Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #4859

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
If you park at truck stops, YOU know generators will be running. If you over night at a Walmart, Generators may or may not be running.
When generators are running, we pull up past them or find a spot away from them. Wouldn't you? We don't expect them to shut their gens off.

Quote:
You talk about people not being considerate, so how about you being the same and realizing that a person pulling in to overnight at a Walmart, does not know the needs/desires of the others that are overnighting.
Anyone with the knowledge to own and use an RV with a gen KNOWS they smell and they're noisy. How could they not know this? It has nothing to do with anyone's desire other than to get some sleep and an early start in the morning.

Quote:
They ask permission (We hope) and park where directed by management. Should they then run around to all other RV's there and ask permission to run their Generator if they have a need or desire. No I don't think so and you should not either.
Did anyone suggest that or are you being facetious? Any RVer can tell a PUP and a TT from a Class A or C which are the ones most likely to have generators. Just pull up past those sleeping in the TTs and PUPs. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I will stop at a Walmart to overnight and I will ask management about running the generator at the same time I ask permission to overnight and acceptable location. If managements says no generator, then no generator, but if they say it is OK, then you can bet I will be running the generator as I see fit and it has nothing to do with consideration of the others overnighting there.
Geeze!!!! You (word "you" used as a figure of speech) can't pull up past the other people without generators? Why is that? THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!! When we get there and see Class As or Cs, we pull past them to where the air is breathable and it's quiet.

WM allows the noisy smelly rigs to park a little past the others there trying to, or who are already sleeping. Why would you (word "you" used as a figure of speech) want to pull next to them and wake everyone up with noise and gas them with fumes? This is a sincere question no one seems to be answering. The WM lots are large and WM never demands the RV stay in one tight cluster.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #4860

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
People should be willing and able to pay $30 to sleep because there is no guarantee that an RVer will find any free area to park.
Sorry, but I haven't found that to be true at all except on L.I. in NY. We have always found a place to sleep for the night. And people should not be willing to pay $30 for a place to sleep.... if one can even be found near an interstate at night in a strange pace. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!!!!

Quote:
If they are trying to find one in the dark or a strange place, they have neglected the first rule of travel...PLAN AHEAD.
How can they plan ahead when they don't know where they'll pull off for the night? Why do you think even those with 6 figure incomes and $1,000,000 rigs can be found spending the night at WMs? Planning ahead may work for YOU, (NO PERSONAL ATTACK MEANT!) but it doesn't work for everyone. There is no reason anyone should pass a WM and drive way out into the country somewhere to pay $30 to sleep. And no store there to buy anything. That sounds pretty foolish to me.

Quote:
Walmart could revoke their hospitality at any time. When choosing to live in a rolling home, it's the owner's responsibility to have the necessary financial means to park it someplace.
Are you saying the people in those $1,000,000 rigs can well afford $30 to sleep if they're not too tired to drive another hour looking for a CG and yet choose to spend the night at WMs? Then why are so many expensive new Class-As at WM for the night?

BTW, I find your comment about financial means degrading and offensive.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #4861

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy
I feel sorry for anyone staying at a WM on a hot humid night without a generator and Air Conditioning. If I didn't have the genny, I'd be at a CG with 50 amp. While I would never want to offend a fellow RVer, I bought the generator and AC specifically for, hot, humid, mid-west nights. If anyone knocks on my door and askes me to turn off the Genny, depending on my mood, I will provide one of the following answers:

1. I have a Viet Nam vet with me, who I am taking to the Mayo clinic for a heart-lung-gizzard transplant and I need to run the genny and AC to keep his heart-lung-gizzard maching operating and keep him alive. Then I'd ask for a donation for this medical expenses.

2. I need to run the AC to keep the meth lab cool so the RV doesn't explode.

3. Go... Oh never mind
Ha! Great answers.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #4862

Regarding million-dollar MHs, maybe their owners' thrifty lifestyle is one reason they have that rig. And even if it's not, an advatage of that expensive ride is that they can pull into a parking lot and be comfortable for the evening.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #4863

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Regarding million-dollar MHs, maybe their owners' thrifty lifestyle is one reason they have that rig.
Right! And it may also be why others have their TTs, POPs etc.

Quote:
And even if it's not, an advatage of that expensive ride is that they can pull into a parking lot and be comfortable for the evening.
Yep! Just pull up the line a little so others there can also be comfortable for the evening.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #4864
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
Sorry, but I haven't found that to be true at all except on L.I. in NY. We have always found a place to sleep for the night. And people should not be willing to pay $30 for a place to sleep.... if one can even be found near an interstate at night in a strange pace. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!!!!

How can they plan ahead when they don't know where they'll pull off for the night? Why do you think even those with 6 figure incomes and $1,000,000 rigs can be found spending the night at WMs? Planning ahead may work for YOU, (NO PERSONAL ATTACK MEANT!) but it doesn't work for everyone. There is no reason anyone should pass a WM and drive way out into the country somewhere to pay $30 to sleep. And no store there to buy anything. That sounds pretty foolish to me.

Are you saying the people in those $1,000,000 rigs can well afford $30 to sleep if they're not too tired to drive another hour looking for a CG and yet choose to spend the night at WMs? Then why are so many expensive new Class-As at WM for the night?

BTW, I find your comment about financial means degrading and offensive.
No, that's not what I'm saying, and no need to put words in my mouth. I don't see how I could have been any more clear.

If you are degraded and offended, that's your choice. Can we move on now before the thread is closed?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #4865

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Can we move on now before the thread is closed?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #4866
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Fair warning.

We won't necessarily close the thread, but we will moderate members who disregard the rules, particularly the "be nice" rule.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #4867

Could everyone except one person be wrong? I rest my case.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #4868

If I'm the first RV there and I park along the side of the Walmart lot (after getting permission) away from everyone else. Then someone comes along and parks close to me I get the feeling from some of the responses I should move if I decide it's hot and I need to run my generator to run the AC unit. Is that what some of you are saying?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #4869

As the new person(s) is setting up, I would go warn them that I might be using my generator.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #4870

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
If I'm the first RV there and I park along the side of the Walmart lot (after getting permission) away from everyone else. Then someone comes along and parks close to me I get the feeling from some of the responses I should move if I decide it's hot and I need to run my generator to run the AC unit. Is that what some of you are saying?
The lesson here is; if you're the first one there,run that genny so others know before hand and let them move or adjust!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #4871

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was dry camping at a NASCAR track where some fool pitched his tent next to my genny exhaust. He asked me to not run the genny when they were in the tent, guess what I told him?

Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #4872

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot
I was dry camping at a NASCAR track where some fool pitched his tent next to my genny exhaust. He asked me to not run the genny when they were in the tent, guess what I told him?
I know! You told him to go park at Walmart where people are more considerate?

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping