Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #4131

I wonder how many CGs and resorts had something to do with the No Overnight RV Parking.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #4132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I admire you for your math skills.
Did you do a head count? Might change the results.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #4133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
If you absolutely have to run your generator all night, park next to an big rig that already has his on or move to a Flying J that has the same or go out in the desert. alone. There is no medical reasons to justify running one all night at a Walmart when there are so many other easy options.
Sorry, there are lots of medical devices that require 110v power. Just because they require the device doesn't mean they shouldn't be welcome in a Walmart parking lot like everyone else.

I do think however everyone should be considerate when they have to run their genny.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #4134

I agree with the need to for 110V, but does it have to be at at Walmart when there are other choices.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #4135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
I agree with the need to for 110V, but does it have to be at at Walmart when there are other choices.
Why not? Perhaps the same person who needs their genny running for a medical device also enjoys walmarts chicken and wants to pick up other items.

Again if they are considerate they will park away from you, if they don't and you don't like it, then move. You don't have an exclusive to a quiet Walmart parking lot.

Seems simple enough to me.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #4136

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBolin View Post
Why not? Perhaps the same person who needs their genny running for a medical device also enjoys walmarts chicken and wants to pick up other items.
What flavor chicken?

Quote:
Again if they are considerate they will park away from you, if they don't and you don't like it, then move. You don't have an exclusive to a quiet Walmart parking lot.
Seems simple enough to me.
Totally agree. What I meant, was if they can't park where they don't annoy someone else, there are other places they can go that won't annoy anyone.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #4137

Like campgrounds that you don't need the genny
and help the economy with paying for a campsite
Old 05-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #4138

Quote:
Sorry, there are lots of medical devices that require 110v power. Just because they require the device doesn't mean they shouldn't be welcome in a Walmart parking lot like everyone else.
I need 110 for my Bi-Pap, but have set things up so I don't need a generator. It is easy and cheaper in the long run. Good battery and inverter works wonders.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #4139

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobriant

I think you're half right. I think he really believed that because his generator noise was well insulated from the interior of his Class C, it was well insulated from the outside as well. It wasn't.

The generator noise was in fact highly obtrusive to 50% of the RVers in this Walmart lot on that particular morning. There were two RVs in the lot: the Class C with the noisy generator, and us.
My apologies, I got it in my head that we were talking about the tc with the little red Honda generator .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 05-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #4140

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards

I need 110 for my Bi-Pap, but have set things up so I don't need a generator. It is easy and cheaper in the long run. Good battery and inverter works wonders.
Lindsay, I'm going to assume your bi-pap doesn't have a heating element in it to vaporize and warm water to be blown into the breathing apparatus, because, I tried fiddling with getting a friends to work off my inverter outlets, but we couldn't get that heat mode thing to switch off and he couldn't use his nicer unit without a 110 feed, fortunately he had brought his older unit along that didn't have the vaporizer in it that we were able to drive off my inverter because otherwise we would have had to run my rather loud generator at night since it was a dry camping trip through the back country of Oregon.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #4141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Ranger
I've stayed at a Walmart only once and, even at that, felt sort of guilty abot being on someone else's property. I'm sure I'll get over that, of course ;-), but that's not my point. The idea of paying back the favor is a very good one. While I was out walking the dog (and picking up after her!) I also picked up four carts that were strewn all over the parking lot, so that's another way we can help keep the Walmart and town folks on our side. I am always stunned by the number of carts left sitting in the parking spots when you could usually reach the cart placement area with 4 beers and a good bladder! Not to mention all the coffee cups and fastfood wrappers. But that may be a rant for another time.
Great idea! Usually when I go to Walmart for shopping (without rv) I take my daughters with me and we collect all the carts in between our car and the cart return. It teaches my girls a little life lesson on giving back a little and makes us all feel just a little better about ourselves. It's the little things that matters....
AF Mike
Old 05-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #4142

Quote:
I'm going to assume your bi-pap doesn't have a heating element in it to vaporize and warm water to be blown into the breathing apparatus,
Yes, my Bi-Pap has a heating element. If I don't use it, I end up with a runny nose the next day. I put water in it daily when we are moving as the water might get into the electronics when driving. It uses a 400 watt inverter as a 200 watt inverter will not work properly. I have gone 3 days without battery charging while boondocking. This includes light usage, but we are very thrifty on electricl usage. I have LED bulbs and the line. We have 2 each 110 amp hour AGM batteries. Setting up to not use a generator can be done. It is also cheaper once it is paid for. Generating electricity with gasoline is hugely ineffecient. AC is really the only reason to run one. Look at Passport America for cheap camp grounds and get a water/power only site.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #4143

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards

Yes, my Bi-Pap has a heating element. If I don't use it, I end up with a runny nose the next day. I put water in it daily when we are moving as the water might get into the electronics when driving. It uses a 400 watt inverter as a 200 watt inverter will not work properly. I have gone 3 days without battery charging while boondocking. This includes light usage, but we are very thrifty on electricl usage. I have LED bulbs and the line. We have 2 each 110 amp hour AGM batteries. Setting up to not use a generator can be done. It is also cheaper once it is paid for. Generating electricity with gasoline is hugely ineffecient. AC is really the only reason to run one. Look at Passport America for cheap camp grounds and get a water/power only site.
Where I travel and camp, there are no campgrounds with those as most blm and usfs campsites are not improved .
Old 05-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #4144

Quote:
Where I travel and camp, there are no campgrounds with those as most blm and usfs campsites are not improved
I thought we were talking Wal-Marts. I would think the best method for running a C-Pap or Bi-Pap in the woods would be to run a small generator to a convential battery charger and charge the battery with it at about 10 amps. My charger will even go to 50 amps, so charging a good AGM battery for multiple nights with a Bi-Pap could be done a whole lots cheaper in just a few hours. The battery chargers on most motor homes are not too swift. Still running a Bi-Pap on gasoline all night is very ineffecient. Make sure your inverter will handle it. My Bi-Pap takes about 240 watts at peak. Any larger watt inverter should not be hooked up to the cig lighter style plugs. I also have a 1500 watt inverter with alligator clips that I can use for running the 100 psi air compressior for tires. I could run the invertor off of it as my batteries are under the entryway stairs.

Tags
camping