Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #5433

I saw a MH with the west facing window awnings out. It was 115° that day. Is that considered common sense?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #5434

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
....and all is right in the iRV2 world.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #5435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
I saw a MH with the west facing window awnings out. It was 115° that day. Is that considered common sense?
I hope it was not morning, it needs to face east in the morning...
Old 10-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #5436

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Since when is living in 115° 'common sense' ?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #5437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
Since when is living in 115* 'common sense' ?
Father worked the flight line for may years... he generally does not remove sweatshirt until around 80 degrees or so...
...but if he was parked at Walmart in AZ he might be OK.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #5438

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
... appear to be going a step further than Walmart intends for providing a parking place for your RV. Not sure why people with otherwise common sense don't understand this. ...
Maybe it is just me, but I feel that if Walmart had certain rules that they wanted followed, they would post them on their website so it would be clear. That doesn't mean that I believe that I have the right to trash the place, just means that, in my opinion, I do not have the right to tell someone else how to conduct themselves on someone else's property.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #5439

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
Maybe it is just me, but I feel that if Walmart had certain rules that they wanted followed, they would post them on their website so it would be clear. That doesn't mean that I believe that I have the right to trash the place, just means that, in my opinion, I do not have the right to tell someone else how to conduct themselves on someone else's property.
It's not just you, I agree 100%. The 'Walmart Police' just love to tell others how to act and behave. Gives them a false sense of importance and self-worth, I guess.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 10-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #5440

Monaco Owners Club
Stopping for an overnight stay is not camping. Staying for days on end and setting up camp ,is another matter and could be construed as camping. Common sense should prevail but seems lost on some.

If Walmart could only start selling common sense, maybe the Walmart Police could buy some. It would give them a good reason to overnight there and see what it's all about.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #5441

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
Since Halloween is coming up anybody that wants to camp next to a grave yard can at the Super Walmart on Booth Road in Warner Robins, GA.

When they built the parking lot they discovered an abandoned grave yard. Instead of moving it they enclosed it and built around it.

Mystery Cemetery – Warner Robins, Georgia

Paved Paradise: Cemeteries in Parking Lots :: Wesley Treat's Roadside Resort

Jon
Leave it to Walmart to think of a theme park at their campground. What an excellent attraction to bring in campers. Talk about a Halloween destination park, this is it.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #5442

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
Appears to be common sense guidelines, but I have seen some very stupid things done by "campers," to include allowing their pet to relieve themselves on Walmart property and then the owner strolling away leaving his dogs mess for others to deal with. I have also seen "campers" draining their gray water on the asphalt, and leaving their trash on the ground as they pull out. Putting awnings out and lawn chairs would appear to be going a step further than Walmart intends for providing a parking place for your RV. Not sure why people with otherwise common sense don't understand this. I have a suggestion for you, ask that responsible person just how far you should go while "parked" on their property, if that responsible person tells you, just do as you please then I guess you have a green light to ignore what otherwise would be common sense behavior. Just an observation from one who has "parked" overnight at many Walmarts and never felt the need to camp there.
I agree with cleaning up after your pet or child makes a mess on the grass, and also agree to try to limit grey water leaking from the tank. What I do not understand is why it's not acceptable to spread out my carpet, throw out a few lawn chairs under the awning, and fire up the BBQ. I would think Walmart would put up camping rules in their parking lot if they did not intend for campers to fully enjoy their facilities. My grandchildren would enjoy climbing the trees in the parking lot islands, but I don't let them do that as that's pushing the limits in my book.....
Old 10-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #5443

Quote:
I would sit next to the window and work on my tan....
Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #5444

Better yet, put up the awnings, position yourself just right and get the reflection off the windows.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:43 AM   #5445
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry43 View Post
Mike,
Picture of MH looks like a "Tourmaster"? the bird?

We had a 99 model.

Terry
The 2000 Millennium edition had the Tour Master package in the Scenic Cruiser. It has been good to us. for over 10 years.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 10-17-2012, 04:36 AM   #5446

Quote:
Better yet, put up the awnings, position yourself just right and get the reflection off the windows.
Every time I've done what you suggested, someone from the office comes down to my site and tells me to put my clothing on.
I wonder if any of the Walmart are sunbathing friendly?
Closed Thread

Tags
camping