Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #5531
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Lets moderate our selves before its done for us..... lets go back to our corners...... this ends the silly crap for now and Dunner you shouldnt be eating popcorn so early in the morning .

Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully
Yeah, what he said.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #5532

I own a campground about a mile from Wal Mart and it hurts a bit to see the lot full on Saturday morning but they are 100 yards from the e way exit and free. Now when I go by at 5 in the afternoon and there's 3-4 camped in a circle with awnings out (I have Seen this) I hand them a card and tell them were down the road a mile and have a dumpstation and whatever then they whine because it's $10 to dump. Don't worry about my $700 a month water and sewer bill.

I'm done
Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #5533

I don't know about Friendlier depends on the location and Pharmacy. My wife worked 18 years for them but when she got two hearing aids they made life continually so difficult she in the end decided to quit after speaking to the district manager and received no joy. Customers even complained about her being shoved out the door by pressure methods but they won she lost. We don't use Walgreens any longer, use Kroger's now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw1 View Post
Last winter as we were leaving Lake Havasu , We stopped to fill prescriptions . took 7 hours of waiting in lot . Security stopped by to ask if we were having problems . Other than poor service at prescription counter nope !
They do not allow overnight stays there . Suspect it is pressure from RV courts locally .
It was the only Walmart lot that ever questioned our parking . Was from noon till 7 pm getting prescriptions filled . This year we are going to Walgreen , friendlier faster service.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #5534

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
I own a campground about a mile from Wal Mart and it hurts a bit to see the lot full on Saturday morning but they are 100 yards from the e way exit and free. Now when I go by at 5 in the afternoon and there's 3-4 camped in a circle with awnings out (I have Seen this) I hand them a card and tell them were down the road a mile and have a dumpstation and whatever then they whine because it's $10 to dump. Don't worry about my $700 a month water and sewer bill.

I'm done
Are you open year round like Wally's RV Extravaganza or do you close during the winter months? Just wondering.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #5535

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWhoTris View Post
if you had been camping in a walmart parking lot, you could have gone in and bought a new one.
LMAO!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #5536

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:

I'm done
Sounds like you are in a perfect position to use my suggestion in post #5500. ADVERTISE an overnight rate for those that just want a parking place, perhaps with electricity and wifi for the night. A La Carte charge for other services like dump and water and see what happens. On a hot or cold night I'd rather have electricity than my generator, especially if you're only a mile from the exit. You'll still not have the BBQ chicken, but I think you'd still do well, plus I could pick that up on the way. Who knows, if I like your campground I might sign up for another FULL RATE, night.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #5537

Quote:

I'm done

Now wait a minute, Are you saying you pay $700 a month period or is your water metered and you pay per cubic inch and they pro rate your sewerage based on water usage? I would hope that camp ground owners make a few cents a meter of water that would cover both water and sewer usage. If that is not the case that is a bad deal for not only for camp site owners but house hold owners as well. I as a home owner pay per useage.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #5538

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWhoTris View Post
if you had been camping in a walmart parking lot, you could have gone in and bought a new one.
The one I have is a "Like Down" one from Walmart. I also have one in my MH.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #5539

Quote:
Originally Posted by J79Eng

Now wait a minute, Are you saying you pay $700 a month period or is your water metered and you pay per cubic inch and they pro rate your sewerage based on water usage? I would hope that camp ground owners make a few cents a meter of water that would cover both water and sewer usage. If that is not the case that is a bad deal for not only for camp site owners but house hold owners as well. I as a home owner pay per useage.
Round here residents pay per month and businesses pay per usage (forget but one gallon is .01 and the other .015)... so Walmart parking here could not have a dump station as there would be no way to charge for the sewer.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #5540

Almost all rest areas in Kansas have free dump stations and free water year round. That is very handy as we can dump and recharge the water on our way to the next Walmart campground. They say there is a Walmart within 30 minutes of 95% of the us population. This is by design. Ol Sam had a dream, and look what he built.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #5541

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

I'm done
Maybe if you offered what people resting at Wal*Mart wanted it would help? Safe place to park, don't need the hookups and why pay for the amenities we don't want or need? Between our grey and black tanks we have 100 gallons or capacity and our fresh tank holds 105 gallons. We can go a couple weeks on that.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #5542

You may want to go up to the Wal-Mart and talk to the managers or folks at the service desk and tell them you would appreciate any referrals. Sometimes when we stay at Wal-Mart, we might be getting close on water or sewer and try to squeeze in another day of boondocking. Make sure they have your phone number handy. If you can get them to call, you can find out exactly what they need and possibly strike a deal. Can't hurt.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #5543

We pay
Sewer base of $418
Water Base of $249
Add $3 per for water for however how much we use.

Security were good not to mention 16 cameras 24-7 that record EVERYTHING!

Open year round $350 a month full hookup

Nuke workers, Construction, River Dredgers and such welcome not to mention Designers. School teachers full time college students and fruit buyers to name a few.

Did I miss snowbirds and fishermen hunters and artist

We have a varied campground

And lots of overnighters
Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #5544

Nothing against the people that get off the e way and collapse for thr night but Janet (my wife) goes by every morning about 6AM and the fishermen have been staying 3-4 days at a time. Just strange no sitting around the fire at night telling lies. Were $30 a night full hookup $20 wter and electric and about 1/2 mile from the boat launch
Closed Thread

Tags
camping