Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #967

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
NOT RVers, went to Walmart yesterday around noon and saw to gentleman pouring 3 galons of used oil down the storm drain grate in the parking lot. They didn't think or know this was wrong when I asked what the hell they were doing. I let the store manager know, he acted like so what.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #968

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Z View Post
i don't understand why? At least 20% of the previous posts are just about the number of posts needed to get to 1000
George, just because its a little bit of nonserious fun to get there in a post that has seen some serious & heated debate in its past.

About the man dumping oil in the storm drain, some people just have no clue that that storm drains do not go to a treatment center & goes directly into our creeks, streams, rivers, and lakes.

Going for the one (1000).

Old 01-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #969

Many quick change oil and lube places will accept the oil for free and they send it off to be reprocessed. 3 gallons was probably an RV or a over the road trucker.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #970

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Many quick change oil and lube places will accept the oil for free and they send it off to be reprocessed. 3 gallons was probably an RV or a over the road trucker.
Without being rude, these guys were neither. This walmart has a service center. this was a change oil at home and were can we get rid of the oil. In my county we have dump sites that take oil along with all other house rubbish.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #971

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL

You could call our place Wally World as much as we have spent there the last 43 1/2 years.

I dont feel guilty at all staying over night and resting,have only used 5 or 6 times,Thank You Wal Mart!
Have they been around that long?..anyway they have always let us stay
Old 01-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #972

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron

Without being rude, these guys were neither. This walmart has a service center. this was a change oil at home and were can we get rid of the oil. In my county we have dump sites that take oil along with all other house rubbish.
Almost any place that do oil changes will take the oil, they have regular pickups, this guy was just lazy

Jim
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #973

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I saw a motorhome in the local Wal mart this weekend it had some lights on inside so I guess someone was there. It seems kind of cold for me to park there but maybe they were just late heading south.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #974

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
NOT RVers, went to Walmart yesterday around noon and saw to gentleman pouring 3 galons of used oil down the storm drain grate in the parking lot. They didn't think or know this was wrong when I asked what the hell they were doing. I let the store manager know, he acted like so what.
You should have called 911 and reported illegal dumping. If he got caught, it wold be his last time.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #975

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
You should have called 911 and reported illegal dumping. If he got caught, it wold be his last time.
I agree. Walmarts or any other parking lots, are not the place for dumping anything. RVers should be concerned citizens and if parked in a Wally-World lot . or any other place, should leave the spot in better condition than you found it.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #976

Quote:
ANYTIME we see someone dumping anything in a storm drain or on the side of a road into a ditch, we should be reporting them. Call 911, you do not have to give your name/phone number. Unless they are dumping excess potable water (to prepare for traveling and they can explain that to the cops) they are dumping "waste" which in most cases is illegal. If you see and do nothing then, in my opinion, you are just as guilty as if you had dumped. I get a little tired of the "I saw someone dumping into the storm drain at Wally World" yet they did not call 911 to report an illegal activity. If you want to tell the store manager as well, fine, but you should be calling 911. This is considered an enviromental violation.

Quote:
An environmental violation occurs when an activity or an existing condition does not comply with an environmental law or regulation. Environmental violations can include (but are not limited to):
  • smoke or other emissions from local industrial facilities;
  • tampering with emission control or air conditioning systems in automobiles;
  • improper treatment, storage, or disposal of hazardous wastes;
  • exceedances of pollutant limits at publicly-owned wastewater treatment plants;
  • unpermitted dredging or filling of waters and wetlands;
  • any unpermitted industrial activity; or
  • late-night dumping or any criminal activity including falsifying reports or other documents.
Protect the Environment: Report Spills and Environmental Violations | US EPA
To report oil and chemical spills, call the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #977

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
When I came back out from wasting my time talking to the store manager they were gone. I didn't get there tag #. You could see the oil in the drain as there has been no rain here. Should have called 911, didn't think to.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #978

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This type of thing is NOT for 911!! 911 is for emergencies! Call the cops.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #979

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Now we are getting some fire back into this thread. It was just getting too touchy feely nice and looked like we were going to patty cake our way to 1000. Like they now say in NASCAR "have at em"
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #980

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Closed Thread

Tags
camping