Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #5055

Gulf Streamers Club
No one has mentioned it's Walmart's 50th anniversary, have they? Officially it was July 2, but they're celebrating all year. Maybe besides rotisserie chicken we can also get cake!! Just don't eat it outside.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #5056

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
No one has mentioned it's Walmart's 50th anniversary, have they? Officially it was July 2, but they're celebrating all year. Maybe besides rotisserie chicken we can also get cake!! Just don't eat it outside.
It's OK as long as you put the bones and wrapper in trash can. Don't throw them down on the lot.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #5057

Monaco Owners Club
In celebrating their birthday they should start selling rotisserie bacon, just for all us wally dockers.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #5058

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Is the chicken really that good? How does it compare to other brands of rotisserie chicken?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #5059

Quote:
I'm sure other stores or malls would allow overnight parking by RVer's if they would only ask.
We've given up on Walmarts because they get a bit crowded, and there are too many "sheep" wanting to park as close to us as possible. Not sure what they are afraid of, but often if we are there first, by nightfall there are a heap of others parked so close that we can barely open the door. Fix is to wait until they have stopped milling around and then move right over to the other side of the lot. -

AND anyway - Walmart doesn't have free WiFi

SO - on the basis that if I'm going to be regarded as a free-loader, I may as well go for all possible perks.

So as others have mentioned, there are plenty of other stores that don't mind if asked first, and who have nice powerful wifi 24/7 as well

and dump points!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #5060

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
It's OK as long as you put the bones and wrapper in trash can. Don't throw them down on the lot.
Exactly...don't litter up the campground.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #5061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee
Walmart doesn't have free WiFi

SO - on the basis that if I'm going to be regarded as a free-loader, I may as well go for all possible perks.

So as others have mentioned, there are plenty of other stores that don't mind if asked first, and who have nice powerful wifi 24/7 as well

and dump points!!!
We have a mifi so we are covered when it comes to internet. I would try to get an open site at WM so that I could set up my Direct HD dish. WM is great for satellites. Even the trees in the islands are small enough to offer some shade but not block satellite reception.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #5062

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCanada View Post
Is the chicken really that good? How does it compare to other brands of rotisserie chicken?
Actually, their cousin Sam's generally has bigger and better rotisserie chickens. But if the real truth be known, I'd park at Walmart and slip down the street to Popeye's for some fried chicken. My cardiologist not understanding and God forgiving this poor sinner his downfalls, I'm gonna have a couple of fried chicken wings (mild please) from Popeye's every so often as long as a merciful God grants me breath to breathe.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #5063

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrohorse View Post
We have a mifi so we are covered when it comes to internet. I would try to get an open site at WM so that I could set up my Direct HD dish. WM is great for satellites. Even the trees in the islands are small enough to offer some shade but not block satellite reception.
I had Verizon unlimited for years. They finally slowed it down to where it was faster for me to walk the message over. As much as I use it is not economically feasible for me to enter into any of the limited contracts, so I must once again rely upon the very frail system of free wifi while I'm on the road. I'm glad I like Tacos and Big Macs.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #5064

Quote:
I had Verizon unlimited for years. They finally slowed it down to where it was faster for me to walk the message over. As much as I use it is not economically feasible for me to enter into any of the limited contracts, so I must once again rely upon the very frail system of free wifi while I'm on the road. I'm glad I like Tacos and Big Macs.

No need to add to your waistline to get free internet. Home depot, Fred Myer, Officeworks, Safeway et al often have strong signals out in the carpark, but the one we use mostly is supplied by Main Street USA - meaning whatever hotel/motel/coffeeshop/fast food/RV park has a decent signal wherever we stop. Never any need to hack into a network because there are plenty of businesses who make it freely available and even welcome you on their home page.

But just to keep on-topic. We do also use Walmart as an overnight stop when we are travelling. Always with permission and rarely would be not need at least a few dollars worth of groceries.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #5065

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I'm bringing my Campfire-In-A-Can so I can roast the hot dogs I buy from the WM grocery.

Lori-

IRV2-Supporter
Old 09-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #5066

Quote:
I wonder when Walmart will finally offer wifi in their parking lot.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #5067

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good new for all you Verizon people with a unlimited data plan. You can park at Walmart and have your WIFI also! Just make sure you get a 4 g smart phone, download FOXFI, and use your smart phone as WIFI hotspot.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #5068

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Will this also work with a Galaxy unit? I have a thing about supporting Apple Anything. I once posted about the American Dream not being dead and used Steve Jobs as proof. I was afraid for my life about half way through that thread.

Tags
camping