Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #4523

I like it. Wallyworld is one of my favorite campgrounds. We stay for days. Setup the grill, chairs, levelers etc. My kind of place.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #4524

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety View Post
I like it. Wallyworld is one of my favorite campgrounds. We stay for days. Setup the grill, chairs, levelers etc. My kind of place.

Which WM's have you done this at? Do you have some pics to share?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #4525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona
Recently spent some time in Omak, Washington. Spent 3 nights at the Wal-Mart while visiting relatives. We did our usual, pull in, spend the night, leave in the morning and back in the evening. The manager there has no problem with this behavior and it works well for us. We aren't normally there for more than one night, but sometimes taking care of business for an older relative takes longer, as it did this visit.

On our first night, we arrived about midnight. It was still very warm and there was a lot of activity by the RV'ing overnighters. There was one group of trailers, all pulled by black pick up trucks. They had formed a corral right in the middle of a lane of traffic in the lot. Normally I don't care about how people conduct themselves, but thought this unusual enough to take a couple pics. The first in the evening as I was walking back from the store and noticed lots of noise and what seemed like a hundred little kids running around both inside the "corral" and outside of it, and the second the next morning. In the night time pic, you can see my Class A off in the distance in the middle of the pic with the "corral" middle left.
Just thought it was interesting. Mostly I was surprised management would allow them to take over a traffic lane like that.
What a bunch of inconsiderate morons! All we can do my friend is continue to not take advantage of these privileges and steer clear of these folks.
AF Mike
Old 07-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #4526

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Recently spent some time in Omak, Washington. Spent 3 nights at the Wal-Mart while visiting relatives. We did our usual, pull in, spend the night, leave in the morning and back in the evening. The manager there has no problem with this behavior and it works well for us. We aren't normally there for more than one night, but sometimes taking care of business for an older relative takes longer, as it did this visit.

On our first night, we arrived about midnight. It was still very warm and there was a lot of activity by the RV'ing overnighters. There was one group of trailers, all pulled by black pick up trucks. They had formed a corral right in the middle of a lane of traffic in the lot. Normally I don't care about how people conduct themselves, but thought this unusual enough to take a couple pics. The first in the evening as I was walking back from the store and noticed lots of noise and what seemed like a hundred little kids running around both inside the "corral" and outside of it, and the second the next morning. In the night time pic, you can see my Class A off in the distance in the middle of the pic with the "corral" middle left.
Just thought it was interesting. Mostly I was surprised management would allow them to take over a traffic lane like that.
Certainly isn't right, manager should have asked them to move and keep the traffic lane open.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #4527
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post

These are the "entitled ones" who will end up spoiling a good thing for everyone.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #4528

Don't over react guys......... They were parked in the empty section of the parking lot .... it didn't look that bad........ if the manager was ok with it, you don't need to get your nickers in a bunch about it either........... life is to short....
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #4529

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have stopped overnight at the Omak Walmart quite a few times, there are often a large number of units overnighting. I have never seen any parked like that but it is a large lot and it looks like 3 units. I would think that if they left at a reasonable time in the morning they wouldn't be a great inconvenience. Sure they should have have been in a corner but I doubt anyone really complained to the manager.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #4530

Roving Gypsies? Or a band of Mousekeeters going to Disneyland? Oh well---
Old 07-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #4531

Not everyone is a inconsiderate slob. It is entirely possible the group asked permission to do just what they did. I have been to that store several times and it has a huge parking lot that I have never seen any where near full.

Jim
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #4532

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Don't over react guys......... They were parked in the empty section of the parking lot .... it didn't look that bad........ if the manager was ok with it, you don't need to get your nickers in a bunch about it either........... life is to short....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N Deb View Post
I have stopped overnight at the Omak Walmart quite a few times, there are often a large number of units overnighting. I have never seen any parked like that but it is a large lot and it looks like 3 units. I would think that if they left at a reasonable time in the morning they wouldn't be a great inconvenience. Sure they should have have been in a corner but I doubt anyone really complained to the manager.
I am definitely NOT passing judgement with my post. Like I said, we have been here many times. This is a WM thread so I posted some pics. I just had never seen anything like this at this WM or any other we have stayed at. This is a long distance from the store and it is a very large lot. They probably didn't cause anyone any problems. It gave me something to look at for entertainment. They may have been in the way come morning due to that being kind of a busy lane for employees to drive in and park their cars, but there are other lanes around it. This post was simply my way of keeping this thread going because it's the most entertaining thread I've ever read!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #4533

Even if the lot never gets full or if that had permission, they should still be in the back 40 & you can clearly see from the pics that they are not. There are cars parked in the rows on almost all sides of them. And the morning pic doesn't seem like it was taken at sunrise.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #4534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino78 View Post
What a bunch of inconsiderate morons! All we can do my friend is continue to not take advantage of these privileges and steer clear of these folks.
AF Mike

We do that often. Not as many rigs, but 4 or 5 at the time. If they kick us out we re-provision our beverage supply and find another WallyWorld. It's a great place to tailgate. Sometimes the manager(s) ask us to leave and twice mangement has had the audacity to call a cop to enforce their request. No big deal. There are plenty of walmarts. We used to do this at the Pooler, Ga WM until they banned all RV's and put overhead poles up to keep us out. We just moved over to the Home Depot and partied on.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #4535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety View Post
If they kick us out we re-provision our beverage supply and find another WallyWorld.

Sometimes the manager(s) ask us to leave and twice mangement has had the audacity to call a cop to enforce their request.

We used to do this at the Pooler, Ga WM until they banned all RV's and put overhead poles up to keep us out.

Huh, can't imagine why they'd be so impolite............
Old 07-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #4536

This is exactly the kind of selfish attitude that is getting Wal-Mart parking banned for those who follow the rules and are good neighbors. Go to a park. The managers will remember that he had to call the police when somebody else ask him to stay over night. The rules are well published and blatantly ignoring them ruins it for the rest of us.

Tags
camping