Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #1891

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I was told last evening that the local WalMart is charging $10.00 every 24 hours for space in the lot closest to highway 4. The locals have turned it into a "SELL YOUR RV LOT" and it was becoming cumbersome to some. The money collected will be allocated to the "Charities Group" for donation to local charities as needed.

I will go and chat with the store manager and post his/her response about RVs staying overnight. Our local store is closed by 10:00pm every day and it does not carry groceries but it is located beside an Extra Foods store and directly across the street from the local Canadian Tire Store. Just about everything an RVer would want within walking distance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #1892

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Ontario View Post
The major RV groups were asked by their members to put forward a sugested " Code of Ethics" re enroute overnight parking and the statement above was the one part of the code that was adopted. There are other items in the proposal about asking the store manager each time, about not putting your levellers down on asphalt parking lots etc.
Its only a voluntary code, but not one coming from the Campground owners as suggested in previous messages, but from people who actually are RVing.
And there were lots of cases documented on the internet and in National rving magazines in previous years, before this code of ethics was adopted, where people spent their whole vacations in Florida parked at Walmarts, some times for weeks at a time and in a few cases where they just dumped their holding tanks in the parking lot drains?? when they left. The code of ethics was adopted to protect the reputation of all RVers due to the actions of a few.
THIS is just plain ignorance!! No cure for this kind of stupid... People who do this sort of thing certainly are NOT going to even read those "Guidelines" or ANYTHING about etiquette!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #1893

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
THIS is just plain ignorance!! No cure for this kind of stupid...
Yes, there is a cure....

Euthanasia
Old 06-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #1894

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
At the Walmart in Biddeford ME. There are 7 RV's including us and 3 semi's at 600pm.

Btw for those that get their panties in a wad over these sort of things, two have their jacks down and a third has a slide out. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3669394956.png
Views:	143
Size:	880.9 KB
ID:	11744  
Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #1895

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I was told last evening that the local WalMart is charging $10.00 every 24 hours for space in the lot closest to highway 4. The locals have turned it into a "SELL YOUR RV LOT" and it was becoming cumbersome to some. The money collected will be allocated to the "Charities Group" for donation to local charities as needed.

I will go and chat with the store manager and post his/her response about RVs staying overnight. Our local store is closed by 10:00pm every day and it does not carry groceries but it is located beside an Extra Foods store and directly across the street from the local Canadian Tire Store. Just about everything an RVer would want within walking distance.
Just home from talking to the WalMart manager. Neither of these rumours have any truth to them. They will not be allowing parking for RVs of any type next weekend as there is a golden oldies show'n shine going on but other than that one closed weekend the Port Alberni WalMart is available for overnighting.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #1896

Heartland RV Club
12:00 am Thursday night ,somewhere around Newnan Ga. two RV's including me ,no jacks down .I have two slides out on the tree side . Gen set running ,ac chilling. and I have a Hooters next door with WIFI .

and YES I ASKED.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #1897
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyrver View Post
12:00 am Thursday night ,somewhere around Newnan Ga. two RV's including me ,no jacks down .I have two slides out on the tree side . Gen set running ,ac chilling. and I have a Hooters next door with WIFI .

and YES I ASKED.
In that case sit back, relax, and enjoy it!
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 07-01-2011, 04:00 AM   #1898

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall View Post

Btw for those that get their panties in a wad over these sort of things, two have their jacks down and a third has a slide out. LOL
OH NO ! Can the end of the world be far behind ?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:32 AM   #1899

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
OH NO ! Can the end of the world be far behind ?
12-12-12
Old 07-01-2011, 04:32 AM   #1900

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If not Walmart what is your next best parking lot as convenient or not as Walmarts.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #1901

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
If not Walmart what is your next best parking lot as convenient or not as Walmarts.
Sam's
Home Depot
Lowes
Dollar General (out in the sticks)
Pamida
Cracker Barrel
State Information Centers
Old 07-01-2011, 04:56 AM   #1902

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall
At the Walmart in Biddeford ME. There are 7 RV's including us and 3 semi's at 600pm.

There were 11 RV's when we woke at 6. Damn semis running their engines all night drowned out anyone who may have been running their genset. (don't know why you would need it. It was comfortably cool all night.)
Old 07-01-2011, 06:07 AM   #1903
doc

Appalachian Campers
What location is the WalMart store you have seen that has had the most RV's at one time? The most we have ever seen is in Cody, Wyoming in Sept of 2010. There were at least 24 there, all parked in orderly rows. I say 'at least' because there were some coming in and a couple moving out as we drove through looking. This was just after dusk and everything had not settled down. We were staying at an RV park on the other end of town. I have pictures, but it has become too complicated to even try to post them.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall View Post

I have never stayed at Walmart, but don't understand. If there is room and you are parked in a place where the slid outs don't take extra room, what is wrong with putting them out. Our Motorhome is designed that you do not have any room in the bedroom without the slideout extended.
I can see why no jacks, they could damage the pavement.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping