Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #5741

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I come home and check if any of my subscribed threads are active, this one ALWAYS IS.

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #5742

Any one know if the Walmart in Roanoke Rapids NC allows overnight parking? I was there in April but the GPS POI I recently downloaded from the POI Factory shows it's a NOP (No Overnight Parking). Will be stoping in a few weeks.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #5743

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
When I come home and check if any of my subscribed threads are active, this one ALWAYS IS.
You SUBSCRIBED to this thread!!!?

WOW, I get enough notices without that.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #5744

Wow post #5744.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #5745

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Elementary
Old 11-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #5746

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
You can't fix stupid, but I do wish they would stop trying to get the new Wally Dockers to follow their destructive, activities
Are you calling us stupid again?

It is perfectly acceptable to use your slides, jacks, awnings, lawn chairs and anything else your Rv is equipped with. Ok your turn.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #5747

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post

It is perfectly acceptable to use your slides, jacks, awnings, lawn chairs and anything else your Rv is equipped with. Ok your turn.
I'll take this one:

Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #5748

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Well, almost time for bed, it's 11:10pm, EST, generators off (Shut it down at 9), batteries are as topped up for the night as they're going to get. Bout ready to take a shower and hit the sack for another restful night .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 11-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #5749

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good deal redneck Express,
I just started reading/ participating in this thread. I love pulling into a nice Wal Mart when I'm enroute. I don't think there are many or any here that are against Wally Docking. Some say we act like the WM police but I think we're only WM overnighting privilege protectionist at most. I hope we can all agree, WM is a great thing for all of us and what a bummer it's going to be for all of us when enough towns force WM to ban overnighters that finally WM corporate passes the word to all stores to put a stop to it.
I really believe this will happen sooner or later and I certainly hope, the later the better.
I used to think WM overnighting was a fairly well kept secret that I was willing to keep to myself but after seeing this gazillion post thread, it worries me how long this good thing will last.
I always get a kick out of posts on the internet from strangers asking where your favorite secret camping spots are; yea right, like I'm going to tell ya and the rest of the world.
There's not much I can do to protect our WM overnighting privileges except for myself and try to keep as low of profile as possible. We certainly ruined a best kept secret here. The little bit of money we spend there while overnighting is not even a drop in the bucket for WM and they know even if over nighting is banned , we'll be back to stock up on supplies any way.

It is so simple for any town to put a stop to WM overnighters if they want to, "This property is not zoned for a campground". Heck even a lowly 'Homeowners Association' can put a stop to it as most of us already know.
We live in a glass house, we better stay as invisible as possible. Who's gonna fight for us that we have the right to sleep in WM's parking lot.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #5750

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
Good deal redneck Express,
I just started reading/ participating in this thread. I love pulling into a nice Wal Mart when I'm enroute. I don't think there are many or any here that are against Wally Docking. Some say we act like the WM police but I think we're only WM overnighting privilege protectionist at most. I hope we can all agree, WM is a great thing for all of us and what a bummer it's going to be for all of us when enough towns force WM to ban overnighters that finally WM corporate passes the word to all stores to put a stop to it.
I really believe this will happen sooner or later and I certainly hope, the later the better.
I used to think WM overnighting was a fairly well kept secret that I was willing to keep to myself but after seeing this gazillion post thread, it worries me how long this good thing will last.
I always get a kick out of posts on the internet from strangers asking where your favorite secret camping spots are; yea right, like I'm going to tell ya and the rest of the world.
There's not much I can do to protect our WM overnighting privileges except for myself and try to keep as low of profile as possible. We certainly ruined a best kept secret here. The little bit of money we spend there while overnighting is not even a drop in the bucket for WM and they know even if over nighting is banned , we'll be back to stock up on supplies any way.

It is so simple for any town to put a stop to WM overnighters if they want to, "This property is not zoned for a campground". Heck even a lowly 'Homeowners Association' can put a stop to it as most of us already know.
We live in a glass house, we better stay as invisible as possible. Who's gonna fight for us that we have the right to sleep in WM's parking lot.
I usually go to Walmarts, because, sadly, I can find more walmarts where I can stop for the night than I can rest areas in a number of states. A good number along interstate 90, for example, limit out stays to as short as three hours, or do not allow sleep stops at all.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing alot of the rest areas being sold off to Walmart or one of the other large vendors as long as the bathrooms remain free and one can stop for 8 hours , and maybe a pay to use dump station wouldn't be bad either, along with a fresh water fill.

I encountered a pay to use fresh water supply station in only one place on my current adventure, and that was in Cody Wyoming. The dump station was free and the water for cleaning yer tank and hose was free, but for 50 cents, I was able to fill my 30 gallon fresh water tank with clean, safe drinking water there too.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #5751

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Some say we act like the WM police
Just like you, everyone has a mind. We all have thoughts, form opinions, draw conclusions. That is what makes the human race so amazing and "different" from all other animals.

It is wrong to try and force your beliefs on someone. But there is nothing wrong with expressing your beliefs to someone...merely stating your views...your opinions.

The Walmart police have an opinion even if its wrong they are entitled to it
Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #5752

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
I usually go to Walmarts, because, sadly, I can find more walmarts where I can stop for the night than I can rest areas in a number of states.
I agree and I think this may be on our side, and another reason that some towns are reluctant to shut down WM overnight parking. A free rest area for them too.
Notice there is no WM overnighting in big tourist towns. The campround owners are very knowledgeable when and where the city council meetings are.
Wal Mart wants to be a good neighbor in the town, if allowing overnighting is making any hard feelings,
is easy to do.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #5753

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I agree and I think this may be on our side, and another reason that some towns are reluctant to shut down WM overnight parking. A free rest area for them too.
Notice there is no WM overnighting in big tourist towns. The campround owners are very knowledgeable when and where the city council meetings are.
Wal Mart wants to be a good neighbor in the town, if allowing overnighting is making any hard feelings,
is easy to do.
I haven't seen a sign like that yet, but I use Allstays, so I just drive right on by where I cannot stop, usually there's another walmart that does allow a place to sleep just down the road, or a truck stop (hard to find ones that have places for RVs to park sometimes, I've run into a number where the parking is for Semis only, including a couple Pilots), or the occasional rest area that doesn't have exceedingly short stay lengths.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #5754

Quote:
is easy to do.

Yep, the abusers are not content to just abuse the privilege themselves, but insist of telling newer RVers that they should also abuse the privilege. I hope the abusers who do this will take a moment and try to grasp what they are doing to the rest of the RV'ers. In this last decade this has become more and more common and I am afraid it will become the norm. Why not stop these destructive practices? Believe me, it isn't hard at all. You are doing it just to make a point. The results of your point are above. At the very least, please stop trying to convince new folks to be abuses too,

Tags
camping