Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #5615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Just another false alarm.
Just the words, not the deed!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #5616

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca

There is NOTHING about Walmart Parking that hasn't been posted in this thread at least ten times...with this single exception:
"THREAD CLOSED. FOREVER!"
Except new pictures of my rig at different walmarts, as I can say the I have walmarted my way across America .

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 10-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #5617

Don't understand why owners of the big rigs with big money invested have to resort to parking in Walmart parking lots instead of a campground.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #5618

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Don't understand why owners of the big rigs with big money invested have to resort to parking in Walmart parking lots instead of a campground.
Most people that have the 'big money' don't get it by spending it needlessly to stop for a few hours when a perfectly free alternative is available. See this article for other ways rich folks save money:

'Extreme Cheapskates': Millionaire Forages For Food, Pees In Bottles (VIDEO)

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #5619

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Because Wal*Mart likes us to spend our money there!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #5620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Because Wal*Mart likes us to spend our money there!

We shop there also but park in a campground even if it is for only a few hrs.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #5621

The owners of big rigs park at Wal-Mart for the same reason that most of us do; ease and convenience. The notion that Wal-Mart overnighters do it to save money is widely held by those who don't actually overnight there, but for me and many others who have posted here, it is the ability to get in and get out without even decoupling the toad as well as the shopping and dining found in the out parcels. When you can easily spend $200 plus a day of fuel when getting from point A to point B, a Wal-Mart along the expressway is a great choice. Staying at Wal-Mart saves me at least an hour or hour and a half counting in and out. I am totally self contained and why bother wasting the time when I can get where I am going without the hassle.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #5622

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The bigger the rig, the more sense it makes to pull off the highway exit and steer right into Walmart. The bigger the more time it takes to back it in, get level, hook up and get settled.
At Walmart, pull in, go get some supplies, talk to the store manager. You will save 2 hours each day parking at Walmart. Now, that's priceless!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #5623

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
And you probably never will!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #5624

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
In and out, spend a few bucks, get some food and TP and get a quick nights sleep in a really nice self contained MH. I don't see why you would use a campground given the choice. I can afford to camp anyplace I want but when I am going from point A to B, a quick overnight at Walmart or Flying J or a roadside rest stop is all I need. It saves 2 hours of BS every day you are travelling when you want to get somewhere. When I get there, then the campground gets my money with not hesitation. I just wish someone out there would put some quick spots to stop, dump if necessary, get some H2O and electricity and move on. Like the new spots they are putting in for the OTR drivers. 10.00-20.00 for 8 hours or so would suit me fine. But that is probably on another forum. There are some that will say that I am in a hurry and should slow down and drive 300 mi a day and stay at a campground. I would rather get there and then stay at the campground. When going thru new territory, we do slow down and smell the roses but you can only see a place for the 1st time once. After that, it is old hat. I am sure I have missed meeting some really nice people in the campgrounds I have bypassed but in retrospect, I have met some really nice people in a Walmart parking lot.. Seeya on the road..
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #5625

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ah! at last a spark of life in the old thread . Why does one overnight at Wal Mart?
Well for us it's similar to what Lindsay posted. ours is a little rig and that matches our income. Yes budgets are tight, CG's are expensive and gas is expensive enough here above the 44th. So we save where we can, to spend where we want on things we have no need for . At a Wally or any other overnighting spot, it's always close to route we want to travel, (not an excuse but a fact). In the morning we rise, wash, put the bedding away, have breakfast and are on he way without any fuss. Most Walley's are close to shopping centers so it isn't likely to be a cheap overnight but we leave with our new treasures that will more likely be thrown out when we find we really had no use for them .
We use the RV to visit friends and relatives and then park on or close to their property while we visit. To do this it is sometimes necessary to park on the street in residential areas. The unit is self contained and when we need amenities water and dump we'll gladly pay. Now there are folks who will only stay at campgrounds, and that's why the CG owner has built the park for them. Where they make their mistake is trying to get me to join them. I wish them both the best of joy and satisfaction, its just not for us as there's no way we'd be happy in a CG watching life pass us by, we like the open road and travel without comitments to anyone. Life after 70 is short so enjoy it to the fullest.
Cheers
Willey
Old 10-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #5626

I often stay in a Walmart if I'm driving later into the night and don't want to bother other campers pulling into a camp site at night and making a racket. My rig is not quiet.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #5627

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
I often stay in a Walmart if I'm driving later into the night and don't want to bother other campers pulling into a camp site at night and making a racket. My rig is not quiet.
Might not be quiet, but it looks like a beauty!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #5628

Monaco Owners Club
This is a old thread but I know some WM don't allow overnites it would be nice if there was a map of wal marts that still let RV's stay overnight.

Tags
camping