Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #757
Winnebago Owners Club
We have stayed at WM. it was in an emergency, when we needed to rest to pervent an accident. You will allways have some people that abuse things, and take as much as they think they can get to benifet themselves; When we park there In the early morning I take a shopping Cart, (God knows the lot is full of them), And while the wife wipps up a bite to eat, I walk around the lot and pick up any trash, bottles,ETC, and put the cart in the storage place, I have had the store manager come out and thank me. That is a feeling that I will never Forget; Espesuley after he told me of some of the things that people do. Helping him made me feel so proud, and it didn't cost me a penny..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #758
This has (for the most part) been an interesting thread (even though it took me until 1:45 AM to read it all).
I think it is and will be of interest to many people.
I agree with many of the items in the etiquette postings on several sites, but common sense may override some of the items occasionally; sitting in lawn chairs during the day may be one of them. When my wife goes shopping and I want to wait for her in the parking lot I prefer to sit in a lawn chair rather than the vehicle, so I do, even when we are driving just our Ford F150. I have gotten into some great conversations with people while sitting and waiting. NO ONE has given me dirty or questioning looks. So, that "rule" or "suggestion" plays out according to the circumstances.
(I suppose if common sense were common more people would have it.)
I'm not going to repeat the many other inconsiderate things that should not be done, just that I won't do them.
I, too, patrol the parking lot for trash and for errant shopping carts; it gives me something to do when I don't feel like sitting still.
Keep up the good work all you Wal*Mart visitors.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 AM   #759
Monaco Owners Club
Maybe we could get the campgrounds to start building mini Wal*Marts on their sites.....:B......Dennis
Old 09-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #760
Monaco Owners Club
We must all enjoy this line of Conversation! Be assured, when I said we can have a cookout, I was pointing out what is going over board! I never bother myself with concern at seeing RVs at a Wally. I see it as a great overnight chance to sleep and even do a bit of shopping! God Bless Wally for allowing us! All the campgrounds I stop at are nice, and I have a club membership for half price stays! Only in my thinking,Wally is not a place to take the place of any CG.! Those that dont like RV Resorts, and prefer the black top and midnight lot sweeping that always is a rush, and all the distractions, cant be all bad! I have to wonder though, as the man says the CGs are closed from cold weather, who would considder sleeping in a house with two inch walls in a Wally near your house! Try a tent! Keep the faith. its all in fun! Allegro5
Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #761
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Executive View Post
Maybe we could get the campgrounds to start building mini Wal*Marts on their sites.....:B......Dennis
Why? I for one still wouldn't use them. Might be OK for those who get a guilty feeling for some reason or other while staying at a Wally overnight.

Vanguard VXL2000
Ford V10 Super Duty
Me the Missus and Gabby
Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #762
The WM in Florida City is the one that the french turned into a camping ground. Even before the CG on US 1 that the french used was closed about three years ago, they still used WM the same way.
As to what was said to the quebec french who parked along side of friends MH while he was running the genny and then told my friend that the noise was bothering his wife and needed to shut down the genny (was parked in large field behind Flying J in south carolina on I 95 for overnight) was a version of english "excuse my french"
Old 10-01-2010, 05:34 AM   #763
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to idenphones
Now, all we need to do is figure out a way to drive our RV's to Africa.

A whole bunch more places to park!!

If the deal goes thru that is.

The Associated Press
BENTONVILLE, Ark. - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is offering to buy South African retailer Massmart Holdings Ltd. for approximately $4.25 billion.

A deal would give the world's largest retailer an opening to expand in Africa, a fast-growing region.
"South Africa possesses attractive market dynamics, favourable demographic trends and a growing economy," Executive Vice-President Andy Bond said in a statement.
Wal-Mart said it would pay 148 rands ($21.11) per share for Massmart, which has 201.5 million shares outstanding according to Thomson Reuters. Further details of the proposed deal were not disclosed.

Shares of Massmart surged above Wal-Mart's offer to 149.01 rands ($21.29), or 10.6 per cent, in midday trading Monday. That's an indication that shareholders are expecting a higher offer, either from Wal-Mart or another bidder.
The proposed transaction would further strengthen Wal-Mart's overseas business, which makes up about 25 per cent of its total revenue. Last month the discounter reported that its second-quarter results were helped by robust global growth in China, Brazil and Mexico.
Massmart, based in Johannesburg, runs 290 stores in 13 countries in Africa, with most in South Africa. It also manages eight wholesale and retail chains under various brand names.
Wal-Mart's push to expand in an emerging market comes as it faces sluggish sales in the U.S. Wal-Mart is aiming to pump up domestic sales with an aggressive push into urban markets, planning a small format that's a fraction of the size of its supercentres.
That expansion is expected to be detailed in October at Wal-Mart's meeting with analysts at its headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.
Wal-Mart is also trying to fix some merchandising problems, restoring items it cut last year and returning to everyday low pricing after steep rollbacks failed to excite shoppers.
The retailer has more than 8,500 stores under 55 different names in 15 countries. It has more than 4,000 stores in the U.S. Its fiscal 2010 sales were $405 billion
Ray, Sandra, and Zorro
2009 Safari Simba 34SBD
Workhorse (Of Course!)
Old 10-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #764
Vintage RV Owners Club
This guy prefers Home Depot to Wal-Mart
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX1355.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	5879  
Old 10-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #765
Perhaps a vendor that is restocking the store?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #766
We stopped at Walmart in (I believe) Rock Hill, SC on the way home from MB,SC in July. I asked the mgr. She was very nice and wecomed us to the lot. We pull a 2010 Wildwood 26bhxl - no slides. We did not open the awning. But we did JUST overnight. We were gone by 8 AM. I think slides and awnings is really a bit much for overnight.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:15 AM   #767
Originally Posted by pjeffreysr1 View Post
We stopped at Walmart in (I believe) Rock Hill, SC on the way home from MB,SC in July. I asked the mgr. She was very nice and wecomed us to the lot. We pull a 2010 Wildwood 26bhxl - no slides. We did not open the awning. But we did JUST overnight. We were gone by 8 AM. I think slides and awnings is really a bit much for overnight.
i think that is keeping it within respecatable boundries not using the slides and awnings as it just looks like your there to stay for a good long time
Old 10-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #768
Monaco Owners Club
It apears most agree that a Wally is a gift and not a Campground! Its the cheap seats! But a welcome place to get a nights sleep! If you are short on Cash then thats all the reason also! But to most, its a traveling place for a short stay! Hopefully they wont be stopping us from those that dont know better, and look like The Beverly HBs.. Allegro5
Old 10-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #769
Monaco Owners Club
The only effect keeping your slides in will have is on your personal space. It wont fool anyone outside your rig.
2008 HR 340 Cummins, Vacationer XL
Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #770
Fleetwood Owners Club

Don't know if this has been addressed as I have not read the entire thread....

We have "parked" at a Walmart on occasion in our 11 years of RV ownership. Maybe 2 or 3 times total. Last time was probably the last. Coming across I-10 from points west to Fl. we got caught in the "drove too long and it was getting dark" situation we try to avoid. Looked at the "Next Exit" program and saw a Walmart was coming up. Decided to stop, went in and asked for permission to park, no problem but..... I had a very uneasy feeling about the area. Long story short, about midnight had a group of guys in a car screech to a stop, doors open, and started pounding on the side of the MH. Yelled at them and they took off. I called the local police and they came and talked to me. Really, strongly advised us not to stay the night as it was a bad area.
I know that this can happen anywhere but it has sorta turned us off of overnite parking like Walmart.

Ron K.

Closed Thread