Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #5839

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Eh...thanks for the tip, eh!

Did I win the shirt?

If so, please deliver to me at the Walmart at the corner of Homeless and Moocher, Anytown, U.S.A....'cuz that's me all over, eh?!

If you didn't I'll buy you one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #5840

Newmar Owners Club
Can anyone tell me if any thread has topped 5840 posts? is this the biggest? It is good reading when all others have been looked at. One question for the people that wants to have it closed: why do you come here and look at it and upset yourself?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #5841

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
I'm not gonna stoop to getting personal but I don't understand why you guys haven't nuked this and that "threadkiller" thread several thousand posts ago. I guess they are just old geiser playgrounds and it keeps us off the street and throwing eggs or something more destructive.
A.) No such word. Geezer "Noun: An old man (used as a disparaging term)" Geyser is a natural feature found when magma comes close enough to ground water to superheat it so it erupts above the ground. Geiser is a Ford dealer in Peoria.

B.) Instead of spoiling our fun and amusement, you may unsubscribe from the thread by using the 'Thread Tools' at the top of the discussion and choose 'Ignore this Thread.'

Wallydocking is a service I enjoy as I travel the U.S. I probably wouldn't have learned about it as a travel option if I hadn't seen this topic.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 11-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #5842

Monaco Owners Club
There is no getting away from the discussion of how to park at Walmart as this is the OPs topic.

I park with the slides out, might use a lawn chair if the sun is shining and put out a water bowl for the doggy. How do you guys do it? Maybe we can get a feel for how the majority of rvers park at Wally mart without getting nasty.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #5843

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Maybe we can get a feel for how the majority of rvers park at Wally mart
You know- it's too bad that there isn't/wasn't a poll attached to this thread!

After nearly 6,000 posts, there'd be a definite majority opinion- especially since the poll software prevents anyone from voting twice!

A lost opportunity if ever there was one....:
Old 11-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #5844
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Francesca,

Don't make me keep coming back to this thread now, ya' har! It does keep me out of the bars. I go to Wally-world and by my liquor and sit and read, until:

End of the Internet

Hope you get there soon.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #5845

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Francesca,

Don't make me keep coming back to this thread now, ya' har! It does keep me out of the bars. I go to Wally-world and by my liquor and sit and read, until:

End of the Internet
Hope you get there soon.

Call me overcautious, but I sense Imminent Disaster...'course, at my age that could be just my dinner speaking.

Question:
If I click on that "End of The Internet" link, what happens?
Will the Walmart Thread disappear, thus bringing what for some may be "An End To Our Long National Nightmare"?

Anxiously awaiting fuller information....

Francesca
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #5846

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Can anyone tell me if any thread has topped 5840 posts? is this the biggest? It is good reading when all others have been looked at. One question for the people that wants to have it closed: why do you come here and look at it and upset yourself?
How about approaching 300000 views....extraordinary, especially when there is so much drivel posted. On the other hand, DW and I both like to read it once a day...kinda like a soap opera
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #5847

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
How about approaching 300000 views....extraordinary, especially when there is so much drivel posted. On the other hand, DW and I both like to read it once a day...kinda like a soap opera
As the Wallyworld Turns, or One Wallyday at a Time, or how about a more modern...Sons of Anarchy, filmed in Charming, parking at Wallyworld on their choppers.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #5848

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181

A.) No such word. Geezer "Noun: An old man (used as a disparaging term)" Geyser is a natural feature found when magma comes close enough to ground water to superheat it so it erupts above the ground. Geiser is a Ford dealer in Peoria.

B.) Instead of spoiling our fun and amusement, you may unsubscribe from the thread by using the 'Thread Tools' at the top of the discussion and choose 'Ignore this Thread.'

Wallydocking is a service I enjoy as I travel the U.S. I probably wouldn't have learned about it as a travel option if I hadn't seen this topic.
[moderator edit].

Question; Now what's the difference between the so called wallydockers and the homeless who sleep on the sidewalks.

Answer; the wallydockers think they are superior to them and brag about it on the internet for the whole world to see.
Denver, Colorado
Old 11-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #5849

Monaco Owners Club
If all the anti-Wallydockers didn't come on here, then we would probably all agree! That would get boring!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #5850

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
As the Wallyworld Turns, or One Wallyday at a Time, or how about a more modern...Sons of Anarchy, filmed in Charming, parking at Wallyworld on their choppers.
My favorite WalMartian.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #5851

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post

so called wallydockers

the wallydockers
...........I resent that appellation!

I myself am a dedicated WALLYMOOCHER and insist on my right to be so identified.

Your Friend,

Francesca
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #5852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards

You just don't seem to get the fact that it isn't Wal-Mart doing the banning. It is local governments mainly. They do it for many reason, many of which are not under our control (like campground owners). One of the main reasons they do is because of RV'er doing what you advocate to everybody. The camping, the awning, the lawn chair, the BBQing, circling the wagons and the rest. The fact that some don't recognize this or even who is banning doesn't change these facts. Did you not look at Allstays and see the ones we are losing? As I said, I have overnighted at over 150 different Wal-Marts and the practices you keep on advocating for your own small gain are ruining it for others. I gave you the example of my town's ban. I fought against it and lost. Many of the signs even have the ordinance numbers on them. That didn't come from Wal-Mart. As far a not losing anything, just look at Allstays to see what we have all lost and the rate of banning appears to be increasing. It used to be rare to see a banned one, now it is common. What you are doing is working for you.

Idaho falls http://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/cr/1036.html. loss of tax revenue.
Do not know where the currently stand but St Albert Canada " Crouse is concerned about the unsightly view, as well as the fact the city has campground space available." How about if they just start with a picture if the camper and/or tow vehicle is older than 10 years old?
Pasadena CA http://www.ci.pasadena.ca.us/Transpo.../Parking_FAQs/ Year 1921
Carlsbad CA http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/ca...9f59d179c.html local owners parking their RVs in the street.
Janesville WI. http://gazettextra.com/news/2007/dec...l-mart-banned/ conditional use when they built.
A paper in Nova Scotia to repeal no overnight parking. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...2E00YvwOnHbYrA

Lake City FL. http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/02/fl...v-parking-ban/ lifts ban.

Campground owner letter pushing for ban, states it is money and tax relayed, so putting slides out not the issue here. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...37lQV6cL6yNtOg

Seems there are moves both ways..... maybe it is more local politics than over nighters?
Closed Thread

Tags
camping