Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #5545

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell
Nothing against the people that get off the e way and collapse for thr night but Janet (my wife) goes by every morning about 6AM and the fishermen have been staying 3-4 days at a time. Just strange no sitting around the fire at night telling lies. Were $30 a night full hookup $20 wter and electric and about 1/2 mile from the boat launch
Where about?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #5546
Moderator Emeritus

Sad to say, but many times nowadays, $30 a night for 3-4 days might be the difference between goin' fishin' and stayin' home. It's not up to us to judge them, so as long as Walmart has no objection why should we? Let's move on, please.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #5547

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
People...people...

The original post was about parking in a Walmart parking lot for the night.
We have done this on our way south and honestly, I do not think that this is a "sin". We parked and then we went into Walmart and shopped and shopped....We more than paid what we would have spent in a campground.

Most of us are cognisenct of our duties and responsibilites and those will belie when we pull over to an empty parking lot, so please stop the arguments...!!!! I am so tired of this ever so old argument. We are an elite group and we need to stand together to make the public understand that we mean no harm when we park in a small portion of a parking lot over night to get a few hours of sleep.

I am so tired of the arguments about this age-old "*****. Please stop agruing about this and accept that some of us have to pull over and sleep for a few hours on our way to the destination. I do not think that any of the RVs in a parking lot mean to be disrespectfull or harmfull to the stores in the area. More than than...we will probably go in and spend money that the store would not get unless we pulled into the parking lot.

Please stop slamming the few of us that pull over and catch a few hours sleep. If we put out multple slides, levelors, and leave out garbage, then report us to the store and the police, but please respect the rest of us that just want to pull over and sleep for a few hours.... Most of us are really good RV'ers that just need a place to rest our head for a few hours...

Faith
Old 10-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #5548

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Sad to say, but many times nowadays, $30 a night for 3-4 days might be the difference between goin' fishin' and stayin' home. It's not up to us to judge them, so as long as Walmart has no objection why should we?
I agree. $30 full hook up, $20 water & elec. OR free......Oooww...what a hard decision! Wasn't too many years ago I used to get good, clean, chain motel for about $30 and I didn't have to supply the bed, bedding, roof, heat or A/C. I'll continue to look forward to Walmart's parking lot, even with the sirens. (See post #5397)

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 10-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #5549

I personally do not find it wrong to open the slide, put the awning out, a few chairs, patio mat, and enjoy a nice stay at Walmart. They encourage us RV'rs to patronize their stores and macadam campsites. I've seen people grilling out in their parking lot and no one seemed any worse for wear because of it. I think the proper thing to do is buy the food and possibly the charcoal or propane from the store as a nice gesture.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #5550

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
If insomnia doesn't keep me awake, heartburn wakes me up. I think I wore out a pillow tossing and turning last night.
Dinner if it is possible raise the head of your bed a few inches higher than the foot.
I have heard this helps with night time heart burn.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #5551

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have never had the opportunity to overnight at Walmart. I will, and it will be only as a stopover enroute to my final destination. I do like to pull in before dark, but I don't think I will park at 5 pm in the summer, put out the awnings and chairs. I may move out the bedroom slide to make in and out of bed easier. I want to stay somewhere that offers trees and wildlife.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #5552

I'm supposed to be taking the OTC heartburn med Ranitidine or Famotidine every day, but sometimes forget. I get it at Sam's or Walmart.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #5553

There are some businesses that have seen the light. While looking at CG reviews in the SouthWest, there was mention of a few "No Frills" places with 30 amp electric only for 10 or 12 bucks a night. They were basic dirt or gravel areas located behind existing motels.

If the larger Motel chains get smart, they may also do the same.

Sort of on subject, I have noted that some people refer to KOA as "Keep on adding" because some of them charge extra for more than two campers, or for pets, 50 amp service, etc. IMO, a graduated fee schedule fair - you pay for what you use, and don't pay for what you don't use.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 10-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #5554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I'm supposed to be taking the OTC heartburn med Ranitidine or Famotidine every day, but sometimes forget. I get it at Sam's or Walmart.
Please take the meds, I have Barret's, you don't need a pre-cancerous condition. I must have an Endoscopy every year and a Colonoscopy every 3.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #5555

Monaco Owners Club
Dunner I have two words for you >>>>>>>> bowel movement..... next time you have heartburn ask your self if you had one that day and if not you know what to do........ worked for me...... and cut out the morning popcorn.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #5556

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Please stop slamming the few of us that pull over and catch a few hours sleep. If we put out multple slides, levelors, and leave out garbage, then report us to the store and the police, but please respect the rest of us that just want to pull over and sleep for a few hours....
Ok so long as you don't slam us for using multiple slides, levelers, and anything else the Rv is equipped with.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #5557

Why can't so many of you see it? The issue isn't whether Walmart cares if we "camp" night after night, run our generators, put out our slides, awnings, grills, chairs, etc. It's the residents of the town, politicians in the town, owners of RV parks and motels in the area. It's what they THINK! More and more places are passing laws prohibiting overnight parking of RVs. It's not Walmart pushing those laws. It's people who perceive us taking advantage of a "good thing". Too many of us are taking advantage of Walmart generosity and one day the privilege will disappear.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #5558

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Walmart-Do-Drop-In or The Walmart Inn as I call Walmart. I ALWAYS stop there for the night on my way to wherever we're going. Reason being, I don't have to go hunting for a CG and then wait to be waited on, or be told "we're full". I don't have to pay for services that I won't use, and since my RV is fully contained I don't need services while I sleep. Walmart security is good enough for me. I realize everyone needs to make a living, and CG owners should really reconsider their situation. If they are located close to the freeways then advertise a speacial rate for "RVers Passing Through" and understand, we simply are tired and want to pull in, make ourselves a bite to eat and cleanup and go to sleep and wake up refreshed to pull out early in the morning. We don't need a pool, weight room or games. If a CG offered a nights stay for $5 that includes sewer dump/water refill I bet a lot of us would stop for the night and gladly pay if we needed that service. But to plain be upset that Walmart is taking their business is wrong. Look at it positve, offer us what Walmart does... free boondock parking, if we want any service charge a REASONEABLE fee for each. I would bet CG owners would see an increase in business. As a business owner of a Marketing company I see so many business owners that run seasonal business trying to make a years income during the season... they OVERLOOK what they THINK is pocket change, but pocket change adds up people!!!! Mr CG Owner: Offer me a $5 night to dump my RV and fill water and I will stay a night at your place, allow me to add Electricity for $5 and you'll make $10 on your space! Be greedy and hold out for $30 and earn nothing... sorry to be blunt but Cennex offers a FREE DUMP without even filling fuel.

Tags
camping