Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #1247

Rusty you saw some abusers first hand congrats to you. Are you sure it wasn't a friend of a friend who told you lmao ,,, just kidding. Like I said, there is some abuse out there just not as much as some are lead to believe. How would you feel about these Rvers if they did not have tables and chairs out? Did they leave a mess when they left?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2011, 06:40 AM   #1248

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Your veiled profanity aside, apparently poster Monacoach does since he asked the question to which I responded:

Rusty
rusty an attempt at veiled profanity ya just a little but thats as rude as i am capable of.
have a great day and many good drives
i enjoy Irv2 you mods do a great job
brianj

Old 04-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #1249

This debate could be about anything. Have you ever seen someone take hands full of candy meant for the kids in a waiting room? I have. You know it's not right but they don't seem to care or know better. You will have abuse whenever there is the word "free" involved. There are only 3 reasons a Wal-Mart would ban overnight parking.

1- There are local laws forbidding it.

2- The store manager hates RV's

3- The store manager got tired of picking up trash, cleaning up wastes and fixing pot holes in the lot and having RV's parked where they shouldn't be.

Now which 2 do you believe are the most common?

As I posted before my friend who runs the local Wal-Mart told me #3 was his gripe and why he doesn't allow overnight parking.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #1250

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My question is.....Why do the people that complain the most about Wal-Mart not allowing overnight RV parking and the Fee's that they are charged at the BLM primitive camping areas, are the one's that drive the biggest and the most expensive RV's. are the ones that cry the most and loudest.

I drive a Class-C Motor Home, I feel that when I can stay at a Wal Mart for Free it's very much a privilege, I never put out my awning or chairs, and or my Barbecue.

Also I do not complain about paying as much as $7.00 to $17.00 a night for a BLM campsite. Oh I forgot with the golden age/disabled pass it's half price.

No I am not trying to be holly than thou...but I am getting tired of listening to people complain because they can't park some place for free.

Let the flaming begin....Flame on I went to Wal Mart and bought a new fire extinguisher today.
"Semper Fi"
Old 04-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #1251

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
I am getting tired of listening to people complain because they can't park some place for free. Let the flaming begin....Flame on I went to Wal Mart and bought a new fire extinguisher today.

Name:   thumbup1.gif
Views: 320
Size:  770 Bytes
Old 04-13-2011, 07:46 AM   #1252

Winnebago Owners Club
This is an interesting post, lots of different view points;; lets look at this one. A group of people that park/camp at wallmart see a parcel of land A mile or so from walmart;; They do the paper work buy it and develop a nice camp ground, Look at the coaches parked at wallmart and set there price, be it high or low. Now with there campground needing busness, the first thing they do is float a potition to stop the parking/camping/trash discarding romieos from littering up the buetifull wallmarts parking lot.They will get the neighbor hoohs support, Now it has just happened;; No parking of RV. it there lot; AND FRIENDS wallmart had nothing to do with it;With that I would just like to say; If you park at wallmarts treat it as if it were your property or you are a guest at a friends house. Leave it better then you found it. Your concious will reword you many times over;;WE have had both kinds at our place, and you all know who is invited back.. Life is good. Just to short;
Old 04-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #1253
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't expect anything in life to be given to you and you won't be disappointed.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #1254

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
This is an interesting post, lots of different view points;; lets look at this one. A group of people that park/camp at wallmart see a parcel of land A mile or so from walmart;; They do the paper work buy it and develop a nice camp ground, Look at the coaches parked at wallmart and set there price, be it high or low. Now with there campground needing busness, the first thing they do is float a potition to stop the parking/camping/trash discarding romieos from littering up the buetifull wallmarts parking lot.They will get the neighbor hoohs support, Now it has just happened;; No parking of RV. it there lot; AND FRIENDS wallmart had nothing to do with it;With that I would just like to say; If you park at wallmarts treat it as if it were your property or you are a guest at a friends house. Leave it better then you found it. Your concious will reword you many times over;;WE have had both kinds at our place, and you all know who is invited back.. Life is good. Just to short;
I think if I've bought some property to build a campground, it's my job to make it desirable to folks that like to stay at campgrounds. If I do that, I'm going to have more business than I can handle. As for the folks that don't like to stay at campgrounds, like me, there is Wal-Mart and other similar businesses. In order to take care of that privelage, just use common sense. Other peoples rules are not necessary, just common sense and permission of the manager. Easy! And yes, life is good!!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #1255

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why would someone not want to stay in campgrounds? I understand $ and being tired and need of a place to stop.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #1256

Exactly, money, convienanxe, tired.
If your traveling in either direction on I-55 thru my town when it's getting time to stop for the day, you'll have to go along ways before you'd find a campground.
50 miles south in I-55 is 1 campground in Perryville, 30iles north, than 6 miles west to Fenton are a couple more. 20&30 miles west on hwy 67 & 21 are 2 state parks in bonne terre & Desoto.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #1257

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes I agree, I would do the WM thing there, for a one night stay while traveling yes. But that doesn't mean I don't like to stay in campgrounds.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #1258

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete & Linda View Post
Why would someone not want to stay in campgrounds? I understand $ and being tired and need of a place to stop.
See my answer here....
Walmart's Parking
Old 04-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #1259

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete & Linda View Post
Several reasons, I'm sure. I'll give a few of mine.
1. We live in a forest, so camping in a nicely treed campground is like parking in my driveway.
2. Most campgrounds that I have seen want you to park side-by-side. Not our cup of tea. I don't want to hear someones conversation or TV.
3. Convenience. Wal-Mart's are everywhere, and where they aren't, there is usually some other business that will permit an overnight stay.
4. We tend to travel all day, see the sights, and then just spend the night and move on the next day. We almost never stay in the same place two days in a row.
5. The ability to arrive anytime of the night and not disturb anyone.
6. Freedom. Just freedom. It's why we have a big motorhome with every amenity necessary to sustain ourselves without depending on someones idea of clean water or clean electricity.
7. The price of a nights stay is NOT a factor, but its avoidance is certainly a benefit of the self-contained RV lifestyle.

I hope that helps. With a little time, I could probably come up with a couple dozen more reasons why we prefer parking lots, or pull-outs along side a river, to staying in organized camping areas.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #1260

Newmar Owners Club
WalMart missing an opportunity. They should sell an annual pass, $25.00, allowing one night stays in designated areas, where legally permitted. With the pass, they can provide a booklett/website that lists up to date addresses of participating WalMarts. Information can be provided as to acceptable behavior... ie jacks, slideouts, etc. Let's see, 10,000 rv'ers with a 25.00 pass, $250,000. Now throw in the appreciation and additional spending of the overnighters....

Closed Thread

Tags
camping