Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #29

There are too many horror stories about CW. I would never let them work on my coach. Sounds to me like you are having to pay for their incompetence. There is a reason for the code. It tells you where to start trouble shooting. You shouldn't have to pay for their training session, and that what is was.
It's a cheap lesson relatively speaking. Move on, and drive by them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2015, 10:17 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had the Norcold recall done at a CW. We started to pull out when the wife said we better test the fridge before we leave. What do you know, it did not work. Ran back inside and they found the tech as he was leaving for the day. He had installed the recall box but did not finish wiring it in. He told me he got side tracked?

Haven't been back to CW since.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I had the Norcold recall done at a CW. We started to pull out when the wife said we better test the fridge before we leave. What do you know, it did not work. Ran back inside and they found the tech as he was leaving for the day. He had installed the recall box but did not finish wiring it in. He told me he got side tracked?

Haven't been back to CW since.
And now, CW of Indy service dept. has a sign saying once you sign the work order as complete, it is completed to your satisfaction.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #32

Aside from being on fire and asking a shop to put it out I go on the net find out generally what is broken, what needs to be fixed, how much does it cost. Then I go to the shop ask if they have xxxx part and we go from there. If the shop is very busy they will tell me they don't have the part or to go elsewhere. If not busy I will get it repaired properly and cheaply.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #33

American Coach Owners Club
When are You going to Learn that Camping World is the absolute worst place to take your Rv- Motor Home or Skate Board to get repairs done ! Just look at all of the complaints - What are You Thinking !
If You buy anything from there at all your just asking for it !
NHRA225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
And now, CW of Indy service dept. has a sign saying once you sign the work order as complete, it is completed to your satisfaction.
So will they go out and show you what they completed and demonstrate correct function without asking before having you sign?

If not may not be legal...
Old 03-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #35

I too get annoyed at how much it costs to have anything done, by anybody. I usually don't get a burr under my saddle for labor costs. The cost of keeping an employee on staff, trained, insurance, medical, overhead to include supervisors, management, and all adds up quickly. I've had some good work done at CW, some redo, but for the most part OK. What gets me going is overpriced parts and this is not just CW.
I agree that the CW tech should have proper training to recognize the code and known what to do. At a minimum the service manager should have made an adjustment.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I purchased my MH from CW and will not be back, Service sucked, The Shop Foreman was the only one who really gave a darn about my problems but he could only do so much without any backing from above..I will not be back, I either do it myself or take it to another dealer close by. They treat me like a customer should be treated, they are up front and tell it like it is.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:17 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
So will they go out and show you what they completed and demonstrate correct function without asking before having you sign?

If not may not be legal...
They didn't for me, I had to personally insure the work was completed to my satisfaction, OR blindly sign it was. Once I understood what the sign actually meant, I perceive it as a good sign. If I had discovered the "finished work" was substandard IMO, I could refuse to sign and require a redo.
It does require personal responsibility from the owner of the RV, which I have learned is a necessity when dealing with any RV repair center.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:09 AM   #38

How amazing is it that they can still be in business when 80% of customers are dissatisfied with work ( or the lack of ) ????
Old 03-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
How amazing is it that they can still be in business when 80% of customers are dissatisfied with work ( or the lack of ) ????
And getting bigger every year......Tom Johnson's RV center was a big one!
Hello there Don!

over 100 locations and growing http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/12/ca...on-dandy-rv-2/
Makes one wonder?????
Old 03-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #40

I would suggest that one ask for a proof of work done tour anywhere that type of sign is posted.

There are many good service providers as well as others but all can have a bad day and forget something or not understand.

We had a tire on jeep zipper on freeway and the 1993 factory spare was same style and brand as rest.

The tires were old but lots of tread and work order stated that the spare was on the ground and they were to return it.

Got to next stop and noticed shiny rim...shot tire still in spare position so trip back to tire shop...

Having them give the tour insures they hear what you stated and the people performing the work read the instructions correctly as well as doing it to your satisfaction.

The longer the trip to the place the more important the tour is.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #41

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think of CW as a parts store; That's it. Unless I am a serious pinch I would not pay them to work on my coach.

Dan Callahan, North Jersey
2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
Freightliner, Cummins, Allison
It's not the Destination or the Journey
It's the Excursion
Old 03-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #42

Was I overcharged by Camping World ??

Well, folks, I have had great service and fair pricing at CWs that I researched. If you don't know going in (to any service supplier) it is your bad. Sorry!
You may now continue the bash fest.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping