Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #1303
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
Oh just a side note; I drive be Walmart daily And there are always 2to 6 rigs parked there. Now I have no problem with that. We stayed at a campground 2 nights with our 40 footer plus the tow car And paid $48.00 per night; I have no problem with that; If you are Happy at Walmart With Full access Of any Rifraff that may be wondering around( We went through that) At 2;30 in the mourning; That is just fine;; REMEMBER; Wallmart only have security;; NO enforcement Detail They can not stop anyone form breaking into your Motorhome; If you think they can. Buddy you will be in for a big supprise when it happens.. They In most areas are NOT allowed to carry Firearms. Just keep this in mind...
I don't think I've ever stayed anywhere with the expectation of armed, around the clock security. I don't stay at WMs... in part because of the open access to and location of the parking lots... but I doubt that many folks stay there expecting security to be provided.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #1304

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
A parked in their lot now for 5 days. Is there any time limits?
Ask the manager at the store. Maybe whoever is in the RV is working in the store on a special project.
Quote:
I decided to hook up the toad as the weather was predicted to be bad the next morning
That is why several busy Wal-Marts has stopped overnight parking. Rvers unhooking their toad and driving off and sightseeing in the area all day.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #1305

Thor Owners Club
We went on holiday to Florida and back a couple weeks ago. On the way down, we filled up at Murphy and stayed over night at the Walmart in Richmond, KY. On the return, we filled up at Murphy and stayed over night in Chattanooga, Tn. The Chattanooga stop over was real convenient as it was 1:00 A.M.

I love it. I can fill the rig up, run into the store, get some supplies, and get some sleep. All close to the highway, in numerous towns across this great country.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:37 AM   #1306

Thor Owners Club
I must be way to bored....These questions pop into my head before my first cup of coffee. But when I am on the road, there is not a Walmart at every exit. Don't you have to plan, find one, or know where it is, so you have "planned " your Walmart stop, so to speak. Interesting Peace D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 04-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #1307

Quote:
I must be way to bored....These questions pop into my head before my first cup of coffee. But when I am on the road, there is not a Walmart at every exit. Don't you have to plan, find one, or know where it is, so you have "planned " your Walmart stop, so to speak. Interesting Peace D
Exit guide info websites list all Walmarts and if they allow overnighting. GPS works good to.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:30 AM   #1308
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think one would have to plan whether looking for a Walmart or a campground, and using the GPS for either one. The Next Exit guide provides for both.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:30 AM   #1309

Winnebago Owners Club
Please keep it open, it proves to me everyday that my e mail is working. Wow I wish I had a life!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 AM   #1310

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I can't beleive what I'm reading, Someone aculley suggested closing this thread down'''
If you hadn't noticed, it was a forum moderator that suggested closing it down, it wasn't just anyone.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #1311
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We close threads when too many refuse to stay on topic, refuse to stay within the bounds of our rules or refuse to state their position or opinion without berating or flaming other members with whom they disagree.

Our rules require our members to respectfully disagree.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #1312

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
That is why several busy Wal-Marts has stopped overnight parking. Rvers unhooking their toad and driving off and sightseeing in the area all day.
Reliable cite, please. I've never seen that statistic. It seems if you ask the management and they have no problem with it, you're good to go.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #1313

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
My CHL allows me to carry in all but a couple states.
What CHL do you have that allows you to carry in ALL but a couple of states? Inquiring minds need to know! I going to assume you have a Texas permit, and that permit will only allow you to carry in 33 states (conceal carry that is).....
Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
What CHL do you have that allows you to carry in ALL but a couple of states? Inquiring minds need to know! I going to assume you have a Texas permit, and that permit will only allow you to carry in 33 states (conceal carry that is).....
You are correct.
Let me rephrase that...all but a couple of the states that we normally visit.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #1315
doc

Appalachian Campers
"Our rules require our members to respectfully disagree."

Say Whhaaaatttt? But most of the time I agree!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #1316

Monaco Owners Club
Well, personally I think the thread should flow...I sure wouldn't want to go back to watching Jerry Springer! Not due to the lack of quality in the content, mind you, but because if EVERYONE starts watching him the prices of the products that sponsor the show will go though the roof. Then Wal-Mart will have to go up on their prices and then it just won't be worth a week's stay in their lot. Lesser of two evels... Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
Closed Thread

Tags
camping