Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #5181

Walmart Camping

Never did it but I plan on it some day.My pastor did it man did they make him feel welcome.If they are happy why are you sad?There are more things to be sad about then this.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #5182

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer
Given the fact THIS SITE is about RV'ing,to camp in a parking lot of any retail store isn't camping.That does not represent what this site is about and certainly goes against all I believe in Rving. I think this thread should be locked.
Just a FYI
According to Merriam-Webster (which is a Britannica company)
Definition of CAMP

a : a place usually away from urban areas where tents or simple buildings (as cabins) are erected for shelter or for temporary residence (as for laborers, prisoners, or vacationers) <migrant labor camp>

b : a group of tents, cabins, or huts <fishing camps along the river>

c : a settlement newly sprung up in a lumbering or mining region

d and e do not apply.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #5183

Gulf Streamers Club
I hate haters! This site is about people using RVs. Some people use them to go into the woods and live in luxury. Some use them to park in the infield of a auto race. Some people go to the ocean, the desert or who knows where. Getting to those places, some people stop in a Walmart overnight instead of paying $35 for a parking spot in a campground with showers, toilets, a pool, a recreation center, an overpriced convenient store and a bunch of other stuff I don't use since I'm only stopping for the night on the way to someplace else. Some people probably use them to go to flea-markets. Don't be intolerant of others doing things different than yourself. Walmart is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #5184

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post

Be honest.You intended all along to impose on W/M. That sir is not camping and is a very poor representation of RV'ers.
How can anyone "impose" on WalMart if WalMart allows RV's to overnight? Why do so many people think they are WalMart RV Police?

I have never spent a night in a WalMart parking lot and probably never will but I have no business telling others not to, especially when WalMart allows and encourages it.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #5185
CD

Wouldn't this be a DULL world if everyone only believed the way I do. ( or anyone else for that matter)

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #5186

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WE RV 2 View Post
Never did it but I plan on it some day.My pastor did it man did they make him feel welcome.If they are happy why are you sad?There are more things to be sad about then this.
Stopped in at the Florida City Walmart, had a late day, had planned to make our camp site near Key West that night but we were delayed. That Walmart is NOT RV friendly at all. Signs everywhere saying so. We spent a few hundred bucks in the store and were having a bite before heading on. Security drone bangs on the door to make sure we weren't planning to stay. (He was nice about it at least)

That's one night it would have been great to be able to catch a few hours shut-eye before getting back on the road but it wasn't to happen. Pulled into Sugarloaf Key about 2 AM.

For me, I love having places I can stop while on the road. I work for a living and have limited days when I can enjoy being out on the road. Sometimes I have to make some miles to get where I want to be and often that requires driving 10 hours/day. Often that does not leave enough hours in the day to source out a campground that's not too far off the beaten path so as to not cost us too much time getting back on track. Unfortunately for me, I only get to play a week or two at a time and "the man" says I have to be back in time. If I'm to go more than a few hours from home, part of the trip is "getting there". It's not the perfect scenario but it is reality.

(I think I was nice that time. I hope I didn't offend anyone.)
Old 09-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #5187

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadHogg View Post
(I think I was nice that time. I hope I didn't offend anyone.)
I am offended that you think we are so thin skinned..... LOL
Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #5188

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
I am offended that you think we are so thin skinned..... LOL

I don't know what to think anymore...just walking on egg shells.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #5189

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think the very definition of RVer is someone who has an RV and uses it to travel to where he or she wants and to not be dependent on motels or hotels. Some RVers like to boondocks, connect to nature, and be off the beaten path. Others like the mode of travel, not worry about stopping at rest stops to relieve yourself, the luxury of just saying "I want to stop now, have some dinner and catch some sleep, without worrying about motels or campground.

Last weekend I went to a state park in Ohio. We took 2 of the granddaughters, both around five. We were surrounded by campers with tents, pop-ups, travel trailers, and some other RVers with large units.

Needless to say, the tent people were in all their glory out in the downpour and chilly temperatures huddled by the fire, trailers short and long, cabins, etc. Us RV ers, out in the middle of the woods, cooked our entire dinner inside during the rain. The girls watched videos, and played in our big wardrobe closet, having secret girl meetings, and everyone had a remarkable time.

RVers all have their vehicle of choice and do what they see fit to be comfortable. I don't think there is any one definition of what we do. Some love campgrounds, some love state parks or federal lands, some even love the extended stays at RV resorts. Many of us, on the way to all these destinations, stop overnight at WALMART, TRUCK STOPS, HOME DEPOTS, SAMS, or other places that allow you the luxury of stopping when you want, where you want, without the hassle of late night parking and settling up on some unlevel area. Oh yea, and it's FREE!!!

Different strokes for different folks, and we are all on this site being RVers.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #5190

Judgemental, intolerant, RIGID. Who am I?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #5191

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
Im down at the Jersey shore at Capemay.
I had to go to walmarts and notice 5 MH park at walmart.
I do not agree with this but they had there slides out and few even had there awning out. I think they got here early probably a day sooner and waiting to get in to there campground.
I have stayed in a walmarts but did not put out the slides and well did not camp there.
O well just my two cents
Jim
I use Wally World Campground everywhere I go!

I agree with Doodles. Putting out slides and awnings is going too far. Wal-Mart in Florida and other places is under a lot of pressure from the local Chamber's of Commerce because RV campgrounds, hotel, motel, interests think they are loosing money because of Wal-Marts policy. Some towns in Florida and other places, have made it a violation of city ordinances to sleepover in any parking lot. Some have required Wal-Mart to post signs to that effect.

We need to be as low key as possible and above all, when we stay over in a Wal-Mart lot, be sure to get up in the early morning and make sure you are not creating a parking problem. And last of all PLEASE buy some groceries or something at Wal-Mart, let them know that you are a faithful customer and appreciate their courtesy.

Abuse it and lose it!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #5192

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Someone correct me if I am wrong. The topic of this thread is Wal Mart Parking and we are on an RV site. Why would any one spend their time telling us Wally dockers not to Wally Dock. Sam Walton personally invited us. It is company policy. His kids have kept up the policy where possible. I think some people should go to a McDonalds web site and tell people not to eat hamburgers. Or go to Hooters and tell people not to look at, uh, people eating chicken wings.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #5193

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I think some people should go to a McDonalds web site and tell people not to eat hamburgers. Or go to Hooters and tell people not to look at, uh, people eating chicken wings.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #5194

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Judgemental, intolerant, RIGID. Who am I?
My ex-wife?

Tags
camping