Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #1

Thumbs down Watch Out

Be careful of extended warranty from Wholesale. There are two in our camping group that have had claims turned down stating normal wear. A broken toilet valve not cover with only 1.5 years of of use. Shackles shifted and moving rear spring on RV. Wholesale stated how did it happen , then stated "not covered " Policy states shackles are covered but WHOLESALE states no. Why do we get extended service if they flake out on simple things. What if I waste a motor are they going to state normal wear not covered. Try someone else is what I am thinking.
zrobotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 09:31 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
My experience with Wholesale was exactly the opposite. Has our residential fridge go out on a weekend and couldn't talk to a rep but left a message. Called Sears and set up a repair appointment. Wholesale called me Monday I explained that I had set up a repair on the fridge, they said no problem about not getting prior approval and paid the repair bill no questions asked. IMO Wholesale is a great company to do business with.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the heads up, we all need to spread the word when someone is trying t6o rip us off. I always worry about my extended warranty, since the dealership I bought it from was horrible. I may be facing the same issue in the near future.

Sometimes, it's just time to hire an attorney. Breach of contract comes to mind. Judges and juries hate insurance companies, and insurance companies know it. Ask for legal fees in your suit, as well as cost of repair, loss of use due to unnecessary litigation, punitive damages based on bad faith and undue hardship, etc. Just serving the papers can get these crooks moving.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #4

That is good news that you were taken care of. But two others were not . Based on that they are failing 66 percent of there claims
zrobotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:17 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Tony Mac. IF u bought your warranty from the dealer then I doubt it's thru Wholesale. Everyone knows DON'T buy things like that thru the dealer you end up paying double.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:56 AM   #6

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrobotman View Post
That is good news that you were taken care of. But two others were not . Based on that they are failing 66 percent of there claims
Unless you have access to their claims database, the 66% is from the limited number (3) of claims you have personal knowledge of.

It's clear you have a burr under your saddle with these folks, but companies have begun fighting back against spurious claims/statements. I'd hate to see a fellow camper on the defensive end of litigation, if they decide to all of a sudden decide to focus on you to make an example of.
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
That's the reason I don't go for extended warranties! Too many loopholes they can jump through!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #8

Watch Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrobotman View Post
Be careful of extended warranty from Wholesale. There are two in our camping group that have had claims turned down stating normal wear. A broken toilet valve not cover with only 1.5 years of of use. Shackles shifted and moving rear spring on RV. Wholesale stated how did it happen , then stated "not covered " Policy states shackles are covered but WHOLESALE states no. Why do we get extended service if they flake out on simple things. What if I waste a motor are they going to state normal wear not covered. Try someone else is what I am thinking.

A toilet valve is most likey a "consumable" part that is inexpensive and not in the contract. For me, it is so easy to replace that it would not be worth paying a deductible.
If shackles are truly in the contract, I would call them again for a discussion. But first read the contract very carefully.
My contract indicates what clauses I selected and are specifically in force for coverage like major appliances, chassis and electronics, and each clause details what is covered. If a clause is not selected on the contract, the coverage is not included.
All available clauses are detailed in the contract in the event they are selected.
Best wishes

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:06 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John USA View Post
Unless you have access to their claims database, the 66% is from the limited number (3) of claims you have personal knowledge of.

It's clear you have a burr under your saddle with these folks, but companies have begun fighting back against spurious claims/statements. I'd hate to see a fellow camper on the defensive end of litigation, if they decide to all of a sudden decide to focus on you to make an example of.

I don't think, from what he said, that his experience was "spurious". And it would be hard for a company to sue someone (and win) for relating an experience with a company.

spu·ri·ous
ˈsp(y)o͝orēəs/
adjective
not being what it purports to be; false or fake.
"separating authentic and spurious claims"
synonyms: bogus, fake, false, counterfeit, forged, fraudulent, sham, artificial, imitation, simulated, feigned, deceptive, misleading, specious; More
(of a line of reasoning) apparently but not actually valid.
"this spurious reasoning results in nonsense"
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
I don't think, from what he said, that his experience was "spurious". And it would be hard for a company to sue someone (and win) for relating an experience with a company.

spu·ri·ous
ˈsp(y)o͝orēəs/
adjective
not being what it purports to be; false or fake.
"separating authentic and spurious claims"
synonyms: bogus, fake, false, counterfeit, forged, fraudulent, sham, artificial, imitation, simulated, feigned, deceptive, misleading, specious; More
(of a line of reasoning) apparently but not actually valid.
"this spurious reasoning results in nonsense"
To be totally objective, it wasn't even the OP's personal experience. He's relating the second hand experiences of two other people.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Even if it were true, a sample of 3 events is not a metric worth anything at all.

Raising a complaint based on the experience of others has some "issues". While I wouldn't go so far as saying that anecdotal evidence is worthless, I would say 2nd hand info is often unreliable without context.

WW has provided me OUTSTANDING service for over 3 years and multiple claims.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #12

Just got a quote from Wholes Warr. for 3yr coverage. I have a 2005 Country Coach. Two seperate quotes from them one for over $10,000 and another for over $12,000. Way more than I was thinking!! Am I being realistic?
oberent22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberent22 View Post
Just got a quote from Wholes Warr. for 3yr coverage. I have a 2005 Country Coach. Two seperate quotes from them one for over $10,000 and another for over $12,000. Way more than I was thinking!! Am I being realistic?

Reality is in a detailed listing of what is covered and your deductible. Otherwise there is nothing to compare it to.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

For a coach that is now 12 years old? Probably about what you should expect for excellent coverage. OTOH, high if less than complete coverage.

Wholesale Warranties is a just the broker, so they sell a variety of policies for various insurers, so what you got a quote on may not be the same as what somebody else got last month. Or even yesterday.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote