Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #2787

Vintage RV Owners Club
Omak walmart irv2 flash mob rally

WOW!
This is going to be w-a-a-a-a-y bigger than I thought!
I wonder where WALMART's regular shoppers are going to park during this Major Event...
Like it matters!

O.K.!
Let's get down to business:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf View Post
We are really enjoying this thread. New to fulltiming, been to four WM in our first month. We are currently on the East Coast but hoping to get to the WA/OR area in the Spring. Let's plan a rally and all meetup!

NewLeaf
Myra and Leo Rubinstein
2012 Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F250 Pickup
Hi, Myra and Leo

What luck!
Spring starts on November 10th in Omak!
We'll expect to see you at the Rally
Suggestion:
Please take the Northern Route- if you keep a sharp lookout and swerve just in time you've got a good chance of bagging a moose for the BBQ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Before penetrating the asphalt, be sure to call Blue-Stake. Don't want any Jed Klampet type surprises. Oh, and don't forget the city and county permits. The fire Marshall may have to inspect the fire pit, too.
Hi, Dunner

I was hoping you'd be coming a day early to handle all that...though I think The Chef pretty much expresses our sentiments re permits (see below)
How's the Jackrabbit Poaching Project going down there in Phoenix?
Chef One-Nighter would like a general count if possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-nighter View Post
Permits? We don't need no stinking permits.
'Nuff said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navychaps View Post
You can just pick up everything you need at the WalMart then returnit after you use it. It would be a lot easier than bringing everything to the WalMart. Just a thought for the flash mob.
Good idea, Navychaps!
Except for the "returning it" part....
I think our friend Yellowreef addresses that pretty well-see below.
Glad to hear you'll be joining us too!
Will you be bringing the rest of The U.S. Navy?
Do remember that WALMART asked us to give them 24hrs notice if we want the riverside parking lot flooded to draft depth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
Just set everything up in the Garden Center and you don't have to worry about paying for it and returning it.
Hi, Jon and Sue

"Paying for it"?
I see you're new to this...
We'll have a nice long talk when you get to the Rally!
Will you have room to bring enough Georgia Peaches to go around?
Suggestion:
The ever-popular "Georgia Peach Brandy" is awfully convenient to transport...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowreef View Post
Yeah, just dont do that
I couldn't have stated our "Return Policy" better myself, Yellowreef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
And me stuck 2500 miles away in the Mid-West....

Haven't you started yet?
You'll need extra time if you're going to swing by The Stockyards in Chicago and "liberate" a couple of steers for the BBQ.
Get a move on, Bub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Who said WalMart'ers don't know how to live!!!
Not me!
Say, Canadian Member-
How about bringing a couple of Lumberjacks and maybe one or two Mounties with?
That would take care of our Firewood/Security concerns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-nighter View Post
Yes, I think a pit would be just the thing. Not sold on the asphalt. The 18 hour burn time is great but that oily aftertaste really kills the flavor. Surely there're some trees around we could chop down and burn. I'll add a chain saw to my packing list.

Now about the entertainment. I have a friend who is the regional meat manager of a large grocery chain. She is also a first rate meat cutter. I'm thinking she could put on quite the show carving up whatever we find.

Sorry, I'm going to have to nix the mahi. I'm think of more local flavors. We'll keep a sharp eye on the drive over and maybe we can find a nice big elk laying by the side of the road. Yum!

And sorry I don't have any hidden pockets, but I do have some really big purses!
Well, you're the chef, Chef!
But in my opinion, asphalt's "oily aftertaste" doesn't "kill the flavor"- it IS the flavor
I guess Phil will have to bring his backhoe attachment too...We can stack the slabs as they come out and light them off to see by after dark.
I expect you're right about the Mahi- but since folks are volunteering to bring Regional Delicacies from their homeports (see above), let's hang fire on that decision in case some of our Hawaiian members show up with a creelfull!

Per your friend the Performing Butcheress:
I think she'd be a marvelous asset at our little get together!
Note: despite any protests from the boys we may get, do tell her that she needn't work in her bikini top...

Lastly, don't worry about your lack of pockets!
With any luck The Australian Contingent will bring a kangaroo that can come along on your "foraging expeditions" inside WALMART

That's all for now, Folks!
Looking forward to seeing you all in Omak!

Francesca
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #2788

I'll be at the dunes chasin' stick lizards.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #2789

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I'll be at the dunes chasin' stick lizards.
Okay!
I'm adding them to the menu, but I hope you know how to cook them if Chef One Nighter doesn't...

Francesca
Old 10-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #2790

Monaco Owners Club
Canadian, Lumberjack, I are 1 or was 1!!! Lumberjacks and Mounties won't ride in the same car!!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #2791

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Canadian, Lumberjack, I are 1 or was 1!!! Lumberjacks and Mounties won't ride in the same car!!
Okay then-
Just a half dozen or so of these:

I think they'll be security enough!

Francesca
Old 10-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #2792

Stick lizards carry a stick on their back so when the sand gets too hot, they stick it in the ground and climb up it. After you clean them, you use the stick as a skewer and toast them like a marshmallow. It's probably been a long while, but you do remember how to do marshmallows, don't cha...

Old 10-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #2793

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowreef View Post
Went to WM today to prepare for a weekend trip. Was very pleasantly surprised to discover a bonafide Made in the U.S. of A. cast iron skillet, so I bought it. Well I needed it anyways, but the little flag made me happy. Anyways, while I was parking I noticed a vintage class C parking in several spots and keep pulling out and trying some more. I thought to myself, Yup finding a good spot to spend the night. Whats funny is that this store is in a big mall (actually IN the mall not just sharing a parking lot). I have never seen any RVs there since I imagine the mall doesnt allow it, but Im positive this guy was gonna give it a shot!
I've seen 4o foot diesel pushers parked in Walmart lots with their awning opened out and sitting outside in lawn chairs ready to camp out for the week end. How damn cheap is that? These clowns are what gives RV people a bad name. Cheap, cheap, especially with an RV Park 1/2 mile from Walmart.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #2794

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbelpaso View Post
I've seen 4o foot diesel pushers parked in Walmart lots with their awning opened out and sitting outside in lawn chairs ready to camp out for the week end. How damn cheap is that? These clowns are what gives RV people a bad name. Cheap, cheap, especially with an RV Park 1/2 mile from Walmart.
That must have been me in my Prevost! You should have stopped by and said hello. We were going to be roasting marshmallows after dinner.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #2795

Vintage RV Owners Club

I'm having a hard time putting the phrases "40 ft. Diesel Pusher" and "cheapskate" together...
That's a pretty expensive toy for a true skinflint!

Francesca
Old 10-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #2796

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbelpaso View Post
OK........I may be able to top that cheap-cheap story. I have talked with some 45' Prevost folks that brag about staying overnight at the Sam's or Costco parking lot and wake up at the "crack of noon" and have brunch at the free sample section of the meat counter......now that's cheap!!! Lord have mercy.....rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 10-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #2797

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think I have now said it 3 times in this thread: "What business is it of mine where anyone wants to spend the night in their RV?"

If WalMart doesn't care, why should we? Slides out, awnings out, chairs out, etc, it is not my business.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #2798

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If I am going to get the lawn chairs out, the sun had better be shining... And where is this free samples again for lunch, I have been missing out...
Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #2799

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I think I have now said it 3 times in this thread: "What business is it of mine where anyone wants to spend the night in their RV?"

If WalMart doesn't care, why should we? Slides out, awnings out, chairs out, etc, it is not my business.
I am thinking RV'ers are afraid others may abuse this nice perk and Walmart may eventually stop allowing over night stays.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #2800

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
I am thinking RV'ers are afraid others may abuse this nice perk and Walmart may eventually stop allowing over night stays.
Does WalMart consider it abuse? I think too many RV owners want to be the Police of who does what.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping