Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #589

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I love to go to Canada with our Dynasty, and where nobody needs to worry as guns are not permitted. Well one may have been handy for that elderly couple that are missing and their RV burned up! I guess thats why some choose to carry? Just in case!>>>>allegro5

Unless you are carrying the gun in your hand " loaded," more then likely you will never have a chance to use it in self defence, although it may give you a feeling of security. The only circumstance I can see a gun being of help in an rv is if you hear a criminal trying to break in.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:03 AM   #590

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Sorry, I'm not taking the bait.
Dam
Old 07-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #591

Monaco Owners Club
I have stayed at a Wally a few times! Only when I get carried away enjoying driving the Dynasty and drive to late! One needs to keep in mind its for that sort of a deal! To get away with all you can, will soon enough find bans and that would ne a shame! Opt for a Flying J and that sort of place! Never carry a Gat ,f you have a very tough wife! allegro5
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #592

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
He looks like our dog ( less fur though) and is the reason we have slide outs. Hes a bear rug and takes up alot of floor space. If he woke up he would only lick and intruder.
Hmmm! I wouldn't count on that. Twice mine has decided she didn't like sme people approaching me.
(1) After midnight, (a before bed walk) she was out of sight in the ditch doing what dogs do in the ditch. Three youths were approaching me, I can only assume their intentions were to kick the crap out of me. Without a call or warning she came out of that ditch snarling, and the three made a hasty retreat up the road. Quite out of character for this dog who meets and greets everyone she can.
(2) City of Calgary, 30 year old skateboarder tucked his board under his arm and approached with a big smile, she got in front of me and started snarling. I advised him to back off as she did mean business.

She is between 27 and 28 ins at the shoulder and a bit over 100lb, (males go to 140lb), only a fool would ignore her warning

Cheers
Willey

Yuh say yours has more fur, hmmm maybe you don't have to sweep up the other half off the floor each morning
Old 07-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #593

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
She is between 27 and 28 ins at the shoulder and a bit over 100lb, (males go to 140lb), only a fool would ignore her warning

Cheers
Willey
What breed is she?

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Old 07-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #594

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENSLOWPOKE View Post

Cheers
Willey
What breed is she? [/QUOTE]

A Newfie Newfoundland (dog) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The largest Newfoundland on record weighed 120 kg (260 lbs) and measured over 6 feet from nose to tail

Ours is just a small one I prefer the female, although the males are more aggressive the female is the better protector. I'm 5' 11" and when up on her hind feet with her front paws on my shoulders she can look me in the eyes. (in fact I believe she is looking down at me, intimidating to say the least)

Cheers
Willey
Old 07-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #595

Campgrounds.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #596

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry I got that backwards, ours has less hair ( Lab) still lots to shed.
Hes old so I wont blame him if he doesnt eat any intruders.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #597

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I totally agree with you!!! My husband feels like I am wrong for not wanting to spend the night in a parking lot.. oh well, been wrong before and probably won't be my last
take care !!
There are probably far more unpleasant incidents happen to RV'ers at campgrounds than ever happen at Wal Marts, as I recall from reading posts in the past on various forums. Bet that would make an interesting topic in itself

Cheers
Willey
Old 07-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #598

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
What breed is she?
A Newfie Newfoundland (dog) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The largest Newfoundland on record weighed 120 kg (260 lbs) and measured over 6 feet from nose to tail

Ours is just a small one I prefer the female, although the males are more aggressive the female is the better protector. I'm 5' 11" and when up on her hind feet with her front paws on my shoulders she can look me in the eyes. (in fact I believe she is looking down at me, intimidating to say the least)

Cheers
Willey[/QUOTE]

My mastiff was like that , never bothered anyone except for 2 times and he wouldn't let them out of the car... he didn't trust them and I believed him. He crossed over the 'rainbow bridge', short life span at 9 yrs, but I just got me another one, pup, currently 9 wks of age and over 15 lbs
OOPS, we are on the Walmart thread,,, sorry...

Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #599

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
There are probably far more unpleasant incidents happen to RV'ers at campgrounds than ever happen at Wal Marts, as I recall from reading posts in the past on various forums. Bet that would make an interesting topic in itself

Cheers
Willey
We are new at this so I am sure we will have lots to talk about in the future. He does 'Heavyhaul trucking' so not home much.. but I do take it on short trips.. I actually go down to our closest Walmart to 'shop' just to run it a little rather than let it set up , so I was told this would be a good idea .
take care

Old 07-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #600

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al, Michigan View Post
Campgrounds.
No thanks! never use them myself

Cheers
Willey
Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #601

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

My mastiff was like that , never bothered anyone except for 2 times and he wouldn't let them out of the car... he didn't trust them and I believed him. He crossed over the 'rainbow bridge', short life span at 9 yrs, but I just got me another one, pup, currently 9 wks of age and over 15 lbs
OOPS, we are on the Walmart thread,,, sorry...
Dogs like Wal Mart too! Congrats on the new pup they grow fast takes about 3 years to mature though. Our last protector (Shepherd Husky mix) passed on Feb 2006 and I brought Gabby home to a tongue lashing (for me) mid Apr.
The Newfoundland and the mastiff share many of the same qualities both may have been derived from the Alpine mastiff.

In regard to safety of overnighting at parking lots your "sense of awareness" is is your first line of defense.
Simply put, if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't so get out of there fast to somewhere else. Did that once just outside of Montreal QC, left about 12:30AM to the next Wal Mart on our list with DW haranguing me not to get into an accident because she was in her PJ's.
It was worth it as all 3 of us got a good nights sleep

Cheers
Willey
Old 07-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #602

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Sorry I got that backwards, ours has less hair ( Lab) still lots to shed.
Hes old so I wont blame him if he doesnt eat any intruders.
Ah! the Lab, they are one of the more popular breeds around here. Well now he may give the impression he isn't a protector but if he still has his teeth, most likely being up in years he's saving his strength just in case

Cheers
Willey
Closed Thread

Tags
camping