Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #1233

I live 10 miles from Leesburg and having 200,000 people come in for several days, it puts a huge load on services. Some people make a bundle (mainly outside vendors), but it is just a big hassle for most of us with traffic, crowds everywhere. If Wal-Mart allowed overnight parking, there would be a huge number of folks there. The Wal-Mart in Fruitland Park up the road allows it normally. The same thing happens at the 3 Antique Festivals, Art's Festivals, and Craft Fair. Unfortunately, the number of no park Wal-Marts is increasing quickly due to a small number of campers abusing the system as has been said before in this thread.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #1234

Quote:
Unfortunately, the number of no park Wal-Marts is increasing quickly due to a small number of campers abusing the system as has been said before in this thread.
More likely due to campground owners losing business but they would love for us to believe that the bans are due to abuse. Why is it that no one seems to see the abuse first hand.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #1235

Parked at the Super wally world in Aberdeen South Dakota on Friday night. When I asked permission I also asked if it was alright to put out the slides and jacks. The assistant manager said sure and told me where to park.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #1236

My favorite WalMart is still the one in Elko, Nv. There is a sign at the bottom of the hill welcoming RVs and where to park. You park with a wonderful view of the valley.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Old 04-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #1237

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
More likely due to campground owners losing business but they would love for us to believe that the bans are due to abuse. Why is it that no one seems to see the abuse first hand.

There are a couple of recent accounts of abuse on the yahoo groups, and I belive, here... by a Monaco owner
Old 04-11-2011, 04:25 AM   #1238

Freightliner Owners Club
It didn't say you couldn't over night SHOP!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #1239

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

and where might we see campground owners changing Walmart parking policy firsthand? All the reasons seem to be secondhand.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #1240

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Z View Post
and where might we see campground owners changing Walmart parking policy firsthand? All the reasons seem to be secondhand.

Lake City,Fl search IRV2 and google internet for the articles.
2015 GMC Seirra
Old 04-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
I live 10 miles from Leesburg and having 200,000 people come in for several days, it puts a huge load on services. Some people make a bundle (mainly outside vendors), but it is just a big hassle for most of us with traffic, crowds everywhere. If Wal-Mart allowed overnight parking, there would be a huge number of folks there. The Wal-Mart in Fruitland Park up the road allows it normally. The same thing happens at the 3 Antique Festivals, Art's Festivals, and Craft Fair. Unfortunately, the number of no park Wal-Marts is increasing quickly due to a small number of campers abusing the system as has been said before in this thread.
I can understand that. I stayed at the holiday RV resort off 33 which was fantastic. What I did see was RV's parked on the side of the roads, in other parking lots and one field off 44 was filled with RV's and it had many no trespassing signs on it.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #1242

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just got off the phone with Woodstock, VA Walmart (asking if they allow overnight parking). Yes, but the person did say that he's seen people camping out there - sometimes 2-3 of them together, tables and everything. I will try to take a picture when I'm at a walmart, if I do see that happening.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #1243

Quote:
I will try to take a picture when I'm at a Wilmar, if I do see that happening.
Pictures are worth a thousand words.... good luck..

Quote:
and where might we see campground owners changing Wilmar parking policy firsthand? All the reasons seem to be secondhand.
Not Walmart policy >>>> city policy... isn't this more obvious a reason then all these abuse stories we here but never see. When ever I pull into a Walmart late I see a few Rvs parked in the rear of the parking lot , some with slides out, most likely catching a few winks. No abuse.... nothing I have noticed anyways. Point I'm making is that I'm sure there are some that take advantage but not enough to become a problem that would warrant a no parking policy. Don't believe everything you hear..... hey maybe most stories you hear are fabricated by camp ground owners
Old 04-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #1244
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Don't believe everything you hear..... hey maybe most stories you hear are fabricated by camp ground owners
Yes, I've seen the same RVs parked for days at a Wal-Mart with awnings and slides out and jacks down, complete with lawn chairs and folding tables under the awnings. No, I'm not a campground owner.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #1245

Ford Super Duty Owner
i am post1245
i park at walmarts ,ask first,and like all aspects of my life
i respect where i am , other people should do the same but i not the nice police
those who offend us by their actions dont care that they are defensive do i beleive that campground owner effect legislation you bet they do our politcal leaders pick the winners in many industries but i beleive walmart is a winner in spite people who think they know better than me what is good for me
my complaints come to you courtesy of my colors
RED WHITE AND BLUE

brianj
Old 04-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #1246
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
i am post1245
Your veiled profanity aside, apparently poster Monacoach does since he asked the question to which I responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach
Why is it that no one seems to see the abuse first hand?

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
Closed Thread

Tags
camping