Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #5083

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I just love these Wally threads, they make for an interesting internet evening reading.

Wal Mart wants you to blah! Blah! slides jacks blah! blah! etc.
This thread has over 5000 posts of which maybe 100 are on topic. Just an observation not a complaint.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #5084

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
This thread has over 5000 posts of which maybe 100 are on topic. Just an observation not a complaint.
Speaking as somone who has read every one of those posts, I beg to differ with you. While many of the posts have been off topic, the vast majority of those [remaining] have been on topic. Some of them have even been interesting! It is those that bring me back here almost every day.

Drove by the local WM today and the class C that is there more often than not was there again. A little old lady and some teenagers. Often it is parked over on the nursery side of the lot, doors open and people sitting in the front seat. Maybe they are reading, napping or talking. I feel really bad for them and would like to offer some monetary assistance but don't want to embarass them. It really bothers me but I just don't know how to handle it. I was going to leave a cart full of groceries one day but didn't know if they would have the room to store it. So, I mind my own business, at least outwardly.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #5085

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I beg to differ, many have Subway or McD's with tables or booths. I concede the swing sets, but most are chained up so you can't use them. I figured someone would mention CAT scales.
A lot of truck stops don't have CAT scales. Give me a break, do you call McDonald's and Subway a "restaurant"?
Old 09-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #5086

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Speaking as somone who has read every one of those posts, I beg to differ with you. While many of the posts have been off topic, the vast majority of those [remaining] have been on topic. Some of them have even been interesting! It is those that bring me back here almost every day.

Drove by the local WM today and the class C that is there more often than not was there again. A little old lady and some teenagers. Often it is parked over on the nursery side of the lot, doors open and people sitting in the front seat. Maybe they are reading, napping or talking. I feel really bad for them and would like to offer some monetary assistance but don't want to embarass them. It really bothers me but I just don't know how to handle it. I was going to leave a cart full of groceries one day but didn't know if they would have the room to store it. So, I mind my own business, at least outwardly.
Give me that Walmart location again. Do you need a shopping list? Can you recognize my coach by the little picture under my signature or should I post a bigger one?
Old 09-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #5087

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
If Walmart sold diesel, what would distinguish it from a super-sized truck stop?
Several do sell diesel including our local WalMart in Leesburg, FL.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #5088

Quote:
I beg to differ, many have Subway or McD's with tables or booths. I concede the swing sets, but most are chained up so you can't use them. I figured someone would mention CAT scales.
True, most of the swing sets are chained at WM, but if you find a friendly associate in the garden center, they will unlock the swing for you. Just lock it back up before you break camp.
I forgot to add that WM has a toy section that the kids can play in....the truck stops do not.
If you don't want your kids playing in the store, simply buy them what they want and let them play with it at your campsite. You can return everything when you're ready to leave and not be out one cent. WM has a liberal return policy which makes it fun for the kids to camp at their store.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #5089

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I agree with you that this thread has been interesting however it is only alive today because of its expanded discussion of everything Walmart. I scrolled back looking for the last on topic post..... it was number 5054... the last 34 posts have been off topic... again I'm not suggesting we get this back on topic, just adding my 2 cents
and proving to everyone that i have no life now for my next project... scroll through all 5089 posts and categorize em into columns of on topic , expanded topic and off topic .
Old 09-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #5090

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Wonder why Walmart doesn't put in a RV lane in their gas stations. If they did, would they sell diesel also?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
All of the lanes at the North Seattle Sam's Club can accomadate any size RV, but not Diesel.
Quote:
If Walmart sold diesel, what would distinguish it from a super-sized truck stop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
We travel quite often in the SE US where we find several diesel pumps at Walmarts, under the "Murphy" brand. No RV dedicated pumps but we're able to get in/out. Prices are very competitive in their own area. ALL credit card accepted. MOST (if not all) you can get a gas card inside at the courtesy desk for an additional $.03/gallon discount at the pump. Take note though that if to do that you loose the "5%" off the pump price by using your PenFed card 'pay-at-the-pump'.
In 'my view', I'm better off using my PenFed card and get 5% off their already lowest price in the area.
GWinger
Old 09-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #5091

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
I don't know of any Wal-Marts in our area that have a Murphy gas station and don't have diesel. AND it's about 10 cents less than the truck stops, with an additional 10 cents off right now if you buy with a Wal-Mart credit card. But very few are accessible to trucks.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #5092

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrohorse View Post
True, most of the swing sets are chained at WM, but if you find a friendly associate in the garden center, they will unlock the swing for you. Just lock it back up before you break camp.
I forgot to add that WM has a toy section that the kids can play in....the truck stops do not.
If you don't want your kids playing in the store, simply buy them what they want and let them play with it at your campsite. You can return everything when you're ready to leave and not be out one cent. WM has a liberal return policy which makes it fun for the kids to camp at their store.

Also lots of bikes for the kids to try their new tricks on..
Old 09-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #5093

We like to drop the trailer and the kids off at WM, give them a couple bucks for supper and a snack, then Mom and me can head out to the local dance hall for drinks and dance without feeling guilty about leaving the kids home alone.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #5094

It's a sad day when a Walmart security employee gets shot by a shoplifter in the store.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #5095

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nifty View Post
It's a sad day when a Walmart security employee gets shot by a shoplifter in the store.
When & where did this happen?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #5096

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWinger View Post
We travel quite often in the SE US where we find several diesel pumps at Walmarts, under the "Murphy" brand. No RV dedicated pumps but we're able to get in/out. Prices are very competitive in their own area. ALL credit card accepted. MOST (if not all) you can get a gas card inside at the courtesy desk for an additional $.03/gallon discount at the pump. Take note though that if to do that you loose the "5%" off the pump price by using your PenFed card 'pay-at-the-pump'.
In 'my view', I'm better off using my PenFed card and get 5% off their already lowest price in the area.
GWinger
Can I get my 40' plus tow in there without having to unhook the tow?
Closed Thread

Tags
camping