Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #1359

Triple E Owners Club

Abbotsford, British Columbia.

(BTW, No Parking signs don't mean much. I see them all over the place at different Walmarts, but people are still allowed to park overnight by management.)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #1360

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
Mythplaced, I don't see a no park sign in the picture. I do see a security cam sign overhead but that isn't a no park sign. Did I miss it somewhere in the picture?
Nope, you didn't miss it....

It is on the other side of the rig...

RIGHT NEXT TO THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW!

REALLY

Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #1361

This may not be what Martha Stewart had in mind...no wait, that was INDOOR LIVING! Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #1362

This is my favorite...Hey, there's no slides, no chairs Camping so hard America! Escondido Walmart Parking Lot Satellite Status. Chillen' at it's Finest! - HVC3 on posterous. http://www.hvc3dream.com

RIP 'Squeaky'
Old 05-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #1363

In Florida City, the entrance to the Florida Keys is a massive Wal-Mart. There use to be dozens of motor homes in the far non used part of the lot. Nearby are two RV parks, pretty dumpy. They complained to the City. Ergo there is now an ordinance no RV parking in Wal-Mart. Florida City is pretty much getto but they now have uppity big time city zoning. So much for progress, more government and less freedoms.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by proline View Post
In Florida City, the entrance to the Florida Keys is a massive Wal-Mart. There use to be dozens of motor homes in the far non used part of the lot. Nearby are two RV parks, pretty dumpy. They complained to the City. Ergo there is now an ordinance no RV parking in Wal-Mart. Florida City is pretty much getto but they now have uppity big time city zoning. So much for progress, more government and less freedoms.
Well DAMN - there goes another USA-American "Entitlement" down the drain...
Old 05-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #1365

Fleetwood Owners Club
There are several stories where local dumpy scumbag RV parks complained to the city about people parking free at Wal*Mart. The city soon added an ordinance prohibiting RV parking at Wal*Mart. I know of one personally that this occurred and the ordinance was overturned by local residents.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #1366

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
.... So much for progress, more government and less freedoms.

While my point might be a bit off topic, because WM is "private property"

But prolines point is the same as the issue of use of public property...The BLM and USFS is closing MILLIONS of acres to recreational use.

While my position might be unpopular, I agree with Woody Guthrie

YouTube - Woody Guthrie-This Land Is Your Land

I thought this land belonged to us the citizens....not an ENTITLEMENT BUT A RIGHT!

YouTube - Johnny Cash sings "This Land Is Your Land"
Old 05-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #1367

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
If that is the Walmart in Homestead, it is beyond ghetto. I pulled in with my Toad to pick up a few things. We were in line to check out and watched as the parents (maybe) were checking out, the little gangbangers were jimmying open the other cash registers AND NOBODY WAS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT !!! Not the other checkers nor what looked to be a manager, no one.
As I'm watching this I'm thinking about my Toad in the parking lot with California tags. I was very glad to get out of that hell hole. Whatever Hurricane it was that went through there a few years ago didn't do a very good job.
Spend the night ?
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #1368

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I thought this land belonged to us the citizens....not an ENTITLEMENT BUT A RIGHT!
End...

The land belongs to the US government who can take it at will anytime they want for whatever they want.

The golden rule.. Whoever has the gold rules.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #1369

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman_777 View Post

The land belongs to the US government who can take it at will anytime they want for whatever they want.

The golden rule.. Whoever has the gold rules.
I gotta ask, is this your position, or are you being facetious?
Old 05-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #1370

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Man oh man...a Wal Mart parking thread heading in to politics. I mean, what more could you ask for?
Old 05-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #1371
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmiles View Post
Man oh man...a Wal Mart parking thread heading in to politics. I mean, what more could you ask for?
It better not. Just the topic of parking at WM is controversial enough.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #1372

My wife and I have traditionally been both opposed and disgusted at those who in past years made roosting at Walmart their days end parking spot of determined choice - we still feel much the same for the most part.

BUT times have changed, along with a rapidly deteriorating economy that in our opinion, has yet to hit bottom. In past times, it appeared to us that those choosing Walmart over traditional RV facilities were doing so primarily out of cheapness - as the old saying goes "an RVer is someone in a quarter-million dollar luxury motorhome looking for a free parking spot" - and while that motivation still applies for many in the RVing ranks, a new economy-based motivation or necessity is gathering speed for many RVers.

In earlier years, many habitually choosing to stay at Walmart HAD decent jobs or accumulated wealth, could easily afford the RV of their choice, and could AFFORD a commercial RV space, if they really wanted one, and the expense of travel - fuels. lodging, etc., was really not a major factor.

MOST of that has now changed - and many folks are now holding ownership of RV's they can barely afford - and also barely afford to use in the travel they were originally intended for.

For those, the several nights they stay in a Walmart parking lot instead of a conventional CG will pay the cost of filling that fuel tank - and on a longer trip, might well make the difference in whether the trip is even possible or not.

Our opinion has to a large degree changed - and while our own travels still involve the overnight stays along our route that provide scenic natural wonders not available on any parking lot, we realize that many don't have or appreciate the same attraction we do to make our own stays a PART of our trip, not just an obstacle to overcome while getting to our final destination.

Peace to all - wherever you roost for the night!

Closed Thread

Tags
camping