Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #4635
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
I see more abuse by customers who drop their candy and gum wrappers and plastic bags on the way out to their car, or leave dirty diapers before or after they get there.
__________________

__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #4636
Registered User
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Orlando, Fl.
Posts: 2
Over night parking at Walmart

I agree with "Gatordog", itís not cool at all! "One writes if it bothers you look out the other window" That's not the way we should feel. Most Wal-Mart locations have signs posted saying you cannot park overnight. Their insurance requirement must be considered and then you have the city and state requirements.
Only my opinion!
__________________

__________________
bikerdude47 is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #4637
Senior Member
 
Lindsay Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tavares, FL
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
I see more abuse by customers who drop their candy and gum wrappers and plastic bags on the way out to their car, or leave dirty diapers before or after they get there.
Does that justify doing it yourself and breaking the established rules? You have every right to break these rules established a decade ago by FMCA, Escapees and others, just as you have a right (you think) to drop your candy wrappers in a national park. Nothing me or anybody else can do. I do have the right and I think duty, to try and get the more responsible RVers to show some respect for the rest of us, so we don't lose the ability to overnight at Wal-Mart. Ruinng for everybody else is one thing, but encouraging others to do it also, is another.
__________________
http://www.linandnancy.com
Lindsay Richards is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #4638
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 28,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
You have every right to break these rules established a decade ago by FMCA, Escapees and others, just as you have a right (you think) to drop your candy wrappers in a national park.
Problem with that is they are not "rules" since they can't be enforced, they are suggested behavior.
__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 CR-V
Mr_D is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #4639
Senior Member
 
Lindsay Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tavares, FL
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Problem with that is they are not "rules" since they can't be enforced, they are suggested behavior.
Whatever, they were designed to keep us from losing our ability to overnight. I believe that they are called ediquitte. (sorry, I have no spell checker on this computer.). Whatever they are called, they have helped keep us at Wal-Mart and unfortunately more and more Wal-Marts are shutting us out. It is strickly up to the individual to follow them or not. We are an expanding sport and I hate to see the bad habits of some being touted as the norm.
__________________
http://www.linandnancy.com
Lindsay Richards is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #4640
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Does that justify doing it yourself and breaking the established rules? You have every right to break these rules established a decade ago by FMCA, Escapees and others, just as you have a right (you think) to drop your candy wrappers in a national park. Nothing me or anybody else can do. I do have the right and I think duty, to try and get the more responsible RVers to show some respect for the rest of us, so we don't lose the ability to overnight at Wal-Mart. Ruinng for everybody else is one thing, but encouraging others to do it also, is another.
Where did I say I advocate or justify doing it myself. Don't go putting words in my post. Does anybody else think I said it was ok to be disrespectful and encourage others to be. I just pointed out the customers can be more disrespectful the an RV'er would ever be.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #4641
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
At this point in time I will politely point out this is the end of where this topic is heading. The topic will not be close but members may find themselves left out of the discussion.
Thanks John!
__________________
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #4642
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
I'd be willing to bet that most of the Walmarts that don't allow over-nighting is because of greed on the part of municipalities and greedy camp ground owner's who lobby their local governments to deny or restrict over-nighting. More than likely, an RV'er would be asked/told to leave before they would be written a ticket.

Sure there are instances of rowdy or noisy RV'ers, but of the thousands of Walmarts, how often has that happened? Lately, groups of people have turned into "Flash Mobs" that steal thousands of dollars worth of goods from Walmarts. How often do RV'ers form Flash Mobs"?
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #4643
Senior Member
 
Ramblin's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
...How often do RV'ers form Flash Mobs"?
RV = Worst getaway vehicle ever!
__________________
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #4644
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
I don't know. I sure like "getting away" in mine.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #4645
Senior Member
 
Ramblin's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I don't know. I sure like "getting away" in mine.
Ha! Touche sir, well played!
__________________
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #4646
Senior Member
 
Lindsay Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tavares, FL
Posts: 1,644
Diapers and flash mobs are not the question. All of these other thing will happen and don't have anything to do with us. We can control only what we can control. The orginal deal was that we do not appear to be camping, just overnighting. That is what is being abused. Advocating not controlling it can only hurt our cause. I have stayed at Wal-Mart about 150 times and have seen it all. I have talked to many store floor managers and they do appreciate people respecting their property and don't appreciate people not doing so. It isn't too hard to be respectful. The campground owners are behind some closures and well as polititicans, but so are disrespectful camapers.
__________________
http://www.linandnancy.com
Lindsay Richards is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #4647
Senior Member
 
BFlinn181's Avatar
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 16,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
We can control only what we can control. The orginal deal was that we do not appear to be camping, just overnighting. That is what is being abused. Advocating not controlling it can only hurt our cause.
The question is, Who's We? You? Your group and Walmart consultants?

Most Americans don't like being dictated to or controlled. If you are suggesting behaviors, O.K. You seem to be dictating what others can do in a Walmart parking lot. I prefer to ask the local manager and follow his/her requirements.
__________________

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #4648
Senior Member


 
Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Diapers and flash mobs are not the question. All of these other thing will happen and don't have anything to do with us. We can control only what we can control. The orginal deal was that we do not appear to be camping, just overnighting. That is what is being abused. Advocating not controlling it can only hurt our cause. I have stayed at Wal-Mart about 150 times and have seen it all. I have talked to many store floor managers and they do appreciate people respecting their property and don't appreciate people not doing so. It isn't too hard to be respectful. The campground owners are behind some closures and well as polititicans, but so are disrespectful camapers.
I haven't seen anyone advocating disrespect while overnighting at a WM. Can you provide a quote?
__________________

__________________
Phil in Bonney Lake, WA
2003 Itasca Horizon, 32TD
Madrona is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
camping



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Canadian Walmarts banning Overnight RV Parking jobriant Boondocking 77 11-18-2010 08:36 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.