Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #3781

This thread is obviously enjoyable to many folks and can be dropped by anybody who wishes to. I guess just like some folks don't want us to camp at Wal-Mart, some folks don't want us to have a Wal-Mart camping thread. It is JUST CONVERSATION. Lighten up and let folks enjoy themselves. The forum is getting extra click thrus for the increased ad revenue. I think even the complainers who don't want us to park or enjoy talking about it will miss it. They seem to be frequent posters. If you don't like it, just click on unsubscribe and complain to your friends.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #3782

Heartland RV Club
The first two things I need in the morning are my Cuban coffee and the Walmart thread .
I catch up on the important things like which store has the best chicken ,free coffee ,WiFi ,what kind of chemicals are injected in the above mentioned.

I plan to stay in the Walmart parking lot in Gainesville this weekend ,I hope they have fresh rotisserie chicken.

Wayne
Old 02-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #3783

Lindsay, I should have included that I like to read the good and bad experiences RVers have had at WMs. I don't even mind reading the bashing of those that do, but I can find other entertainment. I was just asking why it is still open if it has "run it's coarse".

Old 02-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #3784
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
This thread is obviously enjoyable to many folks and can be dropped by anybody who wishes to. If you don't like it, just click on unsubscribe and complain to your friends.
I think that just above covers the situation!

Walmart Parking is the topic subject and as in other threads a little leeway may be seen.

If anybodies future replies are AWOL and they were not reasonably related to Walmart Parking please understand they left with the chickens and cows
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #3785
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I think that just above covers the situation!

Walmart Parking is the topic subject and as in other threads a little leeway may be seen.

If anybodies future replies are AWOL and they were not reasonably related to Walmart Parking please understand they left with the chickens and cows
I like that!

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #3786

Monaco Owners Club
That sounds fair enough to me! Let's stick to Walmart!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #3787

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Maybe I'm dense, but I fail to see what harm would be caused by running slides out on the curbside of the rear or side of the lot.
No reason why you can't put out a slide. I do it. I just put out my bedroom slide. Your call. Others may disagree. That is their call.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #3788
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
This is how I interpreted Mr. Wizard's post.

So, why is the "Walmart Parking" thread still open?

I think it should be either closed or limited to Walmarts that do or do not allow overnight parking.
The first couple thousand posts of this thread were pretty close to staying on topic. It is only of late that it has been less beneficial to some members. Some are trying to decide if they should try parking over night at a Walmart and if so, how to do it or where the good and bad Walmarts might be with out having to wade through so much off topic babble. This has been a very popular thread and we have been more than lenient but enough off topic is enough.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #3789
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
One last question, is this the most replies to a thread ever ?
I have been here since the first month of the website getting started and I believe this particular Walmart thread has been the longest and most posted on thread so far.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #3790

The reason for not putting out the slides is to look like you are parking, not camping. Same reason for awnings, chairs, BBQ, ETC. This has been printed many times in the Wal-Mart camping guide.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #3791

Freightliner Owners Club
What was the question about wal mart? Oh yes parking!
Yes I like the parking over night at Cody Wy,other than the Street cleaner trying to run over the RV's,but we choose to stay with Wal Mart 's permission.I also like finding deals like the time I found Plastic 18 qt.totes with clip down Tops for $2 a piece only prob I was in Suv and couldn't have room,for only 35,if I been in RV I could have bought all they had left about 200,now thats a saving, they sale for $5.97 on special now,oh well I should have been at Wal Mart in RV Parking and staying on subject.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #3792

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
The reason for not putting out the slides is to look like you are parking, not camping. Same reason for awnings, chairs, BBQ, ETC. This has been printed many times in the Wal-Mart camping guide.
There's a WM camping guide? Who prints it? Where can I get a copy?

As far as slides, awnings, etc., it seems to me it's an individual choice. When WM management gives permission to park your RV overnight, they expect you to use it like an RV. I always use slides and jacks. I've never been anywhere that heat on the blacktop was an issue. If I ever am in an area like that, I will find a level spot that doesn't require jacks. I personally draw the line at slides and jacks. I don't like to see awnings and chairs out much less a BBQ. If I'm parked at a WM I'm either inside the RV or inside the store, or maybe, walking around with a cup of coffee for a few minutes. But, that's just me, certainly others may feel differently. Common sense always prevails.

Ultimately it's between the individual and Wal-Mart management, no one else.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #3793

There was a guide to camping at Wal-Mart. It might have been put out by Escapees. It lists what is expected and is just common sense. The point running thru it is to look like you are parking, not camping. It was followed pretty well for years, but I have seen more and more abuses as more people get into overnighting at Wal-Mart. Maybe someone will post the link. We followed it to the letter until slides came along. Sometimes now we put out the BR slide over a grassy patch. Jacks down on hot parking lot is a no brainer. As people abuse their hospitality, more and more managers have stopped the practice.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #3794

Don't try overnighting at a Wal-Mart that is in a Mall. We stayed in York PA and got there very late (due to a wheel bearing) and were awaked in the middle of the night by Mall Security. I explained our problem and that we were going to stay at the Fair Grounds, but because of the bearing problem were to late to get into the Fair Grounds. The Guard was nice and said "I guess I can say I didn't see you". I thanked her and said we would be out early in the AM. Other than that we've had very good luck at Wally Worlds, but I agree, putting out the awning and lawn chairs is not Wally Docking. As for slides, yes we'll deploy them is they are over the curbing and not sticking into the parking lot, don't need someone running into a slide. I'll put down the front landing gear to just take a little of the weight off the TV.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
Closed Thread

Tags
camping