Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #1597

A lawyer is a joke!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #1598

Some of you guys would [Moderator Edit] if you were hung with a clean rope!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #1599

Quote:
WELL, as one of those hated and nasty, evil "anti Wal Mart RVers", we have made it our practice to take RESPONSIBILITY for our own travel planning and accommodations,

- so we make sure to plan our route, and make reservations well in advance of long distance travel - especially logical, when Holiday travel is involved, don't you think?

Why on earth would any RVer pay 10's of thousands of $$$$ for an RV - and THEN determinedly REFUSE to plan travels ahead for the relatively FEW paltry dollars a guaranteed resting place at the end of the days travel provides for them and their family?

YEAH, I know - trip planning is ALSO not popular in discussions on this thread's topic...
Ok we are irresponsible, immature, illogical and of course CHEAP.... we get it....
Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #1600

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Idea!
Let's argue about something else!
I'll start this one...

According to ME THE EXPERT, the very best Wal-Mart for overnighting is the one in Wenatchee, Washington because it has a little treed "picnic area" and fabulous views of the Columbia River!

And anybody who says otherwise is just ITCHING FOR A FIGHT

Francesca
No fight here, sounds great.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #1601

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by burfurd View Post
Now if only WalMart would install coin operated electrical outlets, water hookup, and a dump station (fee of course), everything would be fine!
That ought to get the CG owners going.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #1602

That Wenatchee walmart is pretty nice.

We have family in Rock Island ( E of Wenatchee ). We rolled in late one night and stopped at the walmart instead of disturbing them. Perfect use of a walmart if you ask me.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #1603

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray32539 View Post

I'm a mature and responsible RVer. ........If I find that safety and comfort concerns merit my temporary stay at a Walmart, Home Depot, Cracker Barrel, or other dry camping site, that is MY decision, and has no reflection on my maturity, my planning, or my responsibility.

Many of the places I stay, such as military campgrounds, forest service sites, and county parks, do not take reservations, and so your assertion that I would have a guaranteed place to stay is false on its face.

I plan my trips, but even the best laid plans go bad, when tires blow out, engines overheat, family members want to vary the route, or an accident causes a miles long traffic jam. Ever been caught on a 18 mile long bridge between exits and no other way off? I have.

Not all of us can drop $50 a night at a KOA or $100 a night at a coach only resort. Some of us have to watch every penny. If that means taking Walmart up on their offer of hospitality, and in exchange getting needed items for the trip there, or taking Cracker Barrel up on their offer and having a hot breakfast there after a free night in their lot, what concern is it of yours?
Well said!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #1604

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Idea!
Let's argue about something else!
I'll start this one...

According to ME THE EXPERT, the very best Wal-Mart for overnighting is the one in Wenatchee, Washington because it has a little treed "picnic area" and fabulous views of the Columbia River!

And anybody who says otherwise is just ITCHING FOR A FIGHT

Francesca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S. View Post
OK, my turn.
The best one is the one where they have plug ins.....forgot where it was....up north somewhere in Canada..... that's great service!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
That Wenatchee walmart is pretty nice.

We have family in Rock Island ( E of Wenatchee ). We rolled in late one night and stopped at the walmart instead of disturbing them. Perfect use of a walmart if you ask me.
..........TWO votes for Wenatchee!..........

I'm a little worried about that one in Canada with plug-ins...
Just to clarify, Gary:
Are they actually intended for our use, or must we snuggle up to the places where the parking-lot cleaners plug in their leaf-blowers?

Tell the truth, now...

Francesca
Old 06-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #1605

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

Just to clarify, Gary:
Are they actually intended for our use, or must we snuggle up to the places where the parking-lot cleaners plug in their leaf-blowers?

Tell the truth, now...

Francesca
Those are for employees to plug in their "BLOCK HEATERS" during the winter
Old 06-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #1606

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Are you saying that staying next to other RVs in a WalMart parking lot is preferable?

Rick
Never have, never will. We always park just far enough away that generator noise, TV or conversations, cannot be overheard. Once in awhile someone will park next to us. Up come the jacks, in comes the slideout and we move. No problem to us though it's hard to understand why someone would WANT to park next to us or any other large coach. Doesn't everyone want a little privacy?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #1607

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Just to clarify, Gary:

Tell the truth, now...

Francesca
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Those are for employees to plug in their "BLOCK HEATERS" during the winter
a-a-a-a-HA!
Just as I suspected...not that one shouldn't avail oneself of such opportunities as present themselves, but we must limit the competition to those amenities intended for our use...

We must disqualify your nomination...
Wenatchee' s still #1...or should I say WIN-atchee?

Francesca
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #1608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post

Squatting on a chunk of Wal-Mart or similar parking lot blacktop is obviously viewed by most here as a God-given right -
No! It's Wal-Mart given right! And besides, if god didn't want us to camp at walmart, he wouldn't have made the parking lots so big!

H

Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #1609

Quote:
No problem to us though it's hard to understand why someone would WANT to park next to us or any other large coach. Doesn't everyone want a little privacy?
I guess you never heard of the herding instenk.

Its a primel thing that our ansestors used for protection from wild animals.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #1610

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfurd View Post
Now if only WalMart would install coin operated electrical outlets, water hookup, and a dump station (fee of course), everything would be fine!
That is why you can't just rely on a spell checker! It should have been (Free of course). Right?

H

Closed Thread

Tags
camping