Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #3347

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1729816629.png
Views:	278
Size:	496.5 KB
ID:	16169

Well I say if they let this guy overnight at Walmart they shouldn't have an issue with my rig!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #3348

I seen something very simialer to that last year , cept it was an old Gran Marquis
Old 12-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #3349

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowreef View Post
Attachment 16169

Well I say if they let this guy overnight at Walmart they shouldn't have an issue with my rig!

I think the brand on that is Minnie Vinnie
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
Old 12-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #3350

Generator must be bolted to trunk lid, want to watch him try to open the trunk.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #3351

That's probably where the mattress is, so there would be no need to open the trunk.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #3352

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The government spends more like 2.5, and my wife is more like 3.5. Life is good. Why work, when all Wal Marts have ATM machines. Where else can you spend the night for free, plus go inside WM, find trhe ATM, punch a few buttons and it spits out 20s like you wouldn't believe. I don't know why I worked so long. I wish they had invented ATMs long ago. Better than an slot machine. That's where the saying "Winner, winner, chicken dinner" came from. First you hit the WM ATM, then you go buy a fresh broiled chicken and a few sides. Who said there is no such thing as a free lunch?

Getting back on topic, my default dinner at WM is broiled chicken. How often do you buy a chicken when you Wally dock. I'd say on average, every fourth night for us. A chicken lasts two meals and the cat gets the rest. Another great Wally meal is shrimp. A bag of frozen shrimp (defrosted in water while having a cocktail), a baked potato and a vegetable is another culinary delight from Chez Wally. Which brings up another question. Why do they call it cocktail sauce? It tastes terrible in a cocktail. Any other suggestions for quicky Chez Wally meals after a long days drive. I'm about chickened out.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #3353

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
The government spends more like 2.5, and my wife is more like 3.5. Life is good. Why work, when all Wal Marts have ATM machines. Where else can you spend the night for free, plus go inside WM, find trhe ATM, punch a few buttons and it spits out 20s like you wouldn't believe. I don't know why I worked so long. I wish they had invented ATMs long ago. Better than an slot machine. That's where the saying "Winner, winner, chicken dinner" came from. First you hit the WM ATM, then you go buy a fresh broiled chicken and a few sides. Who said there is no such thing as a free lunch?

Getting back on topic, my default dinner at WM is broiled chicken. How often do you buy a chicken when you Wally dock. I'd say on average, every fourth night for us. A chicken lasts two meals and the cat gets the rest. Another great Wally meal is shrimp. A bag of frozen shrimp (defrosted in water while having a cocktail), a baked potato and a vegetable is another culinary delight from Chez Wally. Which brings up another question. Why do they call it cocktail sauce? It tastes terrible in a cocktail. Any other suggestions for quicky Chez Wally meals after a long days drive. I'm about chickened out.
I used to work in Grocery, I avoid those deli roasted chickens, too much salt, preservatives (Sulfates cause my family problems and anything hot from a deli is loaded with them to the gills), and usually been sitting on that hot plate a looooong time.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 12-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #3354

My fav. Wally Cuisine is ham and cheese on a toasted bagel. It's good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Ummmmmmmmmm.

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 12-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #3355

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just left the Bristol, VA WM there are at least 10 RVs there tonight. I am here sans RV or I would be with them!
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
Old 12-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #3356

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We haven't stayed at a Walmart yet either, but having said that I know we will probably this summer. We'll be sure to spend some $ there and keep a low profile as well. Getting hard to find any co. willing to allow this type of thing (.) Everyone worrying about getting sued and for good reason too!Walmart (Make it 8cents)
Old 12-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #3357

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
I used to work in Grocery, I avoid those deli roasted chickens, too much salt, preservatives (Sulfates cause my family problems and anything hot from a deli is loaded with them to the gills), and usually been sitting on that hot plate a looooong time.
I salt salt and at my age, some preservatives are a welcome ingredient.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #3358

My last trip to Arizona I planed the trip 300 miles a day it was a 900 mile trip.
My first night was in Bakersfield at a campground not Walmart, I could put the slides out have a nice dinner little wine watch a little TV and relax, next morning 300 miles stopped at Kingman AZ at a campground not at Walmart.
Next moring drove to final destination campground then went to walmart to shop not to sleep.
I guess what I'm trying to say is plan your trips from what I read on this thread, It seam like people get in there rv and just drive until they get tired.
I have stayed at walmarts a few times because of where we had stored our rv they did not open until 9am so I would get the rv the night before and and stay at Walmart did not get a good night sleep at Walmart with cars going by the trailer all night.
We have moved our RV to a storage where we can pick it up 24/7 so I plan
my trips
Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #3359

Vintage RV Owners Club
When covering distance, that's usually what I do. Drive till I'm too tired to safely drive anymore, then pull off at the first safe spot I can park, take a shower and get some sleep, be it a Wal-Mart, Rest Area, Cracker Barrel, Truck Stop, etc..... Saves me around $30-50 a sleep stop, depending on what campgrounds are charging.

When I need to replenish my water, dump the tanks, do laundry, I'll grab a campground along the way. I save my stay money up for my main destinations. Going to do be doing alot of "free" camping on my big trip next year to save on costs (Due to fuel expense, gotta cut somewhere and on-route campgrounds are the easiest).
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 12-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #3360

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
Generator must be bolted to trunk lid, want to watch him try to open the trunk.
Oh, he can get it open - that's where he stores his extra 20 gallons of glass and his folding toilet.

Tags
camping