Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #631

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Or my driveway

Ask me how I know!
Home driveways tend to be much thinner than commercial parking lots. When we lived in SC, I had a Lincoln Town Car that left four nice "dimples" in our driveway one summer. And the kids kickstands on their bikes also left divots in the summer heat (temps were running 95 to 125 that year). Needless to say, I am NOT a fan of asphalt!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #632

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to idenphones
Several weeks ago I posted about meeting a fellow that was parked at the now vacant former Walmart parking lot.

You may remember that his name was Vern and he was VERY good at eating my donuts!!

I just got off the phone with him and he is doing good at the new job and sold his house yesterday so he will be moving to my town now.

He still hasn't signed up on the forum as he said that his daughter was too busy. RIGHT!

He lives a few hundred km or miles from us right now but if his offer is accepted, he expects to move in the next month or so to my town.

It sure did feel good to see the big smile on his face over the phone!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:31 AM   #633
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by idenphones View Post
Several weeks ago I posted about meeting a fellow that was parked at the now vacant former Walmart parking lot.

You may remember that his name was Vern and he was VERY good at eating my donuts!!

I just got off the phone with him and he is doing good at the new job and sold his house yesterday so he will be moving to my town now.

He still hasn't signed up on the forum as he said that his daughter was too busy. RIGHT!

He lives a few hundred km or miles from us right now but if his offer is accepted, he expects to move in the next month or so to my town.

It sure did feel good to see the big smile on his face over the phone!

Great! Keep us posted about Vern, if he doesn't for himself.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 08-23-2010, 05:13 AM   #634

Freightliner Owners Club
Ready to get back on Road so I can stay at Wal Mart!!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #635

Ford Super Duty Owner
i want to give the post a bump
good reading and still waiting for the 1k post
brianj
Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #636

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hmmmm! needs another bump.
Haven't been out on a trip yet this year. Put a lot of time in modifying the sleeping arrangements. Will probably hitting the pavement later next week and check out a Wally or two we haven't been at as of yet. Maybe about a week duration.

Cheers
Willey
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 AM   #637
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I am sure there will be more activity both at Walmart and on this thread as the snowbirds head south this winter!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 08-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #638

Monaco Owners Club
What always makes me wonder, is to see a late model $300K rig, spending the night at Wally! When we have Pass Port America all over the place for even 1/2 price! Its nice to pull into a campground and have the hook ups and see all the RVs! We can understand a Jed Clampet 73 Winnie, but a late model Monaco? Not a thing wrong with it, just kinda funny! allegro5
Old 08-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #639
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro5 View Post
What always makes me wonder, is to see a late model $300K rig, spending the night at Wally! When we have Pass Port America all over the place for even 1/2 price! Its nice to pull into a campground and have the hook ups and see all the RVs! We can understand a Jed Clampet 73 Winnie, but a late model Monaco? Not a thing wrong with it, just kinda funny! allegro5
The big expensive RV doesn't need any hookups etc. Wally World is usually close to the freeway. No small busy streets to navigate, no check in (good idea but not required), easy to get back on the freeway, just to name a few. We don't have a big expensive RV but that is our reasons.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #640

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to idenphones
Maybe the people that have the 300k RV's can no longer afford to feed the coach AND pay for parking.

Or, like me, they park it, go shopping, then sleeping!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #641

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
What always makes me wonder, is to see a late model $300K rig, spending the night at Wally!
Wally docking is not exclusively to save money, there are other reasons such as convenience.
Ok now here is what makes me wonder. Making assumptions of people based on what kind of Rv they are driving such as assuming someone who is driving a less expensive Rv is poor and needs to Wally dock. Not a thing wrong with that just seems funny to me
Old 08-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #642

Sure, I'll add to the post count. I've not spent the night at WallyWorld yet. I guess I would consider it if I was trying to make time and just need a few hours sleep on a day with nice weather. I've certainly stopped at many Wal-Marts. Did a little shopping and may have taken in lunch at an adjacent eatery. The one time I might have considered it, it was too hot out. If you stay in non resort parks it might cost you $25 a night. That's about the same as running the generator for the evening, not accounting for wear and tear. So, for me it's stopping at parks.

Message 641, are we going to hit 1,000 ?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #643

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro5 View Post
good one!

Well there's an old saying that the reason some people are rich is they don't do splurge spending of their money on things they don't need. Maybe that's why you see $300K rigs overnighting at Wally's. Now that you understand why we ("in our Jed Clampet rig") overnight at the Wally's I'll enlighten you with the real reason.
Were saving to buy one of those $300K rigs, of course it'll have to be a new to us one and we probably won't be able to afford staying in one of those upscale amenities for everyone campgrounds and will have to continue using WM's to overnight at.
There now, you don't have to wonder anymore
Cheers
Willey

Quote:
Message 641, are we going to hit 1,000 ?
You bet! we're on the way now
Old 08-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #644

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
To just spend the night when I need no other services I find it easier to pull into a Wal-Mart than hunt down a camp ground. Less than five minutes off the highway and I am set for the night with all the comforts of home and I am on my in the morning, no fuss no muss. It's not about paying for hookups why even hook up if you do not have to. We only hit a campground every three days or so.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping