Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #5153

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maine Wally Docking

Can you or Can't you legally overnight at a Walmart or any Commercial parking area, with permission, in the State of Maine.

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #5154

Tiffin Owners Club
Akibase,
It depends on the individual Walmart or commercial parking area. Suggest you do a search of what is in the area you think you'll be stopping in and then contacting the store to ask them.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #5155

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Akibase, Mrblanche responded in post 5135 to your original post. I looked on the app Camp and RV by Allstays and came up with roughly twenty Wal-Marts under the filter Ask to Park.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #5156

"Originally Posted by fleamarketer
You guys do know that eating unpaid for food is STEALING.Right??.

"Look.Walmart is not obligated to do anything for RV's.It takes only one sizable event and corporate tells the store managers no more. Kind of aggravates me that afew puts me in a bad light.

"Then when you guys talk about setting the stores up for free use of their goods to return it. Well,take a serious look in a mirror and reflect.............I sure don't live my life like that...."

PULEEEZ! IT'S NOT STEALING! It's just harmless grazing.

And PULEEEZ, tell me you're playing us with that serious stuff.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #5157

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Humor

1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.

2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #5158

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
It's not funny or humor when your talking about doing things in life that isn't honorable.I see exactly what you guys are talking about all the time with the downfall of values
people seem to think is ok.Now the people that work there bleed when they get cut and hurt just the same as anyone else when their job cuts back hrs or they get laid-off.Personalize it. Then find the humor or something funny in that!!!remember Walmart owes you nothing.
There's nothing funny about people being cut and bleeding.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #5159

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
You guys do know that eating unpaid for food is STEALING.Right??.

Look.Walmart is not obligated to do anything for RV's.It takes only one sizable event and corporate tells the store managers no more. Kind of aggravates me that afew puts me in a bad light.

Then when you guys talk about setting the stores up for free use of their goods to return it. Well,take a serious look in a mirror and reflect.............I sure don't live my life like that...............
Quote:
It's not funny or humor when your talking about doing things in life that isn't honorable.I see exactly what you guys are talking about all the time with the downfall of values
people seem to think is ok.Now the people that work there bleed when they get cut and hurt just the same as anyone else when their job cuts back hrs or they get laid-off.Personalize it. Then find the humor or something funny in that!!!remember Walmart owes you nothing.
Who said anything about stealing??

You buy your food at the Deli and/or McDonalds, grab a fold up chair and head to the TV section where the game is already on.. Where's the stealing?

I also submit that I am creating jobs 'cause now they need to hire at least 2 more employees - a go'fer in a blue shirt to cater to me, and a loss prevention officer (you maybe) to sit behind the cameras
Old 09-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #5160

I can't believe we are even talking about parking in a parking lot after all the yrs spent to re-store a RV and not in a woods in a RV place all good with nature. This thread goes against everything RV'ing is about.A cheap really dumb move to even be in Walmart.

Look,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,one more time.................Walmart owes you nothing.........Wake up!!!. Rving??..............sure.......sure.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #5161

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
I can't believe we are even talking about parking in a parking lot after all the yrs spent to re-store a RV and not in a woods in a RV place all good with nature. This thread goes against everything RV'ing is about.A cheap really dumb move to even be in Walmart.

Look,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,one more time.................Walmart owes you nothing.........Wake up!!!. Rving??..............sure.......sure.
The garden center is really nice this time of year..
Old 09-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #5162

Quote:

Some of the divider islands are all grass and nicely mowed. In fact, the back side of most WM have some kind of natural barrier such as trees or tall shrubs. I've see folks lay down their patio mats on the grass islands and they still had enough grass left to tie out the dog. A lot of campers just don't appreciate all the nature that WM builds into each super center/campground. They money I save by camping at WM instead of a private CG buys me enough beer to supply me, my DW, and a few friends. We're considerate when we camp at WM so that we're always welcomed back.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #5163

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

I assume you're kidding, otherwise they might get the idea you think people stay there overnight to save money!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #5164

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
WHAT IS CAR SURFING?

'Jacob was a great person and had a great sense of humor. No matter the situation, he could make you smile, make you laugh.'
Car surfing is another means of cleansing the gene pool.

I feel sorry for Jacob. I hope he wasn't allowed to breed.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #5165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrohorse View Post
Some of the divider islands are all grass and nicely mowed. In fact, the back side of most WM have some kind of natural barrier such as trees or tall shrubs. I've see folks lay down their patio mats on the grass islands and they still had enough grass left to tie out the dog. A lot of campers just don't appreciate all the nature that WM builds into each super center/campground. They money I save by camping at WM instead of a private CG buys me enough beer to supply me, my DW, and a few friends. We're considerate when we camp at WM so that we're always welcomed back.

I mentioned to the Manager at the Palm Springs W/M that I just loved what they have done with the parking lot!

Now, if I can just get a nice Newmar with graphics like this to park next to me........

Final observation: How is it that someone with the screen name "Fleamarketer" cannot be in love with the idea of low cost or free services?
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 09-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #5166

Don't the mosquitos in the woods have West Nile? .....no thank you.... I'll stay right there in the parking lot. That way if I see mosquitos, which I shouldn't, I could run in and get a fogger.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping