Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #3557

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So who defines what a customer is????
Like Dunner said, I am a Mc Donald's customer. Been there done that, keep a McDonald's cup in my car for free refills. Same for Burger King. If a restaurant provides wi-fi, it is a servce they provide for their customers. Like napkins. How many napkins is Ok and how many is stealing? If I leave the restaurant but go back for more napkins, is that stealing but it would been Ok if I had taken more the first time?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #3558

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Whose rules? Not Wal*Marts as we all know they want us there.

Mr.D
See below - taken from Walmart Corporate web site FAQ's - that would be the rules I was referring to. Walmart leaves it up to the individual store managers.

Walmartstores.com: Most Frequently Asked Questions

Q : Can I park my RV at a Walmart store? [Back to top]

A: While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #3559

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
BOEING GUY It has never been said better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #3560

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip0 View Post
Walmart leaves it up to the individual store managers.
And the Corporate Greedy RV parks that badger municipal gov'ts into passing ordinances that prevent RV'er from overnight parking.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #3561

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
And the Corporate Greedy RV parks that badger municipal gov'ts into passing ordinances that prevent RV'er from overnight parking.
There are no RV Parks in the town I live in yet the City Council passed a no overnight parking ordinance a few years ago. Did a Corporate Greedy RV Park in another nearby town get the City Council to pass the ordinance?, no the Public Safety Department requested the ordinance.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #3562

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Sorry you are plain wrong, it is theft of services as the WiFi is provided for CUSTOMERS. If you aren't a customer then your stealing bandwidth. Just as though you ate at a restaurant and left without paying. That's the law.
No...

McDonalds is truly free...
Quote:
"Free" means what it says and no purchase is required, McDonald's told the Dallas Morning News .
McDonald's to Offer Free Wi-Fi Internet Access | PCWorld Business Center

You are assuming that ALL provided wifi is for 'customers only', which is not true. Several places provide 'true free' wi-fi to the public for public use, no strings attached. McDonalds is one..

However, if you use the wifi against the company's 'Terms of Service', ie: 'For paying customers only' or 'No downloading software', then yes, you can be in violation and if asked to stop and dont, can be in trouble.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #3563

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
There are no RV Parks in the town I live in yet the City Council passed a no overnight parking ordinance a few years ago. Did a Corporate Greedy RV Park in another nearby town get the City Council to pass the ordinance?, no the Public Safety Department requested the ordinance.
So, violators generate revenue for the PSD.

Phoenix has a speed limit of 45 MPH. When the same street changes to Glendale, the speed limit drops to 35 MPH in the name of safety. Glendale even said they would start ticketing for 1 MPH over any speed limit in their city. Now, that's greed.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #3564

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My wife buys a Mocha from Starbucks 4 or 5 times a week. Is she only a customer on the days she purchases her Mocha or is she a customer everyday? Can she only use the free WiFi while she is sitting at Starbucks in the drive thru line or can she pickup her Mocha and then sit in the parking lot and use the WiFi while sipping the Mocha? As soon as her Mocha is consumed is she no longer a customer? Inquiring minds want to know!

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #3565

Me thinks it is extended till when she throws the cup away.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #3566

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
My wife buys a Mocha from Starbucks 4 or 5 times a week. Is she only a customer on the days she purchases her Mocha or is she a customer everyday? Can she only use the free WiFi while she is sitting at Starbucks in the drive thru line or can she pickup her Mocha and then sit in the parking lot and use the WiFi while sipping the Mocha? As soon as her Mocha is consumed is she no longer a customer? Inquiring minds want to know!

Easy go into Starbucks sit down and start using the WiFi, If they say its only for customers say I am one I bought a crapochino last week. See what they say.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #3567

And show it in writing that they have to be current customers.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #3568

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
So, violators generate revenue for the PSD.
WalMart allows RV'ers to park overnight. No one has ever been cited or fined for overnight parking as far as I know. There are 2 or 3 RV's there almost everynight.

The Public Safety Department requested the ordinance so they could move the "undesireables" out if needed. Without the ordinance they couldn't prevent people from moving in and living in the Parking lots, at least that is the way it was explained to me. It may not be a perfect solution but it seems to work.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #3569

I wasn't talking about your WM specifically.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #3570
Moderator Emeritus

I just got back from Walmart. Only one 43' DP in the whole parking lot. Must be a slow travel day.

Tags
camping