Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #5797

Quote:
most would agree with.
You really believe you speak for most RVers. You speak for only yourself. Escapees, FMCA, and other RV associations speak for their tens of thousands of members and came up with these recommendation with Wal-Mart. You seem so dead set on spreading these activities that hurt us to new Wally Dockers. What is gained by getting more and more stores closed by local politicians? I know what we are losing, but what are you gaining out of this?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #5798

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Pretty much only the Flying Js have the Rv section however when thats full you can simply park in any car space which would easy for your unit and still ok for large units. Its on their website.
We overnighted at the FJ in Florence, SC last year. The RV lot was very small (since has been at least doubled) so we asked inside and were told we can park there or in the truck lot as long as we didn't block anyone in. The truck lot was about 1/4 full so we figured we would not take a spot that a trucker that was working needed. By morning it was more full but still had open spaces. This year we went by and stayed at a Walmart for the first time. No jacks, awnings or BBQ but we were far enough away from everything I did run the generator for a while. Put one slide out while we ate dinner but brought it back in and put out the bedroom slide over the grass since you can not walk around the bed with it in. No one noticed us or said a thing but we did ask permission.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #5799

Just got back from biketober in Fl. stayed 3wk had a good time, 1st long RV trip of our life. On the the way back we came up the back way on the very west side of GA.,Tenn.
we got about midway in Ga. pulled to the nicest Walmart ever. Parked the Georgetown
way out of the way under some tree in the lot. Went in bought things took about hour and half /two.got to bed sleep 7 hrs, got up made coffee went on down the road got breakfast.Well here is my point I think it was safer to do the walmart park then to go ahead that nite.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #5800

In some places the is a large homeless population that take advantage of ANYWHERE they can park their HOME. In those places the do gooders in the area don't want to see them hence they get the No Camping Ord. passed. Not just for Wally W. but everywhere in the City limits. Wally world has to put up the signs cause the city fathers say so. But like one store Mang. said to me"if your only here for the night and your RV does not look like something from the Beverly Hillbilly's no one will bother you". Not to say local LOE's won't but not normally the case. I wallydock and boondock and only use a PARK when we go to a family deal. Course it's been said "I don't play well with others"
Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #5801

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
You know this for a fact?

Don't worry, things don't change, I'm pretty sure we have a lifetime guaranteed right to be able to stay at WM parking lots. And if they try to break that lease, you'd have a great case in court and WM has deep pockets.

OMG the nerve of this WM, kicking these people out without a 30 day notice.

are you still sure nobody cares?

I think you don't care. It's all about you and you could care less about the image some RVers are reflecting.

Now this guy is not abusing the privilege, but he'll lose it too.

It's too bad. Wal Mart has been too good for our own good. They gave us a place to shop and rest for the night. But they gave us enough rope to hang ourselves and people took advantage of it. They did'nt want the hassles of giving us rules and enforcing them, holy cow they were nice enough to let us spend the night for free; do we need them to hire people to tell us and enforce the rules? I could'nt even blame them for putting an end to this.
I was proud that I own a MH, but I can see how many people think of us as freeloading, homeless bums who found that overnighting @ Wal Mart is not enough for them, they want to take over and live there.
It's amazing the posts I read here, they're not humble, appreciative, smart enough to try to protect this privilege, arrogant and act like they have the God given right to stay at WM for free.
Oh I get it now, they're not really RVers, they are posing and wanting WM to keep the rift raff from staying in the parking lot of their town and trying to make us all look bad.
Cannot believe you use Williston for your example. That is a man camp, not Rv'ers parking. Walmart is not the one who initiated the eviction, the local cops did. There were some bad apples there, as always, causing property damage, parties, prostitution, etc..
Old 11-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #5802

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
I'm sorry Georgetown, I guess these are the rules you were talking about?

Stay one night only. Obtain permission from a qualified individual. Obey posted regulations. No awnings, chairs or barbeque grills. Do not use hydraulic jacks on soft surfaces (including asphalt). Always leave an area cleaner than you found it. Purchase gas, food, or supplies as a form of thank you, when feasible. Be safe! Always be aware of your surroundings and leave if you feel unsafe.
No, those are 'suggestions'..
Old 11-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #5803

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I find it strange that some of you feel you have a right to dictate what I responsibly do in a place I am allowed to overnight. I leave nothing behind but an empty parking slot or two when I leave a Walmart so what is your beef. I am not a member of FMCA so why should I be forced to follow their rules.

Also not to get into a Urinals at 30 feet contest I do have a problem with some on here treating people like they were idiots.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #5804

Gulf Streamers Club
Midniteoyl you are right on in both posts above.

The videos show oil field workers or hangers on abusing the Wallydocking privilege of a one night overnight stay. They should have been evicted.

On the other post, I agree, they are suggested guidelines, NOT rules. They have no authority to make rules on Walmart's parking lot. They do list some common sense suggestions for those with no common sense, but those kinds of folks probably won't see or follow them, after all, they have no common sense!

The folks that continue to warn others that they're ruining it for everyone are just the same timid folks that fear their own shadow and want everyone to conform to their own paranoid ideas. They search the web for supporting evidence of their own fears and build them into grand conspiracies of CG owners, local politicians, black helicopters and the UN.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #5805

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Midniteoyl you are right on in both posts above.

The videos show oil field workers or hangers on abusing the Wallydocking privilege of a one night overnight stay. They should have been evicted.

On the other post, I agree, they are suggested guidelines, NOT rules. They have no authority to make rules on Walmart's parking lot. They do list some common sense suggestions for those with no common sense, but those kinds of folks probably won't see or follow them, after all, they have no common sense!

The folks that continue to warn others that they're ruining it for everyone are just the same timid folks that fear their own shadow and want everyone to conform to their own paranoid ideas. They search the web for supporting evidence of their own fears and build them into grand conspiracies of CG owners, local politicians, black helicopters and the UN.
Umm was the non-mention of the MIB a freudian slip or ....... ???
Old 11-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #5806

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Umm was the non-mention of the MIB a freudian slip or ....... ???
No...They're real, and some of the aliens travel in RV's. The other things I mentioned are fake. The 'warnings' of some of the Wallycops are so stringent it seems like they believe 'We want to have the ability to Wallydock but don't do it because someone will see you and then it will ruin it for everyone who shouldn't use it because..." Sort of a 'Don't use it or lose it.' bit of circular logic.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 11-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #5807

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Wallydocking and RV Lifestyle

I hope you were'nt just being a smart by calling it a "your great find"
Nope I had originally thought your URL and resultant information was actually from Walmart; hence the question.
Quote:

Your link is is WMs official kindly corporate policy, no one store can overrule that policy unless they have problems and then they can get permission from corporate.
We all realize that when more and more stores report complaints from towns and /or other customers, those corporate policies can change, don't we?

Wal Mart buys property to build a store, the vocal people complain that they don't want WM, WM resells the property because they don't want to be where they are unwelcome. I've seen it happen and if you read , you've heard about it too. WM wants to be a good neighbor , but the town is more important than a few people who want to treat their parking lot like they own it.
I was kinda forced in Wallydocking when we left BC last April to go on a cross continent trip. The first place we stopped at was closed until memorial day over a month later. So after numerous empty attempts at finding open Campgrounds we just headed to Walmarts when it was time to stop for the night.

We met some great people and in all cases we never saw anyone 'abusing' the hospitality of the Walmart. DW and I did way more shopping than we normally do as the Walmart Lots are in most cases surrounded by other malls. Did I ever mention DW has a black belt in shopping?

I will continue to Wallydock when convenient and I will also kid around with anyone on this forum who wants to kid and can appreciate my weird humour. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #5808

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
What is gained by getting more and more stores closed by local politicians?
Nothing. We don't agree on the cause of these bans

Quote:
You really believe you speak for most RVers
just expressing my opinion

Quote:
I know what we are losing, but what are you gaining out of this?
Walmart does not ban parking for using your RV as it was intended. This is a myth so I am not gaining or losing anything.

If I join the FMCA they get to speak for me? I hope thats in the fine print.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #5809

Quote:
Walmart does not ban parking for using your RV as it was intended.
You just don't seem to get the fact that it isn't Wal-Mart doing the banning. It is local governments mainly. They do it for many reason, many of which are not under our control (like campground owners). One of the main reasons they do is because of RV'er doing what you advocate to everybody. The camping, the awning, the lawn chair, the BBQing, circling the wagons and the rest. The fact that some don't recognize this or even who is banning doesn't change these facts. Did you not look at Allstays and see the ones we are losing? As I said, I have overnighted at over 150 different Wal-Marts and the practices you keep on advocating for your own small gain are ruining it for others. I gave you the example of my town's ban. I fought against it and lost. Many of the signs even have the ordinance numbers on them. That didn't come from Wal-Mart. As far a not losing anything, just look at Allstays to see what we have all lost and the rate of banning appears to be increasing. It used to be rare to see a banned one, now it is common. What you are doing is working for you.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #5810

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
You just don't seem to get the fact that it isn't Wal-Mart doing the banning. It is local governments mainly. They do it for many reason, many of which are not under our control (like campground owners). One of the main reasons they do is because of RV'er doing what you advocate to everybody. The camping, the awning, the lawn chair, the BBQing, circling the wagons and the rest. The fact that some don't recognize this or even who is banning doesn't change these facts. Did you not look at Allstays and see the ones we are losing? As I said, I have overnighted at over 150 different Wal-Marts and the practices you keep on advocating for your own small gain are ruining it for others. I gave you the example of my town's ban. I fought against it and lost. Many of the signs even have the ordinance numbers on them. That didn't come from Wal-Mart. As far a not losing anything, just look at Allstays to see what we have all lost and the rate of banning appears to be increasing. It used to be rare to see a banned one, now it is common. What you are doing is working for you.

What is the story with the belligerence???????

How 'bout we just take a d-e-e-e-e-p breath and a quick look at this (perhaps less exciting) thread started only today?
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/anger-issues-141917.html

Closed Thread

Tags
camping