Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #939

Heartland RV Club
I drove by my local Walmart a little while ago ,only one rig in the lot.

www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #940

Heartland RV Club
only 60 more

www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Old 01-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #941

Winnebago Owners Club
941 posts on the board!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #942

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Every Sam's Club that we have stayed in has had a security guy on site all night and they patrolled all around the parking lot & building. I don't know if they are all like that but that is just what we have encountered. Since we have a business membership, we also get to go in early and get complimentary coffee and danishes or cookies that they put out for their business card members. And they have all been so happy for us to stay. Kinda scary in a way.
Good to know, I will have to ask about security if I stay at a Sam's. How about the Lowe's and Home Depot locations.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #943

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Had to run to WalMart here in Buckeye, Az last night and really didn't like what I saw. Eight coaches... half with jacks down... one with a portable sat dish on a tripod... all parked close enough to the store to cause busy parking lot traffic to have to weave their way through them to get out of the lot.

I don't overnight at WalMart but know that nobody else will for long if this kind of stuff continues.

rick
At the Ocala, Fl. store there were 4 5th TT's side by side with tables and chairs set up and having a group sit down party. It looked like a group who were traveling together. It just looked out of place at the walmart lot. They were off by the auto repair section and not blocking anyone.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #944

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
my guess is following 999
brianj
Same thing only different! So there.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #945

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
... How about the Lowe's and Home Depot locations.
Never seen security at any Lowes/Home Depot we've frequented. And we would go to them often enough. When we were remodeling a house in Elizabethton TN, we had been there about a month and I walked in looking for something and one of the floor people asked me if I was looking for my husband and told me where he was in the store! Had to tell her that I was looking for something for my self but thanks.... We decided that we spent way too much time in Lowes... they also allowed over night parking at the time.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #946

OK, for some reason, I just finished reading back from post #800. The World is now in alignment and I'm up to speed...Whewww!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
For the right amount of money, I could close the thread at 999.
You don't have a HAIR! DARE YA...DOUBLE dare!! I can almost hear the hundreds of computers exploding all around the U.S. seconds after the... "CLICK"! Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
Old 01-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #947
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If that happens, you all have to align the 49th
Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #948

Monaco Owners Club
There's eight of us here late tonight...7 stupid posts each and we can put this thing over 1000.

Six more for me! Not at WM but at the UF parking lot where the Gators just spanked the Razorbacks!!

Not a rocket scientist, but I have stayed at WalMart. No jacks but I did air level, did that offend some WM Police??

Go Gators!!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #949

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Did anyone here go to Michigan games in Ohio red or to Ohio games in Michigan Blue? I've done both and cherished the weird reactions from the fans. I think this post may be considered off topic but it ain't. Walmart's colours are Blue and Red.

I still cheer for the Mekatina Purple Raiders. Bet not too many still alive who remember these guys.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #950

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
We usually locate the Walmart we plan to stay at and call ahead to see if they allow overnight parking. Their phone numbers are usually available via Google map or Mapquest locater. Have noticed a lot more heavy truck traffic at out local walmart lately. Am concerned that the wear and tear they are causing by oil leaks and such may cause Walmart to change their policy in overnite parking.
Are you aware that the overnight parking at WalMart for RVers is an extension of the invitation Sam Walton extended to over-the-road truckers who needed a place to get off the road at night so they could rest. Professional drivers are only permitted to drive for so many hours before having to stop and sleep.

RVers saw the trucks parking and started using WalMart's lots themselves. Since there were so many, the company has a policy allowing overnight parking for RVs only if the manager gives permission. It's a safety thing, not a free camping thing.

I have seen WalMart lots so crowded by RVers staying there for days on end that there is hardly any room for the local customers to park. If the invitation gets rescinded, it will be more likely due to thoughtless RVers who put out their awnings, grills, slide outs and lawn chairs while dumping waste water into storm drains and using the parking lots as a campground.

I was at the WalMart headquarters in Arkansas and spoke directly with one of their vice presidents about this policy. What I am writing here is WalMart's official policy.

No one is "entitled" to stay on private property unless there has been an invitation by the owner.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #951

Well, if you need 50 more posts, I'll play. I was at Wal-Mart tonight. Drove through 7" of snow in the driveway to get there. No RV's in the lot, in fact not many vehicles of any kind. I did look at the RV section of the store and saw it was well stocked, but since I'm not going anywhere, I didn't buy anything. I went to the RV show today and went through sticker shock. I guess I will keep my old motorhome and just kleep throwing more money at it.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #952

Freightliner Owners Club
Some just dont like RVer's parking at Wal Mart and want to make sure understand that it isn't a right,well I agree and most do,but no matter what you say there will always be those who feel they have the right,look at todays politics every one think they have a right and dont have to earn any thing!If you want to stop parking at WM then go to the ones parking there and tell them to straighten up! "Good Luck" and carry a big stick!

Tags
camping