Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #155
Commercial Member

"charlieman" wrote:

> Most rv parking bans are due to RV Park
> owners objecting to losing revenue

"George Z" replied:

> This would be hard for anyone to authenticate.

It would indeed be very difficult to authenticate. It could be done, by contacting virtually every community in the country that has such a ban, but it would take a tremendous amount of time and effort.

Campground owners, however, do have a vested interested in getting Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" laws passed. One of the national campground owners associations goes to far as to offer campground owners legal advice on this subject. They even provide the text of a "model ordinance" which the campground owners can take to the local city council -- all pre-written and ready to pass.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #156

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Campground owners, however, do have a vested interested in getting Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" laws passed.
Then they should also have a vested interest in creating sites that will handle all size rigs without placing them on top of one another!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #157
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks,

There have been too many posts directed at other members rather than the issue.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but criticizing them for their opinion is not permitted by our rules.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #158

First, the only ISSUE here is one created by you. There is NO issue with parking at Wal-Mart. Either you do or you don't and either of those scenarios is OK.
Second, if it was never your intention to anger anyone, then you should stop criticizing any opinion that differs from yours. Smiley faces don't make harsh words funny so if you didn't mean offend it would be better to leave out the offensive words instead.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #159

Monaco Owners Club
Don't forget to pick up your " I don't park at Walmart sticker" on the way out.

Happy New Year
Old 01-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #160

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but criticizing them for their opinion is not permitted by our rules.
What if the offender criticizes in a carefully worded paragraph which ends with I didn't mean to anger anyone and 2 smiley faces is that ok?

Good job Route 66 have to go shopping now, guess where I'm going.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #161

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You mean like this......
Old 01-05-2010, 03:56 AM   #162

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow. I haven't even taken my motorhome anywhere yet, and I already feel like white trash. Maybe this isn't for me.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #163

Big Dan

Don't despair. Enjoy the RV lifestyle and don't worry about Parking in store lots. There are a mirad of beautiful places to visit and enjoy your MH
Old 01-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #164

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Why doesn't everybody who is complaining about parking at WAL MART find something better todo? It's time for you to grow up and get a life. This is America the great and I think i am old enough to make my own decisions. Enough of this petty bickering. I think this Wal Mart thread should be shut down.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #165

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Why doesn't everybody who is complaining about parking at WAL MART find something better todo? It's time for you to grow up and get a life. This is America the great and I think i am old enough to make my own decisions. Enough of this petty bickering. I think this Wal Mart thread should be shut down.
Unless I'm mistaken there was only one poster who was apposed to our lifestyle and expressed his views in a disrespectful way which kind of turned this thread sour however he announced his departure from the thread so we can move forward now. No need to close a popular thread because of one bad apple. We are currently in Florida for another week or so then have to return to the great white north. On the way home Walmarts will be a strong consideration for stay overs as well as Truck stops and rest areas. Now as far as the Daytona beach area is considered I'm not sure how the majority of rvers would react to the no overnight parking city ordinances but we will make sure that we overnight earlier in a RV friendly city next time before arriving. We will stock up on supplies in the RV friendly city then continue on to our destination.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #166
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Unless I'm mistaken there was only one poster who was apposed to our lifestyle and expressed his views in a disrespectful way which kind of turned this thread sour however he announced his departure from the thread so we can move forward now. No need to close a popular thread because of one bad apple.
Just a quick note here... If you object to the tenor of a post you can always report it by clicking on the little triangle next to the reply. If the entire thread bothers you select the ignore option on the thread tools drop down at the top of the thread.

If you are uncertain about what kind of post might be an issue please check our rules We take the 'be nice' rule especially seriously. That said, there's no reason we can't post opinion without ratcheting up the rancor levels. We don't always agree on things, but if we did the world would a dull place. Discuss, debate, disagree... just be polite.

And just in case you wondered.... I am not a fan of parking at Walmart, but have done it.... it beat the heck out of falling asleep on the road.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Old 01-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #167

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
This is not a bad thread and can help some in planning. I am traveling south later this month to Fort Wilderness. To make the most of both my time and my money I plan on stopping at Wal-Marts or Cracker Barrels both on the way down and back. Quick overnight stays right off my route, no facilities needed and resupply while I'm stopped. When a campground can offer this at a fair rate I will consider staying there. I'm not looking for a free ride but I am not willing to go out of my way and pay for things I do not need. It is about the convenience not the money.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #168

I am about 45 miles from Fort Wilderness right now and it is expected to get down to 24 F tonight. The below freezing is scheduled to continue for 5 days, get better and then come back. I would suggest checking out the weather carefully before setting out. We stay at Wal-Marts on a regular basis, but doing so can be a chore when it is cold. We have done it and used an electric blanket with an inverter and turning on the propane heater for showers. I don’t put a lot of stock in the long range forecasts, but it is forecast to be a very cold winter here (and elsewhere). Be careful.

Tags
camping