Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #4537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety View Post
We do that often. Not as many rigs, but 4 or 5 at the time. If they kick us out we re-provision our beverage supply and find another WallyWorld. It's a great place to tailgate. Sometimes the manager(s) ask us to leave and twice mangement has had the audacity to call a cop to enforce their request. No big deal. There are plenty of walmarts. We used to do this at the Pooler, Ga WM until they banned all RV's and put overhead poles up to keep us out. We just moved over to the Home Depot and partied on.

This has to be a TROLL. I know it takes all kinds but I find it hard to think this RV'r is this stupid/ignorant enough to do this. Would think this is just someone trying to stir the pot. I hear your Mommy calling...............
In Canada, at a small strip mall, after asking and granted a parking OK, the store owner said a large class A was parked at their door. During the third time of asking them to move, she said she was going to call the cops. Only then, did they move. Could be this is our poster?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #4538

Quote:
Originally Posted by southland View Post
This has to be a TROLL. I know it takes all kinds but I find it hard to think this RV'r is this stupid/ignorant enough to do this. Would think this is just someone trying to stir the pot. I hear your Mommy calling...............
In Canada, at a small strip mall, after asking and granted a parking OK, the store owner said a large class A was parked at their door. During the third time of asking them to move, she said she was going to call the cops. Only then, did they move. Could be this is our poster?
Nope, not a troll. Just telling the truth. Notice my join date and my post. I guess I need to not tell the truth on some things.

Sorry I stirred up your WM party. Please accept my humble apology.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #4539

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
We do that often. Not as many rigs, but 4 or 5 at the time. If they kick us out we re-provision our beverage supply and find another WallyWorld. It's a great place to tailgate. Sometimes the manager(s) ask us to leave and twice mangement has had the audacity to call a cop to enforce their request. No big deal. There are plenty of walmarts. We used to do this at the Pooler, Ga WM until they banned all RV's and put overhead poles up to keep us out. We just moved over to the Home Depot and partied on.

Careful ... Sarcasm doesnt do well on this forum
Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #4540
Commercial Member

walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Careful ... Sarcasm doesnt do well on this forum
i was told by a member of the management in batesville arkansas, that "parking is a privilege. we allow overnight rv parking wherever it is not prohibited by local ordinance.
there are a few, that will someday, will cause walmart to prohibit rv parking overnight period." why some feel it is okay to abuse a courtesy, i cant figure. this is the same type of guy that throws pee bottles out his window at rest stops. it doesnt take all kinds. its just that there are all kinds.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #4541
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
i was told by a member of the management in batesville arkansas, that "parking is a privilege. we allow overnight rv parking wherever it is not prohibited by local ordinance.
there are a few, that will someday, will cause walmart to prohibit rv parking overnight period." why some feel it is okay to abuse a courtesy, i cant figure. this is the same type of guy that throws pee bottles out his window at rest stops. it doesnt take all kinds. its just that there are all kinds.
a georgia saying" a mystery of nature is that there are many more horses a--es than there are horses"
another is "it is better to be thought to be stupid, than to open your mouth and confirm it" i could go on, but its no use, people like this will always exist.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #4542

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Still think we have a troll here, but I'll play along. If this is indeed your attitude and standard conduct, maybe you'd care to defend it? You've said it's a great place to tailgate. Now that you know you could be endangering the ability of others to continue to take advantage of WM's generous policy, do you have any thoughts for the future regarding overnighting at WM?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #4543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Still think we have a troll here, but I'll play along. If this is indeed your attitude and standard conduct, maybe you'd care to defend it? You've said it's a great place to tailgate. Now that you know you could be endangering the ability of others to continue to take advantage of WM's generous policy, do you have any thoughts for the future regarding overnighting at WM?

Now you are the troll. I can retract my apology.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #4544
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
At this point in time I will politely point out this is the end of where this topic is heading. The topic will not be close but members may find themselves left out of the discussion.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #4545

Quote:
I am definitely NOT passing judgement with my post. Like I said, we have been here many times. This is a WM thread so I posted some pics. I just had never seen anything like this at this WM or any other we have stayed at. This is a long distance from the store and it is a very large lot. They probably didn't cause anyone any problems. It gave me something to look at for entertainment. They may have been in the way come morning due to that being kind of a busy lane for employees to drive in and park their cars, but there are other lanes around it. This post was simply my way of keeping this thread going because it's the most entertaining thread I've ever read!
I know you weren't passing judegement.... it was the ones in the pot that you stirred.......
Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #4546

By the way it seems if we dont play nice we might not make it to 5000 posts.....

Lets change direction for a bit...... has anyone overnighted at the walmart in Bushnell, Florida I believe exit 344 or maybe 314 there is a campground right next door with wifi that reaches over sometimes.....
Old 07-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #4547

Quote:
there is a campground right next door with wifi that reaches over sometimes.....
That is one reason a good WiFi antenna is a necessity. Frequently in this situation there is a WiFi code for access. With our antenna, we many times find an open WiFi source from a store or individual. WiFi routers usually come with no password and people just don't go through the trouble to set it up. When we had our business, I had a neighbor actually ask me for my password.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #4548

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
That is one reason a good WiFi antenna is a necessity. Frequently in this situation there is a WiFi code for access. With our antenna, we many times find an open WiFi source from a store or individual. WiFi routers usually come with no password and people just don't go through the trouble to set it up. When we had our business, I had a neighbor actually ask me for my password.
I WISH WM would supply WiFi to it's RV'ers! I suppose that is asking a bit much. What do you find to be a good antenna solution? Brand, model, indoor/outdoor, etc. Maybe WM has it in their online store.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #4549

Actually, several year ago there was a lot of talk about a new technology called WiMax that was supposed to go up to 30 miles (60 mile diameter) and the talk was that Wal-Mart was going to be putting a tower on the roof of every store. Over 90% of the people in America live within 30 miles of a Wal-Mart and they would own the market. Nothing ever happened, but it would have been nice. I think cell phone technology will improve and make WiFi obsolete at some point.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #4550

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards
Actually, several year ago there was a lot of talk about a new technology called WiMax that was supposed to go up to 30 miles (60 mile diameter) and the talk was that Wal-Mart was going to be putting a tower on the roof of every store. Over 90% of the people in America live within 30 miles of a Wal-Mart and they would own the market. Nothing ever happened, but it would have been nice. I think cell phone technology will improve and make WiFi obsolete at some point.
WiMax is the name Intel gave to what is simply known as 4G cellular internet.

At the moment there is only one dedicated WiMax service, known as Clear, Verizon 4G Lte is basically the same thing, just under the Verizon banner.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Closed Thread

Tags
camping