to walk and window shop on summer nights
Old 06-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #4470
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by wrongwayknt View Post
Welcome to the dark side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim and Vicky, Belleville, IL
2004 Winnebago Journey
2012 Explorer Toad
Old 06-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #4471
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Welcome to the dark side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it WOULD be the dark side if it weren't for all those lights in the parking lot.
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #4472
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
Well, it WOULD be the dark side if it weren't for all those lights in the parking lot.

All those lights and cameras at WM provide good security though...
Michael (Home base Northern CO)
USED TO HAVE; 03 Alpine 40MDTS Now RVless
Old 06-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #4473
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
No problem putting out lawn chairs. Just go in Walmart and buy a couple, save the receipt and tell people you are trying them out.

Before leaving bring them back in for a refund

Seriously, we can't walk around the foot of our bed with the slide in since it butts right up to the dresser. We still rarely put it out anywhere but a CG unless it can be parked where it is not obvious or a hazard. One of us (me) has to crawl across it to get in but for the few times we park like that it's no problem.

BTW if you buy Guinness and put it in a Coke bottle it looks pretty close. They tell me
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
Old 06-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #4474
320 pages!!! This has taken on a life if it's own. Who would of figured that to park or not to park at Wal Mart would of generated such a conversation?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #4475
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
320 pages!!! This has taken on a life if it's own.
And it seems it has a "Fatal Attraction" for getting
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
Old 06-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #4476
John, if you let it go OT, maybe it will die the death it should have ~200 pages ago.
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #4477
Winnebago Owners Club
I've enjoyed skimming through this thread this morning. We are relatively new to RV'g and are about to take our first long road trip from Washington State. Want to blow through WA, ID and Montana as quickly as possible in order to get to parts of the country we have not seen. We'll be traveling on I-90 and it sounds like a WM parking lot will serve us well for a night or two. We expect to end our first day on the ID/Mon boarder, the second night 3 or 4 hundred miles further east. Anyone have any WM experiences along that rout?
Bob & Muriel Tacoma, WA 2006 Suncruiser 38T, W24, 8.1, Henderson front, Ultra-Trac Rear, Koni, Banks Power, 2008 Saturn Aura Toad w/SMI & Falcon All Terrain
Old 07-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #4478
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
So hows the trip Fiat? Find any good Walmarts?
Old 07-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #4479
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Fiat, that sounds like my route, though I haven't seen Montana much, so I'll be going at a slower pace, but still wally docking and posting wally docking pictures as I go.
'92 Dodge W250 "Dually" Power Wagon
KIT 1106 Kamper Slide-in Truck Camper
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 07-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #4480
I bought a 2013 Rand McNally atlas at WM and it lists all of the WM stores. I park there regularly when in a hurry. Never had a problem. The hot donuts in the morning is the real reason.... ha ha Easy fuel too....

USAF Ret. Sony Corp. Ret.
1999 Bounder 34J, Ford V10
Boerne, TX
Closed Thread