Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
As I stated previously I will NEVER let Camping World touch my coach.

I will buy stuff that is on SALE with my discount membership otherwise their merchandise is way overpriced.

Another couple of aspects that Camping World is good for is discounts at RV Parks if you are a Good Sam member and I use some Camping World locations to stay at for a free overnight and some even have free electric hookups too. Water and dumping are available at their dump station on site.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #44

I went in for them to do a wash and wax and came out missing jewelry worth more then $2000! And nobody gave a damn!

OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Now that's what I call Wash, Dry, Fluff and Fleece.

Bummer!

Should've read the reviews before taking that first step.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 03-08-2015, 08:40 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I only have experience with 1 Camping World Service Center. Denton, TX. Beginning sometime in the early 1990s all the way up to the day we left Dallas heading out full time in November of last year. Never a single issue worth mentioning. I must be the lucky one.

The frys at McDonald's are usually hot and crispy. But now and then they try to slip me some lukewarm, soggy frys. I check them before I drive off and if they don't meet expectations I hand them back - and make them give me what I paid for. Shouldn't be that way, but sometimes it is.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:46 PM   #47

You got to remember ladies and gentleman, you only hear from those disappointed people and except for a few, you never hear the good. I'd like to suggest everyone check the work before you leave ANY repair shop. In my past life I oversaw several construction divisions with over 50 cars and trucks assigned to the team members. I got to hear all of the complaints when “Mr. Goodwrench” (generic for all shops) failed to tighten the oil plug after changing the oil, or forgot to put oil on at all after draining, or left lug bolts loose and a tire fell off once, and plenty of “they left the dip stick lying right on top of the air cleaner” type of problems. I even remember one report of the air cleaner and housing completely missing because the mechanic left for the day before he finished the truck and then forgot about it!

My current coach had all of the receipts from the previous owner. He spent a LOT of money servicing and fixing the coach for the 6 years he owned it. When I got it I found several things that were not done correctly or not done at all, even though he paid for them. Like the air cleaner. The date stamped on it indicated it was an original, or if it was replaced it was 4 years old when they put it in. Oil seals that were invoiced as an $800 repair just 200 miles before I bought the coach were both still leaking badly. Or 3 separate Cummins repair shops that swore they fixed my coach exhaust valve in my last coach, and “had eyes on it verifying it was working” only to find out the plug for the exhaust valve solenoid was never connected never could have worked from the day the coach was built!

My point is, check everything. People do make honest mistakes, and some people are crooks. While not a big fan of Camping World they must be doing something right because they are growing in leaps and bounds.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #48

Was I overcharged by Camping World ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHiker View Post
I went in for them to do a wash and wax and came out missing jewelry worth more then $2000! And nobody gave a damn!

Stuff of value is never left for any scavengers when I have any vehicle serviced. Any tech at any service place can be unscrupulous.
For my coach, I standby during short service events.
Have not had any long events. Then, it would be "trust but verify".

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Now that's what I call Wash, Dry, Fluff and Fleece.

Bummer!

Should've read the reviews before taking that first step.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
That was about 6 years ago and they have never seen another penny from me. I'll go in and look at stuff and then buy from anyone else online.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Go to rv.net and post your experience in the "Tell Marcus" forum. RV. NET is owned and operated by Camping World/Good Sam.
Thanks, I will, but if Marcus is the same Marcus who is the CEO of CW, I doubt it wil matter. I have called CW's CEO twice and left two lengthy constructive criticism messages asking to discuss my issue. No return call from anyone at CW headquarters. In my management career I've found most organizations service quality mirror the personality and ethics of their leadership. My experience and others are simply cases in point. And, as Grandma always warned me... "Beware, Leopards don't change their spots!"
Old 03-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
CW/ripeoff

Wife and I tripped to Charleston, SC in July of last year for son's wedding. Just outside of Charleston our water heater stopped working. Stopped at CW in Charleston and they kept our mh for just under four hrs working on it. When it was done, the tech said that when he finally found the problem, he said he just had to clean off the ignitor. After parking at campground, we found that the water heater still didn't work. Called CW. They said that we had to bring it back to them. I told them that that was not an option and we had paid them over four hundred doolars to fix the water heater and that they needed to come to us. That was not going to happen! We stopped payment on our card! We got back home and took the rv to Tri-Am and they fixed the waterheater in about 30 mins. Stated it needed a new ignitor switch. Cost around 200 dollars. Most of that was labor. To be expected! CW did contact us and stated that they did not understand why we were so upset and didn't want to work with them to resolve this issue!! I kinda let them know!!! No more CW.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:17 PM   #52

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to Camping World!

There are many people who will never let CW touch their RV's.

I am now one of them.

Went in for their free safety inspections. They lied about inspecting the tire pressures and did not inspect the belts because they could not see it. In addition they installed an engine battery for me and tried to charge me for parts they did not use.

Never again!
Old 03-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #53

One false move by one logoed shop and the big broad paint brush gets quickly applied to all with the same logo.
I said before....
I read reviews and do other research before going to any repair shop. Have had great service at SELECTED CW shops and many others.
Choosing wisely has great bennefits.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #54

Doesn't look like isolated incidences or just one CW. If you are looking at the reviews on this forum, why would you chance it? Do a search and you will find many more incidences like those here. After having it washed by them and having jewelry stolen from my bedroom, why would I ever trust them again? Way too many horror stories, but to each their own.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Dave,

The problem is..."How do your choose wisely?" when most people have never been there previously. But they quickly find out that their service SUCKS once they get their RV back.

There have been TOO many people who have had terrible service and I'm sure that they didn't ALL go to the same Camping World.

To each their own but you won't find my coach in ANY Camping World. I would rather end up at a reputable RV shop with higher labor rate and end up with Quality work.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 03-10-2015, 06:50 PM   #56

Richard, I read customer reviews and interview the techs (customers too) at selected shops with good reputations. Even those don't all "make the grade". Time well spent when not near home camp in PA.

Tags
camping