Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #5097

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
We like to drop the trailer and the kids off at WM, give them a couple bucks for supper and a snack, then Mom and me can head out to the local dance hall for drinks and dance without feeling guilty about leaving the kids home alone.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #5098

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Can I get my 40' plus tow in there without having to unhook the tow?
Not at the one on Booth Road in Warner Robins, GA.

Jon

2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #5099

NBC News Report

A man who tried to steal undershirts valued at $16 from a Wal-Mart in Margate, Fla., shot and killed a loss prevention employee there Friday evening, police said.
Lewis Jhon, 49, of Coral Springs, was pronounced dead at North Broward Medical Center after the shooting at about 7:15 p.m., Margate Police Lt. Andy Zettek said.

Hollywood resident Terrell Kennith Johnson, 22, was identified as the subject. He fled on foot, and police said they later found what they believed to be his body, which appeared to have a self-inflicted gunshot wound,
Johnson was found on the 500 block of NW 51st Avenue, he said.
The incident began when Johnson tried to steal packages of white undershirts at the Wal-Mart at 555 W. Atlantic Blvd in Margate, Zettek said. Jhon detained him, and at some point Johnson shot Jhon near the front entrance of the store, Zettek said.

“Everybody was scared that something was going to happen to them," witness Edward Jorgenson said of when people heard the gunshots in the store.

A woman was also taken into custody but her involvement in the incident is unknown.
After the shooting, police from Sunrise, Margate, Coconut Creek and Plantation converged on the scene, and a helicopter flew in the area searching for the suspect.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:17 AM   #5100

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Can I get my 40' plus tow in there without having to unhook the tow?
historyljc...
I'm not sure of your driving ability but I double tow and am 60' long. I've never had to disconnect anything, ever. Not saying it's now tight though. I do locate the diesel pump from outside the station parameter and pull through from where ever I need to to reach the pump.

Please don't look at the pic of my rig and tell me how you would never pull something like that. In the first sentence I said, "I'm not sure of your driving ability..."
GWinger

Old 09-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #5101

It's very upsetting that a man is killed over a petty theft. If the woman who was detained went in the store to assist in the crime, I'm wondering what charge can be brought against her. It doesn't appear the death occurred during the commission of a felony, so is she to get off?
Old 09-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #5102

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
historyljc...
I'm not sure of your driving ability but I double tow and am 60' long. I've never had to disconnect anything, ever. Not saying it's now tight though. I do locate the diesel pump from outside the station parameter and pull through from where ever I need to to reach the pump.

Please don't look at the pic of my rig and tell me how you would never pull something like that. In the first sentence I said, "I'm not sure of your driving ability..."
GWinger
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2 and weights %3.
Your set up seems fine. I bet you don't even notice that second trailer behind you.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #5103

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWinger View Post
historyljc...

GWinger
Abilities or not, There is no effective way to "Back-UP" with this type of setup. You would have to unhook...Back-Up..and then hook back up. No thank you !!!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #5104

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Abilities or not, There is no effective way to "Back-UP" with this type of setup. You would have to unhook...Back-Up..and then hook back up. No thank you !!!
That set up has more backing up ability then a toad behind a motorhome and if parked on an angle at Walmart it will protect the slideout rooms of the fifth wheel. Also some privacy for the lawn chairs and barbecue
Old 09-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #5105

Macpeety said, Abilities or not, There is no effective way to "Back-UP" with this type of setup. You would have to unhook...Back-Up..and then hook back up. No thank you !!!

X2. I guess if you know where you're going and can do it on a tank of gas, you can get by. That's one reason my DW drives her Expy separately towing our toys when we go away for winter.

And while I'd never think of towing something behind my TT, I see guys here in Colorado heading into the mountains towing their small TTs with a boat trailer behind that every summer weekend!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #5106

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
And while I'd never think of towing something behind my TT, I see guys here in Colorado heading into the mountains towing their small TTs with a boat trailer behind that every summer weekend!
You forgot to include the flat deck with accompanying ATVs in between the TT and boat. I was amazed when I saw just such a lashup; truck, 5er, flat deck, boat but the guy driving and his wife and kids all seamed great with the plan so who am I to complain. I drive a C or an A as needed and sometimes pull a toad. I worry about what I can handle, et the other guy worry about what he can handle and will let the insurance comapnies sort out any conflict that occurs.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #5107

Wow. I can't believe I have not hit this 205 page thread until now. Is there a Cliff's notes summary or is it worth reading all 205+ pages?
(Actually, I posted to subscribe--I need something to do before the DW tasks me.)
Old 09-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #5108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker View Post
I don't think Walmart cares whether RV'rs put out their slides or not, it's entirely a peer issue among our fellow RVrs. It's generally expressed among us RVrs that when parking there we keep the slides and awnings in so that we create a low profile and minimize the impact of being there and don't give the appearance of abusing the priveledge.

But if Walmart doesn't care, why should we be so concerned as long as egress and ingress of their customers and/or their vendors isn't compromised. Has anyone ever been told by a Walmart employee, manager, security, etc., that they don't want slides and awnings?

I've only stayed in a Walmart once and that was in Anchorage, AK about 8 years ago. Almost everyone there had at least one slide out and many had their generators running. I didn't see any awnings out though.
Not my unit, save for some long time back. But have three Wally's world in the immediate (Medford,OR) area and never an issue. People park, they shop, they do what-ever and never even a piece of paper on the ground when they leave. Age of 'unit' appears to not have anything to do with this 'Let's not screw this up.'

fae
Old 09-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #5109

Quote:
Originally Posted by two2go View Post
Wow. I can't believe I have not hit this 205 page thread until now. Is there a Cliff's notes summary or is it worth reading all 205+ pages?
(Actually, I posted to subscribe--I need something to do before the DW tasks me.)
Review all posts, or submit to honeydew list? Hmmm.
HONEYDEW!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #5110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety View Post
Holly 'you know what.' First time I've seen a unit behind a fifth wheel. As for backing up, even a 'Jeep' behind my motor home is a 'Let's not even try.'

Tried that once, but had no choice ... $200.00 some to repair the damage to the tow assembly.

Tags
camping