Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #1107

Quote:
Doubt anyone is going to change your mind about leveling but on a hot day, the softened asphalt could deform even with the 16" pads. So the real question, IF that occurred, would you self report to wm and offer to pay for the damage or simply leave?
Dave and Jaime if you pulled into a Walmart on a hot day and your "tires" did damage to the pavement would you self report to wm and offer to pay for the damage or simply leave?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #1108

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some Wallmarts, will ask you to park way off in the "nobody goes there" corner.. I've been to a few where the only real noise I heard after sundown was the beeper on the security wagon as he cruised the lot to make sure I was OK. Most of them I never hear that,

I too will stay at a WM when it's late and I'm tired.. As for saving money.. Well, if I'm parked in a store parking lot I tend to shop and ... Often spend more than if I rented a campsite for the night.

In fact.. One trip I pulled into a truck stop.... Did not like the parking there and noticed a campground a couple hundred yards further on.. Went there, 19 bucks... 19 bucks would not have covered dinner (For 2 with tip) at the truck stop and what's more.. there was this handy, dandy 50 amp hole in the box to plug into.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #1109

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I try to stop overnight at a Walmart every trip I take. even if the trip is only 1 night . If we are going to a location to camp we often stop at walmart to stock up before we get to the campground, if it is afternoon we usually stay at the walmart and then go into the campground in the morning.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #1110

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As with nearly any Generous Offer of Hospitality... there will ALWAYS be those thoughtless, discourteous, mindless morons who take advantage of generosity at every turn.

Have seen RV'ers, or better yet JERKS, (let's call a rose a rose) actually have the Gall to stake down anchors, try and run hoses and elec cables, dump greywater, and in general simply overstay their Welcome at Sam's Clubs and WalMarts all over this country. How very sad for them !

How even sadder for those of us who observe and simply walk on by, afraid to speak or simply too self-important to speak up, point out the faults, take pictures and actions, become involved... they are just as guilty, just as "at fault" as the JERKS they tolerate. Speak to the offending RV Owner, if they are non interested, go and talk to the store manager, offer to corroborate the Manager's complaints, talk to the police... do something positive !

If we allow those few JERKS to cause us all to lose yet another convenient Host or organization that welcomes us then we deserve to suffer the loss.

I, for one, will be there knocking and becoming involved, be it a WalMart, State Park, Campground, or even a Rest Area... Hope you all would join me. In numbers we have a chance... as individuals we will only be one voice !
Old 03-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #1111

Newmar Owners Club
I don't think anyone should have to justify why they stay at Wal-Mart or how much they spend while there. They permit RV parking at most of their stores and as long as permission is given and we park where designated that should be the end of it. The problem is how we conduct ourselves while there, if we act like guests there should be no problem.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRoadie View Post
. Speak to the offending RV Owner, if they are non interested, go and talk to the store manager, offer to corroborate the Manager's complaints, talk to the police... do something positive !

I, for one, will be there knocking and becoming involved, be it a WalMart, State Park, Campground, or even a Rest Area... Hope you all would join me. In numbers we have a chance... as individuals we will only be one voice !

In this day and age you better make sure your health insurance is paid up. There are some first class nuts out there. It would be better to get a third party involved such as store manager or police. That way you may avoid a punch in the face or worse.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #1113

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am sorry but I don't feel any duty, obligation or desire to police the actions of RV'ers in Wal-Mart parking lots. If Wal-Mart has a problem, let them take action.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #1114

MegaRoadie - you are a better man than I. Having been a cop for fives years in a previous life I have seen enough of what people do when touched off without 'normal' provocation. I applaud your willingness to do it.

It is a shame that the world today responds to the few that spoil it for the masses.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #1115

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Slides necessary

Some people have to extend their slides to make their unit functional.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #1116

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
gpearston: Why ya quit after 5 years ??? Was Navy Spec Ops for few years (21) and it took me that long to realize we are all in this together. Those that sit idly by and allow the creeps to rule them kinda make me ill when I think of what I have given to try and keep them free, but then there sometimes are no clues to complacency and pacifism. I try and ALWAYS REMEMBER: Freedom is not/was not free, ask any vet and they will remind you of that !!!
DW absolutes hates that I chose to be "involved" with those "lesser" of humans that habitualy ruin everything around them, I simply cannot, will not, and don't even want to sit by and watch as others tramp all over the masses. I spent too much of my humble life to just sit and watch these creeps. There have been times I have gotten a verbal lashing, but I can give as well as I get, there have been times I have gotten a punch in the face, ditto the previous followon..., as I age I often find myself questioning why I get involved... but that lil left shoulder devil prods me and says 'get in there and make a difference', and I do. I heal rather quickly, even for a senior citizen, and maybe the nexttime ya see someone out there standing up for your rights ya might even pitch-in and support the cause !!!

I have eternal hope and optimism there are more good folks than jerks... especially amongst fellow RV'ers. I hope to begin to mellow as I age so ungracefully, maybe the Social Security checks will contain a "Special Potient",,, be my luck it will be some of that olde "Love Potient #9", but then I could make more love and less war like sooooo many of my fellow 60's brethren preach.

May we all drive 45ft Prevosts, stay at 150.00/night luxury RV Parks, drink only California Cabernet and send letters of gratitude to brother Bernie Madoff in his rundown prison cell.

I for one would be happy overnighting in WallyWorld's parking lot, driving the winnie to torture the kids at random, fishing small trout streams wherever I find em, chasing the wife in a small camper, and occasionally harassing the creeps who tramp all over hospitality like them owned it all. Join me every now and then, ask those that offend to "do the right thing" it may shock ya how many actually will try, even if they fail. Honestly so very few become violent, but ya can leave those to me... lol
Old 03-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #1117

If I see someone camped out in the corner (Walmart parking lot) in some shabby looking camper with awnings out, barbecue, chairs etc, I just figure this people are down and out and trying to survive in tough times. No sweat of my nose. I'm willing to risk losing my privilege to park at Walmart so these people can survive. Small sacrifice.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #1118

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Wow! This thread is up to $23.48 worth of 0.02 cents! Awesome!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #1119
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_D View Post
Wow! This thread is up to $23.48 worth of 0.02 cents! Awesome!
At current OH gas prices, that'll get ya about 5 gallons of diesel & about 7 gallons of regular.

Lori-
Old 03-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #1120

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
MergaRoadie
I applaude your commitment and understand whear you are coming from. I also can't stand to see the morons of this world screwing it up for the rest of us. I would not be able to live with myself if I were to do nothing. Thats just the way I am. It's the guilt of not standing up for right that motivates me. I would be upset with myself for days if I did nothing. It's much easier for me to do something or help in a situation than to suffer the remorse for not acting afterward. I alwys size up the situation to make sure I am not getting in over my head before acting, I'm not a fool. I feel that just because one person acts and one doesen't, that is just the way we are wired and really have no control over it. It doesn't make one better than another. It's just the way it is.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping