Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #1289

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Guess he did find a way to put a poll in the middle of a thread

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #1290

Freightliner Owners Club
I'd say the No's have it and it must stay so lets talk Wal Mart,I go in buy Battery and dont have old one they say bring one back get $9 back get Home i look No Battery charged go back next day show where I owe pay get credit for old Bat and i will stop and rest next time cause it works both ways.Its called respect,I respect them and they respect us so keep it clean!
Keep thios thing going cause if you dont have us who enjoy this post then the forum will go away and there want be a need fror Moderaters! #1290

Old 04-17-2011, 04:19 AM   #1291
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I enjoy reading about this topic as much as the next person but do not enjoy the posts when one member starts up personal innuendos, in-fighting, name calling and such. We all have the right to our own opinion but we do not have the right to publicly bash anyone that opposes it. Keep this topic clean, fun to read, and informative and it can run on forever.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 04-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #1292

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are so many Walmarts having this thread keeps us up on what members find when traveling and posting the newest info. I say YES keep it open, it will die when there is no interest. Good to read both sides of everyone's opinion.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #1293

Wink

We vote NO...keep it open because ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Super Thread.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	9589
Old 04-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #1294

I too enoy reading the thread. It has a lot of usefull info about where you can and can't park at WM locations. Don't close the thread.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #1295

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
Just my 2 cents - leave it open unless it gets political, etc. No one forces me to read the thread. There are several threads I don't read because they do not interest me. People using this are interested in either reading what others have to say or feel a need to add to the comments. Yes, the same arguments for each side, Walmart parkers or non-Walmart parkers or supporters or opposers, keep coming up but that doesn't bother me. Kind of intersting to read the opinions.
Bob
DITTO! Have no idea why I read it every day, but I do. Those that do not want to read it, don't. It's your hand clicking on this thread, tell it it's 'bad' or get it into therapy if it keeps taking you where you don't want to go.....

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
Old 04-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #1296

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
DITTO! Have no idea why I read it every day, but I do. Those that do not want to read it, don't. It's your hand clicking on this thread, tell it it's 'bad' or get it into therapy if it keeps taking you where you don't want to go.....

Sheila
LOL!.. Hmm...
Old 04-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #1297

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
So.. If I had a CG with some pull through spots out front, no water, no elect, fenced and gated, that a RV'r could use for, say $10 for 8-10hrs, would people use it?

Basically a large grass and gravel parking lot, pull up, swipe a card, gate opens, pull through, sleep/eat/etc.. move on.. open 24 hrs. The $10 would pay maintenance and security.

Obviously, using the dump site or showers would be extra..
No, for me it's the convenience. I can drive until I'm tired and just pull into a Walmart. If I'm staying at a campground I'd have to plan my stop and it may not be when I want to. When I want to stop I don't want to hunt for a campground. Walmart's are always close to the highway, easy off, easy on.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #1298

Winnebago Owners Club
I can't beleive what I'm reading, Someone aculley suggested closing this thread down''' It's one of the most Responded thread; Now Tell me again; Just Why do you want the Thread closed.. Is it decause it has the most pertisipation; Or because people Express there opions, Which is what this forum is all about; ;; I have not seen any unsivel or bad posts; So tell me again WHY do YOU think It should be shut down.,, Life is Good when; we tollerate other opions.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #1299

Winnebago Owners Club
Oh just a side note; I drive be Walmart daily And there are always 2to 6 rigs parked there. Now I have no problem with that. We stayed at a campground 2 nights with our 40 footer plus the tow car And paid $48.00 per night; I have no problem with that; If you are Happy at Walmart With Full access Of any Rifraff that may be wondering around( We went through that) At 2;30 in the mourning; That is just fine;; REMEMBER; Wallmart only have security;; NO enforcement Detail They can not stop anyone form breaking into your Motorhome; If you think they can. Buddy you will be in for a big supprise when it happens.. They In most areas are NOT allowed to carry Firearms. Just keep this in mind...
Old 04-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #1300

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
Oh just a side note; I drive be Walmart daily And there are always 2to 6 rigs parked there. Now I have no problem with that. We stayed at a campground 2 nights with our 40 footer plus the tow car And paid $48.00 per night; I have no problem with that; If you are Happy at Walmart With Full access Of any Rifraff that may be wondering around( We went through that) At 2;30 in the mourning; That is just fine;; REMEMBER; Wallmart only have security;; NO enforcement Detail They can not stop anyone form breaking into your Motorhome; If you think they can. Buddy you will be in for a big supprise when it happens.. They In most areas are NOT allowed to carry Firearms. Just keep this in mind...
The same security concerns can be said for many commercial campgrounds. To each their own.

The only place where I feel 100 percent safe in a camping environment is at a military FAMCAMP inside the fence line of a military installation. They have the finest security anywhere, and their security forces know how to use weapons. They also are very selective as to whom gets in the gate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #1301

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
They In most areas are NOT allowed to carry Firearms. Just keep this in mind...
My CHL allows me to carry in all but a couple states.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #1302

haven't stayed over nite yet but have stopped to eat lunch and plan our next move parked at the farthest point away from store because we had the gen set running and did a little shopping while there. we live up here where the main walmart headquarters are and i guarantee if they didn't want rvs parking on their lot they would post signs.
but they are slowly realizing that average people are their bread and butter and they should treat us as so, so unless you make a nuisance out of your self they will leave folks alone.

Tags
camping