Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #5587

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wonder what he would do if he saw one with the chairs and awnings out with the Wal-Mart chicken on the BBQ?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #5588

If anyone is in the landing path of hurricane Sandy I would go find a Wal-Mart about 30 -50 miles inland and park on the West side of it. You will have supplies and shelter.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #5589

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
If anyone is in the landing path of hurricane Sandy I would go find a Wal-Mart about 30 -50 miles inland and park on the West side of it. You will have supplies and shelter.
Good idea!

I'm sure Walmarts everywhere have become Immune To The Weather since Katrina!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #5590

The West side, may not be the best placed depending on your location as the winds in a hurricane circulate counterclockwise. We delayed our RV trip by one day here in Central Florida. The Hurricane is exactly due East of us now and the winds here (35 mph or so) are coming from the due North. Over on the East Coast they are reporting sustained winds of 56 mph. You can look on the radar and see the varying angles of wind as the storm goes through. At Wal-Mart or at a campground, it is a good idea to put your slides in when having high winds. I had a slide topper rip in KS once and in Carson City, NV we were stuck in a campground for 2 days as the Highway Patrol would not allow high aspect vehicles on the road. Now this is a very fast moving hurricane, but is forecast to slow down.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #5591

Had our first Wallyworld campout last night. Asked the parking attendant if we could stay overnight, he said anywhere on the back row. We can fully use our RV with all slides in, so off to bed we went, up in the morning to move on. Only one other camper, in a car, with a dog.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #5592

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
CAMPING, not "parking" at WAL MART - YouTube

To the French who watch this, I don't endorse this video. The only thing wrong in this Walmart parking lot is the guy with the camera. Walmart police on patrol.
Had you walked over to the Walmart truck you see at 00:27 in that video, you would have found his generator running, too. Was he "camping," or parking?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #5593

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Had you walked over to the Walmart truck you see at 00:27 in that video, you would have found his generator running, too. Was he "camping," or parking?
He is doing the same thing the Rvers are doing. Getting some rest and minding his own business while being filmed by the Walmart Police.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #5594

There are many options on this forum and these threads.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #5595

Gulf Streamers Club
The poster of the video has over 1,000 videos on YouTube, many seem to be RV interview and reviews, as if it's someone in the business or at least profits from the RV industry. I don't see how the units in the video are so obviously 'camping' as opposed to 'parking.' Slides out? Generator on? Slides make the interior bigger, the generator makes appliances work. And the revelation the camper is from Quebec? Wow, what an indictment!!

Anyone without an RV wouldn't see the distinction or be so uptight about an open slide or a generator sitting behind the bumper. This video poster is the epitome of a self appointed Walmart policeman, lurking around the parking lot in the early morn, capturing 'offenders' of Walmart Corp. policy and 'embarrassing' them by posting on YouTube.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #5596

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
And the revelation the camper is from Quebec? Wow, what an indictment!!
Hard to take a guy like that seriously. I hope this video back fires on him.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #5597

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think he may be trying to warn us of a French invasion. You saw the plates, give me sovereignty? They can't get their freedom in Canada, so they are coming here in their campers. Just like our forefathers. What could be more a beacon of hope? A Walmart parking lot in America!

I didn't see if anyone noticed, but there were a lot of negative views of that video.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #5598

We pulled into a Jellystone campground last night. The sites are cramped and the place is overrun with kids darting across the streets. After we get the travel trailer in our spot, my son says,"Can we just go find a Walmart parking lot to camp in?" Yes he's a teenager and not an adult. And we've never stayed in a Walmart parking lot which made his comment even funnier.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #5599

Does anyone know if there's a POI database for boondock locations?

Cheers.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #5600

You people are a something else. Walmart people are great. There are so many persons who work at all hours of the day and night that you and I are just not aware of. They deserve respect for the work they do and the life they live. They do lots of things that are very important to all of us: those of us who live during the day and also those who live during the nighttime. We have been in Walmart parking lots at all times of the day and appreciate the value that Walmart adds to our life and to lots of other persons lives.
Also being able to stay overnight and shop at Walmart helps to make our RV traveling much more enjoyable.
Regards,
JimB
Closed Thread

Tags
camping