Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #4705

Thor Owners Club
Are there any rules for parking in a Walmart parkig lot? Ha! J/K.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #4706

Hello,
Walmart parking is a real gift to us RVer's. We have stopped many times in a WM lot and enjoyed the convenience of a overnight stay plus shopping for our grocery and MH needs.
We always park in the most distant space especially if the WM trucks park in the area. Jacks down, no damage. Slides out over a curb and planter area. Generator yes, until late evening. Only have been asked to leave once in a lot that was not owned by WM but was not posted-No RV's. Walmart adds great value to our travels.
Regards,
JB

Old 08-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #4707

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamshog

I hope this was a Canadian "Cowboy" that did this. Or it was in Amish land where horse crap is "ok" to be shoveled or sh*t onto the roadway without cleanup. On the ranch, dirt road, side of the road, mountains, deserts, but not on the roads, parking lots, highways, etc. There are laws against that.

I've been around horses my whole life also, and have never seen done what the OP described.

Regards, Hamshog
It's true that the cowboy (American or Canadian) was considerate of his horses by letting them graze while he mucked out the trailer. As for the mess he left behind how many times parents have tossed or dropped dirty diapers? Or smokers dumped their car ashtray? Just saying there is a lot of people out there that use parking lots as garbage cans. Should this behaviour be allowed? Of course not. As many have said overnighting at Wal-Mart is a privilege and as such we who chose to use it should do so with respect of that privilege.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #4708

Gulf Streamers Club
As a retired teacher, I think some of you need to go back to school for reading comprehension.
WillyB, the poster of the horse trailer mucking tale, clarified in post #4693 "...the condition of that strip of terrain, it was well rutted by heavy trucks, doubtful if it was part of the WM lot as they have curbs/well defined boundrys..." Given a little time, the manure will decompose into an improvement in the soil, not like a diaper, cigarette butts, or other litter.

As a teacher, I taught environmental science for 20 summers based on a ranch in NW Wyoming. Western views of land use are much different than more suburban/urban dwellers. A little manure isn't offensive, unless tracked into the kitchen.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 08-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #4709

Walmart's paring lots are for customers who do not intend to stay overnite. Bottom line is is not a camp grounds and you guys that are using it is doing so as a favor from the store's management.Try to do the same thing at a mall.Yepper.That's not going to happen.
I can believe you guys are reviewing a favor.Walmart isn't in the camping grounds business.It is real close to being out and out rude.Tell ya what.If you don't like FREE camping,pay for a lot on a camp grounds.End of story.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #4710

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
I can believe you guys are reviewing a favor. Walmart isn't in the camping grounds business. It is real close to being out and out rude. Tell ya what. If you don't like FREE camping, pay for a lot on a camp grounds. End of story.
Oh boy, here we go again!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #4711

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer
Walmart's paring lots are for customers who do not intend to stay overnite.
Now That's interesting! I agree that at some WalMarts that is true, they erect signs to that effect. The rest don't seem too concerned about the length of a stay. Most WM lots are big, very big, lots of room for everyone. The curtesy of asking for permission is practiced by some and ignored by others. Again personel choices
Well the way I understand the parking lot issue is that Parking lots are for parking. Now I don't know what everyone else considers a parking lot is supposed to be used for, but parking is exactly what we do when we park for the night. The main purpose of having a parking lot is for the convenience of the store's customers. I patronize the stores that I park at, that makes me a customer. I purchase only things I have a use for and not to assage a guilty concience or whatever for free parking. I do it because that's what I want to do.
I have no problem with those who do not like WM, will not shop there or stay overnight, it's their right not to.
We bought our little rig in 2005, it hasn't been in a camp ground since then. I have nothing against campgrounds, they're just not my thing to do at this time.
Cheers
Willey
Old 08-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #4712

The whole reason Walmart allows overnight camping is to gain the profit from the consumer.
Where there are no conflicting bylaws, it is a good business move.
I have never seen an RV taking up space in a full WM parking lot.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #4713

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
WM doesn't allow "camping", they allow people to park in their lot to get some needed rest though. There is a difference.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #4714

I figure calling 911 for virtually any "infraction" of the "rules" at a Walmart parking lot is a pretty good way to end up on one of those "funniest 911 calls" web sites, right in there with the guy trying to get the police to come by and take him to the beer store for more beer or the woman calling to complain about not getting cheese on her cheeseburger.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #4715

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
I figure calling 911 for virtually any "infraction" of the "rules" at a Walmart parking lot is a pretty good way to end up on one of those "funniest 911 calls" web sites, right in there with the guy trying to get the police to come by and take him to the beer store for more beer or the woman calling to complain about not getting cheese on her cheeseburger.
Also, I doubt wm appreciates the police in their parking lot anymore than absolutely necessary.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #4716

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
I used the term "911" as in to call the police, not necessarily the emergency line. Now, if the person was dumping the processed grass to cover up a dead body, I might have called 911. Then again, if the person was already dead, there would be no need to call 911 and I would be chastised to doing so.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #4717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety

I believe the op corrected the location of the "offense". You must not own horses. It was horse country. I guess you could always call the "Horse Poop Police".

Not an issue with me. I love horses.
Well, Ive owned horses in the past, and love them too, so I understand the dilemma. We travel full time, and have 3 dogs. We stop at WM occasionally, and always clean up after them under common curtsey. I understand stopping, getting those animals out, walking them, feeding, and watering. We are animal people. we wouldn't want our animal walking or standing in the waste either. But emptying out the waste on the parking lot, and leaving it for the rest to enjoy is wrong. They should have cleaned up their mess. You leave an area like you found it........clean!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #4718

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
I am shocked by the response to this! It shows what city slickers know or care about! So it is okay to keep the horses a foot deep or more in horse poop and not water them and let them exercise their legs a bit to get the circulation moving good. I give KUDOS to the Cowboy for caring enough about his horses to give them a break. And as for the trailer being just big enough for the two horses that is by design to protect the horses during the trip less chance that they will fall or get turned around and get stuck or end up kicking each other much easier to load and unload and way safer for horse and handler. As for the manure ...."Oh dear honey they dropped horse poop on the ground call the police"! The cops would have laughed their butts off! Here they are risking life and limb and somebody calls 911 for a load of horse crap! That story would go around the station like a wild fire for days! Hey Charlie written up anymore horse crap citations? Just how big a pile of crap was it ?

I guess being brought up on a farm and having a farm of my own with large animals like horses and cattle, hogs, and kids I'm use to manure in all its forms and see no reason to get excited about seeing a pile of it anywhere-except maybe the kitchen! And just what are you going to do with it ??? Can't put it on a lawn in the fresh state as it will burn it, same with trees, can't use the dumpster it is one of those locked ones if you leave it on the ground it dries up and "God" takes care of it.

And yes the Amish and buggy Mennonites that shop and bank in town using their horse drawn buggies leave horse poop on the roads and stalls BIG Whoop! It goes away after a while to be freshened up by the next horse that passes by. What are you going to do? Call the police on them ?

IMHO 911 is for emergencies like a bank robbery, fire, auto accident with injuries, murder, dead body, heart attack etc. not for a pile of horse poop. On the other hand a dump truck load dumped on the road blocking traffic might be nice to notify the police so they can warn traffic while a front loader reloads the crap on the crap carrier, we wouldn't want some nice clean RV'r running into a load of crap would we?
Just my 2cents worth.
I too have had horses for about 25 yrs or so and we have transported them all over and i was brought up to be considerate of other people, I have a 4 horse trl with dividers that sometimes i don't use when hauling 2 horses, lots of room and NEVER have my horses moved around and got hurt, I transport with hay and water buckets, they are fed and watered in the trailer, A FOOT OF HORSE POOP, man those horses must go a lot and frequently, they must have been transported across the US SEVERAL TIMES.
THE PERSON THAT ABUSED THE WALMART just need's more common sense.
PS.
almost every inch of all Walmart property's are being monitored 24/7 management can see who did what and when

Closed Thread

Tags
camping