Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #3879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Crispy Cream makes good donuts, but they shut down most of the stores. Can't even get them at Kroger's anymore.
Krispy Kreme closed a lot of stores, but they're still around and still making disgustingly delicious donuts...if you like that sort of thing.

The Kroger deal, by the way, was one of the things that really caused them a lot of trouble. People had heard about the donuts, saw them in the stores, convenience stores, etc., bought them, and didn't like them. Once they cool down, donuts go stale very quickly.

I think the nearest one to us is in Arlington, TX. We go over there occasionally for a calorie injection.

I saw a Dunkin Donuts over on the north side of Fort Worth this past weekend. I didn't even know they were in the area. I think of them as a Northeast experience.

Do Walmarts ever carry any brand-name fresh donuts? I think some stores do their own baking...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #3880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We're headed for the Good Sam rally in Phoenix in a few days, will make our first overnight stop in Redding at a WM so maybe I can pick up a new atlas there.
Hi Mr D. I am not sure what atlas you were looking for? But I picked up the 2012 rand mcnally atlas at Hastings store.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #3881

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
I feel that I must confess. We were driving the RV back from a service appointment and stopped at Walmart. We got the chicken, but did not stay the night. What penance is required to square this transgression of the Walmartian rules?
Now you must park in the middle of the lot, put out all slides, awning and patio mat. Get out the lawn chairs and BBQ. Go into the store buy 6 slabs of ribs, 3 quarts of potato salad plus 3 cases of Beer and give free ribs and beer to anybody who gives you the password (It's IRV2, but don't tell anyone)
Oh yes, hang a sign reading Mea Culpa and spend the night. Heck, stay the week. You will be forgiven, especially if you wear a green speedo and dye your hair purple. Good luck
Jim
Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #3882

The only time I bought KK from K they were pretty fresh.

Boeing, you're mean.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #3883
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I hesitated doing this yesterday but now it seems needed;

If I'm not mistaken I think the chickens are chasing the doughnuts down the road so it's doubtful that they the doughnuts should be seen here in the Walmart Parking thread in the future.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #3884

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
There is a WM in Aberdeen, WA that we sometimes stop at if we get a late Friday night start on our way to Ocean Shores. I've seen many RV's parked there overnight. It is a strip mall which usually means you won't be able to overnight, but it doesn't seem to be a problem at this store. When I say we sometimes stop there, I really mean we park at the side of the grocery store in the same parking lot. We get permission from them the same as we do when stopping at WM.

On a recent trip, we were going to pull into the parking lot and try WM as there was only one other RV there at the time. We got into the left turn lane and waited at the red light with everyone else. Well, then the train came. This was a Friday night about 7:00.

The light turned green but we couldn't go because the train tracks are between the road and parking lot. No problem, we can wait. And wait we did. The train moved along, then stopped and backed up. Then moved forward then back again. On and on this went. They were apparently dropping off cargo cars. It lasted about 45 minutes.

There was a steady stream of cars in the lane to our right so we had no choice but to wait. The people in the strip mall had to wait too. There is no other way out but the several driveways across the tracks and onto the highway. It had me wondering what would happen if there was a large fire or other disaster.

So, if you plan on being in the area and want to overnight at Wally's, just be aware, you may not get right in and you may not get right out! This is one instance where WM may not be convenient.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #3885

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hmmm.... Wonder when they built that walmart, I don't recall seeing it the last time I went through aberdeen.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 03-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #3886

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Hmmm.... Wonder when they built that walmart, I don't recall seeing it the last time I went through aberdeen.
Don't know for sure, but I'd say at least 5 years. There is a Staples there and some other shops, as well as the grocery store. The lot is kinda small. I know I jumped a curb trying to manuver through there in the motorhome.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #3887

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Don't know for sure, but I'd say at least 5 years. There is a Staples there and some other shops, as well as the grocery store. The lot is kinda small. I know I jumped a curb trying to manuver through there in the motorhome.
Yeah, that would explain why, I haven't been through aberdeen while paying really any attention since 2004. The last time I drove through with the camper, it was late and I was coming from the 101 vs going to it.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #3888

same here! I agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
If there is room to put my slides out with out taking up any additional parking I use them. I also level (provided it will not damage the deck) and run the generator as needed. I will admit using the awning or grill is a bit overboard.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #3889

Walmart was utilized the last 2 trips to Florida.
I will say that we used some common sense when choosing one. There were a couple that looked "iffy" to me so we passed them up. That's the other benefit of using their lot, there's so many of them that you're only a few minutes from the next one.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #3890

Vintage RV Owners Club
Have I mentioned that the "My DAT Trucker Services" App for Android has a Wal-mart locator service in it, in addition to truck stops and rest areas? .
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #3891

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Well, then the train came. This was a Friday night about 7:00.

The light turned green but we couldn't go because the train tracks are between the road and parking lot. No problem, we can wait. And wait we did. The train moved along, then stopped and backed up. Then moved forward then back again. On and on this went. They were apparently dropping off cargo cars. It lasted about 45 minutes.
When I am switching rail cars, I do my best to not keep crossings blocked any longer than necessary. It's unfortunate, but they seem to always put industries with rail access right near busy railroad crossings. We have a trans-loading company, that forces us to block the only road to a very busy industrial park. We are verbally abused (To put it mildly) and threatened constantly. All we are doing, is our job. By federal law, we can only work 12 hours a day. If we have to clear the crossing after each move, we would run out of time. Not to mention the fact, that with all the rules we are forced to follow, things take three times longer than they need to.

I am sorry, that you were forced to wait 45 minutes. Please understand that the railroad was probably there long before the Wal Mart. Corporate executives tend to use "Corporate sense" instead of common sense, in so many different ways. They probably could have built the store somewhere more accessible, but the profit potential might have been affected by .000000000001%
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #3892

walmarting on the way to Florida

We stopped at the Walmart overnight in Rocky Mt., NC. Looking at the store you have to park to the left. We had a very uneventful stopover would recommend this WM.
Then a night south of Jacksonville in a Walmart. I agree about some being iffy. We passed several up before making the final stop south of Jacksonville. Another uneventful night.
Thanks for all the great tips.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping