Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #5489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Does anyone know if the walmart in Lake Havasu is Rv friendly?
I'm not familiar with that part of the country but check with Home Depot too. In Ashville, NC, I was old that (store manager) HD welcomed RVer's for overnight stays, all over the country. May not be true in the case of a city ordinance.

Oh, HD has WiFi too!
GWinger
__________________

__________________
GWinger is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #5490
Senior Member
 
Nitrohorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWinger View Post
I'm not familiar with that part of the country but check with Home Depot too. In Ashville, NC, I was old that (store manager) HD welcomed RVer's for overnight stays, all over the country. May not be true in the case of a city ordinance.

Oh, HD has WiFi too!
GWinger
I wonder how long it will take till Walmart offers their campers free wifi. They better step up to the plate soon or they will lose campers to Home Depot.
__________________

__________________
Nitrohorse is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #5491
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrohorse

I wonder how long it will take till Walmart offers their campers free wifi. They better step up to the plate soon or they will lose campers to Home Depot.
On the other hand. How long will it take HD to start selling Chicken?
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 AM   #5492
Senior Member
 
Nitrohorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Darn, I missed it all!!

Same here. I just got back from 5 days up in northern Pa. and missed some posts.
I was at an antique gas and steam engine show, so I couldn't use any Walmart facilities this trip.
__________________
Nitrohorse is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #5493
Senior Member
 
Nitrohorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
On the other hand. How long will it take HD to start selling Chicken?
Funny you mentioned selling food at HD. They use to have a small kiosk outside the HD on Rt. 145 north of Allentown, Pa. that sold soft pretzels, hot dogs, etc. I don't know if that was a pilot program for HD or just an isolated offering.
__________________
Nitrohorse is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #5494
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,884
I'm pretty sure most of tucson doesnt allow Walmart parking. I saw lots of signs just this week.
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #5495
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrohorse View Post
Funny you mentioned selling food at HD. They use to have a small kiosk outside the HD on Rt. 145 north of Allentown, Pa. that sold soft pretzels, hot dogs, etc. I don't know if that was a pilot program for HD or just an isolated offering.
Years ago, I think they all did.
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #5496
Senior Member
 
Boeing Guy's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 304
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
They do have some legalized bordellos nearby in NV and they let their good customers over night in the RV's.
Anyone ready to admit to "being a good customer" and having overnighted at a legalized bordello in NV.
What's the difference between goint to Wal mart and a legalized bordello? At either of them you will get ... - Oh never mind.
__________________
Jim and Vicky, Belleville, IL
2004 Winnebago Journey
2012 Explorer Toad
Boeing Guy is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #5497
Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 67
Walmart/Sams parking..

We recently spend our first summer away from home and traveled from Fl. to NH and back...( gone for five months ) On the way north, none of our stops were more than one night at a time...on the way back, except for Cherry Hill Park, in College Park, Md. it was the same thing...and we stayed at Walmarts and Sam's along the way...total of five nights..one each location..always asking if it was ok to stay, and almost always shopping there either in the pm or am...Mgrs. were always very courteous and encouraging...always made and small a footprint on their property as possible ( 34foot towing ) almost always found other rvs there too doing the same...
I can understand campgrounds hurting because of this but, all along I 95, I-81 and I 85 there are motels and hotels advertising rates from between $75. and $50..including breakfasts and other extras...the price of campgrounds are almost as high and sometimes higher...and everything costs, or is self service...

Usually all I need is a shower and a bed, maybe food...no set up needed at Walmart...and usually food close by for bfst...

I wouldn't be surprised to see in time, partial hookups for $10.00 a night which I'd gladly pay...Many campgrounds are pricing themselves out of very simple and quick turnover business...they need to set up something like..check in after 8 or 9 pm..out by 7 or 8 am at half price and that might intice us Walmart rv's to use them again..
__________________
kchadw1944 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #5498
Senior Member
 
tbwhit's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Anyone ready to admit to "being a good customer" and having overnighted at a legalized bordello in NV.
What's the difference between goint to Wal mart and a legalized bordello? At either of them you will get ... - Oh never mind.
I see your point- I am a great American(customer/taxes) and you are right on about the other part!! God bless America, Boy I AM hoping for a CHANGE!
__________________
2011 American Heritage 45BT ISX 650 Cummins
We believe in God and Guns if you enter this home unwelcomed be prepared to meet both.
tbwhit is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #5499
Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 67
more on Walmart/Sam's

Just red a piece on here mentioning that in time, the possibility exists that Walmart / Sam's could even give free wi fi...what a great idea....

Walmart/Sam's could set up the free wi fi that before signing on, you have to read the specials at thier stores...or ( it would be a bit of inconvenience to me but I'd do it ) set it up so you had to go into the store and obtain a password...or they could post it in their Road Atlas which I use all the time...You can purchase them in the stores...same as the other large road atlas's...difference is, they show all the Walmarts that are within two miles of interstates and directions how to get there....
__________________
kchadw1944 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #5500
Senior Member
 
BFlinn181's Avatar
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 16,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchadw1944 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see in time, partial hookups for $10.00 a night which I'd gladly pay...Many campgrounds are pricing themselves out of very simple and quick turnover business...they need to set up something like..check in after 8 or 9 pm..out by 7 or 8 am at half price and that might intice us Walmart rv's to use them again..
I agree, I use WM because i'm just looking for a place to stop for the night. I don't need a pool, hot tubs, laundry, rec room, miniature golf or the rest of the amenities (and expense) of a campground. Electricity would be nice, but otherwise I don't need much more than a parking spot. If campgrounds would start an overnight stay rate, I'd use it in a heartbeat. I'd prefer it to WM lot with horns, screeching tires, etc. Every third day or so I'd pay to dump or fill water tank, too.
__________________

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #5501
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 28,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I agree, I use WM because i'm just looking for a place to stop for the night. I don't need a pool, hot tubs, laundry, rec room, miniature golf or the rest of the amenities (and expense) of a campground. Electricity would be nice, but otherwise I don't need much more than a parking spot. If campgrounds would start an overnight stay rate, I'd use it in a heartbeat. I'd prefer it to WM lot with horns, screeching tires, etc. Every third day or so I'd pay to dump or fill water tank, too.
Same for us.
__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 CR-V
Mr_D is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #5502
Senior Member
 
cb5300's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,167
I use Wally World because they are close to the Interstates and late at night the last thing I want to do is drive out of my way looking for a camp ground....
__________________

__________________
Charles and Martha*2008 Monaco Signature
FMCA #F388752*GoodSam Life Member
2007 Ford Explorer - Toad
cb5300 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
camping



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Canadian Walmarts banning Overnight RV Parking jobriant Boondocking 77 11-18-2010 08:36 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.