Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #4257

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
...BTW, as someone else posted, The Walmart Greeter is no more.
The friendly greeter at my local WM who smiled and welcomed me warmly as I arrived has been replaced by a sour old woman eyeing me and my cart suspiciously as I leave. I have to wonder what is behind this change.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #4258

I hated that they gave up the Wal-Mart greeter. Seemed very friendly and I think they did some useful things like putting an orange dot on my novel to read while my wife shopped. Looks like it would also slow down shoplifting. Wal-Mart studies things in great detail before making decisions, so I assume it was a wise move for them. Many of the greeters were handicapped or very old and not capable of holding other jobs. I'll bet Sam Walton would not be too happy.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #4259
Commercial Member

Quote:
That Lowe's guard I talked to... Well, there is a WM at the opposite end of the shopping center, so I think it would be a non-issue in that lot.
There are too many variables to generalize on this. Sometimes the shopping center sets the policy for the entire parking lot; sometimes the center allows each major store to set the policy for their portion of the lot. And until you ask permission at that Walmart, you don't know what their policy is. Even if there are other RVs parked there, you don't know whether those RVers are responsible & asked permission, or if they just drove in and parked as if they owned the place.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #4260

I guess I should have made it more clear. By non-issue, I meant that if I ever stayed at that WM, I would do so in the WM portion of the lot, as they are open 24/7 and have a roving guard.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #4261
Commercial Member

Quote:
What do they call people who take pictures of Walmartians? I'm asking; I don't know.
I think they're called "photographers."
Old 05-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #4262
Commercial Member

Quote:
I guess I should have made it more clear. By non-issue, I meant that if I ever stayed at that WM, I would do so in the WM portion of the lot, as they are open 24/7 and have a roving guard.
Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood your intent.....
Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #4263

Voyeur comes to mind.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #4264

We stay at Walmart when it's too late to enjoy a campground and we plan on hitting the road early the next day. There is a book of Walmart sights and those that don't allow overnighting. I also have and app All Stays Truck and Travel that lists Walmart's and comments as to whether you can stay or not. Most of the time, we pick up some things at the Walmart and they make way more from our store purchases than the normal rate at an RV part, so I think they come out all right!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #4265

Monaco Owners Club
I was in our local Walmart today, and walking up to the front door the greeter almost backed in to us with a ride on shopping cart. Good thing I can still move quickly. She was on the older side and maybe a little senile as well. So they still have greeters here. Maybe they shouldn't. No Rv's in the parking lot today.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #4266

You know what's crazy is before I started RV'ing I never really noticed RV's parked at Walmart.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #4267

You know, before this thread there probably
wasn't any.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #4268
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCougar View Post
You know, before this thread there probably
wasn't any.
We haven't stayed at WM since this thread was started. We have stayed at WMs for several years before that all over the West and usually wasn't alone.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
Old 05-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #4269
Commercial Member

walmart parking

i have stayed at walmart, flying j, rest areas, welcome centers, small town city parks, police stations, courthouse parking lots. etc. its surprising where you can park if you ask. in 1967, when campgrounds were almost nonexistent, i stayed at many police stations. and roadside parks, just asked the local sheriffs dept. now, i travel almost full time in my job, and use campgrounds when im not traveling between jobs. the key is to ask, you'd be surprised. my only rule is no awnings or chairs and barbeque.
if you need slides out, find a spot by the curb, or out of the way. do not take up close parking space under any conditions.
run generator as needed. the semi truck parked 5 ft away will drown out any noise you make.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #4270

National RV Owners Club
What's this about the Greeters being gone? My Walmart in West Jordan Utah still has them. What I have noticed lately is men at the doors, parking lot and within the store wearing black light weight jackets with Asset Protection written on the back of the jackets.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping