Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: What's your opinion of RV W/D?
I own a W/D and would not be without one! 47 62.67%
I own a W/D but rarely, if ever, use it. 3 4.00%
I don't have a W/D but plan to buy one in the future. 6 8.00%
Don't have one, don't want one! 19 25.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2019, 04:21 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
We have Bosch stack and use it every trip. It is 13 years old and works great. Had a combo in previous coach and did not like it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2019, 04:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Wasn't about to do 'some' laundry then and gone again next day
Come Saturday.....load up ALL the dirty clothes and wash/dry/fold them
2 hours at Laundry Matt and weeks worth of clothing was done.
Return to CG and do other chores/routine maintenance
We do a load or two everyday. Throw it in the washer (takes 11 seconds), spend the day doing what you want, come home and throw it in the dryer (takes another 11 seconds).

I'll never understand how 2-3 hours on Saturday in a crowded dirty coin laundry is better than a few seconds during a commercial on TV every day or two. Not to mention the fact that you have no idea what was in that washer before you threw your towels and such in it. I've seen some really unpleasant things go into a coin operated washer and dryers are even worse.

I'll keep my own washer and dryer for the same reasons that I like my own bed and bathroom.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:52 AM   #17

Our coach came with a stackable W/D. Convenience factor is nice. In our short coach, the extra storage space would have been nice. We can take them or leave them.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:32 AM   #18

should have run two different poles
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #19

We are thinking about adding one to a 34' coach we are considering to buy, but 23 X 23 for the Spledide is a little large for any of the closets. A web search shows half a dozen "portable" washer/dryers that are meant for apartment dwellers or RVs. A couple are as small as 19.5 X 19.5 which would fit quite easily. Does anyone have experience with any of the portables?
We tend to stay at state or national parks, many of which do not have laundries. In addition to the comments mentioned in other posts, the laundromats in towns seem very pricey and not so convenient. We currently save up laundry and stay at a KOA occasionally because they usually have reasonable rates and decent machines.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfoxy View Post
We are thinking about adding one to a 34' coach we are considering to buy, but 23 X 23 for the Spledide is a little large for any of the closets. A web search shows half a dozen "portable" washer/dryers that are meant for apartment dwellers or RVs. A couple are as small as 19.5 X 19.5 which would fit quite easily. Does anyone have experience with any of the portables?
We tend to stay at state or national parks, many of which do not have laundries. In addition to the comments mentioned in other posts, the laundromats in towns seem very pricey and not so convenient. We currently save up laundry and stay at a KOA occasionally because they usually have reasonable rates and decent machines.
Be sure to verify that the dryer side will operate on 120VAC and not require 240VAC like regular residential units.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfoxy View Post
If you stay in public parks... as we did … you won't have electric probably so you won't be able to use the W/D if you had it in your RV.

We full-timed 16 years without them and loved it. We did 2-weeks worth in 2 hours and then we didn't have to think about it for another 2 weeks. Doing little dabs every day would not be our way.

Honestly, we never came across dirty laundramats or washers. I don't know where people get this.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:07 PM   #22

More weight, use more water and electric, more things to break. No thanks - we RV to downsize our possessions. Plus, the wife and I met as Peace Corps volunteers in west Africa - neither of us have a problem doing a load of laundry by hand when we need to. To each their own, but W/D is on the bottom of needs for us when camping.
snakemittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #23

You should wash your clothes somewhere! May as well be in your own washer/dryer.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:47 PM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemittens View Post
More weight, use more water and electric, more things to break. No thanks - we RV to downsize our possessions. Plus, the wife and I met as Peace Corps volunteers in west Africa - neither of us have a problem doing a load of laundry by hand when we need to. To each their own, but W/D is on the bottom of needs for us when camping.
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Old 02-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #25

My previous rv had the prep for the washer, but one was never installed. My new to me one has the combo, but I seldom use it. Unless you are at a full service campground, it uses too much water. The loads are small but they seem to use a lot of water for the size of them. We like to travel a lot. We will go three or four days boondocking, then hit a campground to refill, and drain the rv. We generally just use the rv park laundry so we can get everything done quickly in one evening. I miss the space the washer takes up, and for the amount I use it, am considering taking it out for now. If I stayed for extended periods at full hookup campgrounds, it might be a different story.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:27 AM   #26
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
My previous rv had the prep for the washer, but one was never installed. My new to me one has the combo, but I seldom use it. Unless you are at a full service campground, it uses too much water. The loads are small but they seem to use a lot of water for the size of them. We like to travel a lot. We will go three or four days boondocking, then hit a campground to refill, and drain the rv. We generally just use the rv park laundry so we can get everything done quickly in one evening. I miss the space the washer takes up, and for the amount I use it, am considering taking it out for now. If I stayed for extended periods at full hookup campgrounds, it might be a different story.
Yup, I can see how a W/D might not be a good option when boondocking!