Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #1

Warning!

Please do not be alarmed...I am merely warning all new RV owners about the Camper World store because it's like walking into "everything you think you need for your RV" heaven. I'm not trying to promote the store, but you can find a lot of good ideas there. I have not found any other stores like this.
I plan on going 'garage sale' shopping over the holiday.
stonecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Well, you got folks attention. As to Camping World, most of the folks here are probably familiar with the store and have feelings, good and bad about the store.

Good luck with your RV search.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum.

I imagine the first time one walks in to Camping World it really does look like everything you would ever need all under one roof. They certainly have a wide assortment of products, RV service, and have expanded into RV sales and nation wide rentals.

While many folks find them a good source for RV products... it's always a good idea to do your homework on a vendor before making a large purchase (like an RV) or when getting service performed on your rig.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
RV Upgrades (IRV2 sponsor) has better prices and very nice folks to deal with. I try not to buy from those CW folks since I had to pay 75 dollars each for windshield wipers.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #5

Lots of solutions looking for a matching problem too.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #6

Usually seeing their higher than anywhere else prices and then having to join to get their supposed discount cures me.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
RV Upgrades (IRV2 sponsor) has better prices and very nice folks to deal with. I try not to buy from those CW folks since I had to pay 75 dollars each for windshield wipers.
Did they force you to buy them or, even after you knew the price you still bought them? A little time spent shopping around could have saved you a bunch.
I ordered ours from a Newmar dealer and they were about half that.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #8

I've gotten a few ideas from Camping World and just ordered a couple of things off the internet from them that I could not get cheaper anywhere else. But, I've also found that the Walmarts out here carry a lot of stuff I've needed for the travel trailer.

Sort of the same story with Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops. The big honking stores are impressive and fun to walk around in, but as always, it pays to shop around.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #9

Warning,that's right.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #10

Really?! There's a store that specializes in camping/RV stuff? What a great idea!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Camping World does have lots of interesting 'stuff.' However, I treat them like KOA...they are the last resort.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #12

I hate Camping World. Every time I walk into that store I come out $400 poorer

Of course, when I'm at home looking at the catalog, I usually find it cheaper on Amazon
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #13

CW is just ok, but lots of cheap-o stuff that doesn't last and they sell it for prem. $$$. Eye candy and that's what they count on. Look on line. Lots of better stuff for less money. Do your homework, unless money is no object. You'd be surprised what you can find on the int. if you just do your research.
RetiredFPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredFPD View Post
CW is just ok, but lots of cheap-o stuff that doesn't last and they sell it for prem. $$$. Eye candy and that's what they count on. Look on line. Lots of better stuff for less money. Do your homework, unless money is no object. You'd be surprised what you can find on the int. if you just do your research.
I recently went to a Camping World to research a part for my oven. I found the staff to not only be helpful in helping me come up with the needed part number, since they did not have the part in stock, the employee told me to do a 'Google' and would likely find the part online at a less expensive price rather than ordering it through them. Thought that was a pretty fair suggestion... -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote